B20 swap questions - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by christheape on Jun/05/08
The fuel injectors will not work off thb20 im . I used the stock injectors off my b18 but i have a golen eagle fuel rale.
They will if you use no spacers on a stock LS intake manifold. The B20z injectors were about 1/4" shorter, so you gotta pull the plastic spacers off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I know this thread is old but I've thought of more questions

It being an OBDII engine is it just pull off my OBDI stuff and swap it over? no codes or anything will come up? What about emissions? And valve cover?

Meltman:We here at TI all appreciate you trashing a perfectly good ITR engine because you're dumb.

Forced induction is NOT a fix for bad VE

B18Ch1ck: I am making noodles,they probably handle better than a DC5
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperX on Jul/31/08
I know this thread is old but I've thought of more questions

It being an OBDII engine is it just pull off my OBDI stuff and swap it over? no codes or anything will come up? What about emissions? And valve cover?
yes.. take the sensrs and what not off the old engine and swap them onto the b20. Im pretty good with these swaps... done a few lol I do use the b20 valve cover though.

Treat Life Like A Rental Car 14.795 @ 89.83 MPH B20: CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much. is it hard to do the swap?, i wouldnt imangine so. and is there anything i should know in advance?
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 PM

I know for my teg I had to swap out the driver side motor mount bracket that attaches to the engine itself. Use your entire LS manifold, Injectors and all. Just take your time and do it right. Make sure all your bolts are torqued correctly. Ive had a few bolts back theirselves out. (what a mess) Other than all that, Just take your time dont rush. I know me and a biddy did 2 b20 swaps in one weekend. Saturday and Sunday.
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. im gonna get new mounts anyway, i have no rear mount, it's all gone
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperX on Apr/03/08
Do you need a(n) adjustable FPR or is it just a nice thing to have?

And in the future if a use my old head and do headwork to it for the B20 I will need to do tuning. But if I use a SRI or CAI, my B18B or a aftermarket IM, and my DC exhaust manifold and whatever exhaust using the stock head would I need to bring it to a tuner, do it myself with VAFC or should I just leave it?

TIA

Umm, I have been reading about this swap at B20vtec.com and they seem to swear up and down that you must tune when you do this swap. And to always use a VAFC. I really want to believe that nothing more is needed but I'm not sure. I know that the LS is tuned to be safely rich but has anyone ever posted the comperison of the two fuel maps side by side LS/B20? So what is true and what is the deal that some say you need all this and some say you dont?
post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Just a straight LS to B20 swap.. No tune.
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97LS on Aug/06/08
Quote: SniperX on Apr/03/08 Do you need a(n) adjustable FPR or is it just a nice thing to have?

And in the future if a use my old head and do headwork to it for the B20 I will need to do tuning. But if I use a SRI or CAI, my B18B or a aftermarket IM, and my DC exhaust manifold and whatever exhaust using the stock head would I need to bring it to a tuner, do it myself with VAFC or should I just leave it?

TIA

Umm, I have been reading about this swap at B20vtec.com and they seem to swear up and down that you must tune when you do this swap. And to always use a VAFC. I really want to believe that nothing more is needed but I'm not sure. I know that the LS is tuned to be safely rich but has anyone ever posted the comperison of the two fuel maps side by side LS/B20? So what is true and what is the deal that some say you need all this and some say you dont?
Thats if you add a vtec head. If you keep the