200 Hp build help - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
200 Hp build help

i have 2000 acura integra ls automatic it is a daily driver. the car is very slow pick up and just not enough power, i was looking into doing ls/vtec but im very confused. if someone can give me information as to what i need in detail i would really appreciate. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you want 200hp, you won't get there with ls/vtec unless you go aftermarket with the internals.
This can get very expensive.
If you just want some power, you can slap a turbo kit on, and make over 200hp. I'm not sure if there are any complications with automatic transmissions -- maybe an aftermarket torque converter? I don't know, I have no experience with 'em.
Pickup will still be a little slow until you hit boost though (you shuold hit boost around 3500rpm on an ls engine with the standard eBay turbo).

If you are set on ls/vtec, there are a lot of build threads on here, browse through the forum, and bookmark a few threads. There is more helpful info in these than anyone is willing enough to type out on this thread
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:57 PM
JDR

First things first ditch the auto tranny that's not going to get you to 160 hp let alone 200 hp.
next figure out a plan what is the car for is it a daily a weekend car or track 200 hp is easy to reach but it takes planning like if you get big cams you will need valve train bigger injectors etc. I personally would recommend a gsr swap it will not net you 200 hp out the box but it will be a night and day difference compared to your auto ls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:31 PM

Garage
Some BC cams and a turbo will be your best bet for making 200+hp and increasing the pickup. You don't really need to fully build the head or anything like that if you're using an e-bay turbo kit, the cams will just help out on the low end till you build some boost.

You really do need to swap the trans for a Y/S80 or a YS1 or something though, the auto trans will not handle anymore extra power over 30 or 40 hp without major wear on the internals...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretherman View Post
If you want 200hp, you won't get there with ls/vtec unless you go aftermarket with the internals.
This can get very expensive.
If you just want some power, you can slap a turbo kit on, and make over 200hp. I'm not sure if there are any complications with automatic transmissions -- maybe an aftermarket torque converter? I don't know, I have no experience with 'em.
Pickup will still be a little slow until you hit boost though (you shuold hit boost around 3500rpm on an ls engine with the standard eBay turbo).

If you are set on ls/vtec, there are a lot of build threads on here, browse through the forum, and bookmark a few threads. There is more helpful info in these than anyone is willing enough to type out on this thread
Rofl, you do not need aftermarket internals for a measly 200hp
if by standard you mean the shitty t3/t4s on ebay, even that's doubtable

Honestly if he wants a faster car without spending too much just get a new tranny (gsr or b16) and then do the i/h/c/e with a tune.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuudoushi View Post
Some BC cams and a turbo will be your best bet for making 200+hp and increasing the pickup. You don't really need to fully build the head or anything like that if you're using an e-bay turbo kit, the cams will just help out on the low end till you build some boost.

You really do need to swap the trans for a Y/S80 or a YS1 or something though, the auto trans will not handle anymore extra power over 30 or 40 hp without major wear on the internals...
Everyone in the boosted scene I've talked to said that BC is the worst, shitty knockoff company started by the son of Crower.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geis View Post
Rofl, you do not need aftermarket internals for a measly 200hp
if by standard you mean the shitty t3/t4s on ebay, even that's doubtable

Honestly if he wants a faster car without spending too much just get a new tranny (gsr or b16) and then do the i/h/c/e with a tune.
I was thinking cams, and higher compression pistons at a minimum.
That's pushing $800 not including an actual ls/VTEC conversion.
Headwork would be too damn expensive, so I think you would be in the 200hp range without it.
Headers, exhaust, intake would probably be another $500 or so, and an extra $300-$400 for a tune.

I think a turbo kit would be a decent idea if he just wants a quicker daily. The LS engine is not bad for a turbo at all, and you can get a pretty comprehensive no-name turbo kit for less than $800.
I'm sure he can push 8-10psi no problem through the turbo and engine, and probably do it on an auto tranny until he can put together the parts for a manual swap.

It took thousands of dollars in just parts for my previous NA build to hit 242hp on a mustang dyno, and that was a b18c1 running 85mm 12.5:1 compression pistons. Not to mention complete headwork.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I was thinking cams, and higher compression pistons at a minimum.
That's pushing $800 not including an actual ls/VTEC conversion.
Headwork would be too damn expensive, so I think you would be in the 200hp range without it.
Headers, exhaust, intake would probably be another $500 or so, and an extra $300-$400 for a tune.

I think a turbo kit would be a decent idea if he just wants a quicker daily. The LS engine is not bad for a turbo at all, and you can get a pretty comprehensive no-name turbo kit for less than $800.
I'm sure he can push 8-10psi no problem through the turbo and engine, and probably do it on an auto tranny until he can put together the parts for a manual swap.

It took thousands of dollars in just parts for my previous NA build to hit 242hp on a mustang dyno, and that was a b18c1 running 85mm 12.5:1 compression pistons. Not to mention complete headwork.
No matter what he will need the tune, so adding the 3-400 for that is pretty worthless, plus he could find someone to street tune for him for less perhaps.
Cams are considered a bolt iirc 500 for headers and exhaust? Yeah maybe if he is buying brand new from a nice a company, you could easily do those for way less than that. Creating a diy icebox costs nearly nothing
Cams will be the most expensive part next to a tune, but hey they are also the most important for shifting/making power NA.

The turbo kit for 800 is going to be complete shit and he still will need supporting mods, if he was more experienced I would say go for it but it is not only more complicated but more expensive as well. You don't need pistons for 200bhp, whp yes but he didn't specify but seeing how he's knew to this he's probably talking at the crank - ez with i/h/c/e
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
No matter what he will need the tune, so adding the 3-400 for that is pretty worthless, plus he could find someone to street tune for him for less perhaps.
Cams are considered a bolt iirc 500 for headers and exhaust? Yeah maybe if he is buying brand new from a nice a company, you could easily do those for way less than that. Creating a diy icebox costs nearly nothing
Cams will be the most expensive part next to a tune, but hey they are also the most important for shifting/making power NA.

The turbo kit for 800 is going to be complete shit and he still will need supporting mods, if he was more experienced I would say go for it but it is not only more complicated but more expensive as well. You don't need pistons for 200bhp, whp yes but he didn't specify but seeing how he's knew to this he's probably talking at the crank - ez with i/h/c/e
I think it all depends on his funds. Either way he goes, it's not going to be cheap.
Ls/VTEC with I/H/C/E with tune will probably be just as expensive as an eBay turbo kit which I believe is perfectly fine for low boost.
Add on the tranny swap to either one of those.
You can get a street tune (which is perfectly fine as well), but then he won't know if he has 200hp or not
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:48 PM
JDR

Quote:
I think it all depends on his funds. Either way he goes, it's not going to be cheap.
Ls/VTEC with I/H/C/E with tune will probably be just as expensive as an eBay turbo kit which I believe is perfectly fine for low boost.
Add on the tranny swap to either one of those.
You can get a street tune (which is perfectly fine as well), but then he won't know if he has 200hp or not
Im at $3,200 just on my motor not including coil overs all the nik naks and I still have to get a manifold ,injectors ,Hondata s300. If your on a budget keep it real just get a gsr swap no sense in starting a build to have parts sit for 2 years. GSR swap is my vote unless you got the $$
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

i want to have 200hp or something closer to it but i don't plan on swapping my automatic to manual anytime soon. that one of the reason i was thinking of doing ls/vtec
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 06:42 PM
JDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenga View Post
i want to have 200hp or something closer to it but i don't plan on swapping my automatic to manual anytime soon. that one of the reason i was thinking of doing ls/vtec
I don't mean to come off blunt but it wont happen with a automatic
tranny.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:14 PM

LS/VTEC will make 200hp easily. You can't slap a reliable turbo kit on anything and have it be less than an LSV unless you piece it together over time with great deals that are found. a b16 head with higher compression pistons and a good full exhaust system will get you pretty close to 200. Turbo kits also won't need cams with that little of horsepower nor will they need aftermarket internals if your motor is in good shape and you have a good tuner.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Everyone in the boosted scene I've talked to said that BC is the worst, shitty knockoff company started by the son of Crower.
Briamcrower cams is what everyone that is boosted/blown has told other people to get as far as I seen... Prime examples include @MorningZ and @drmix , I trust what these two people say over anything else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page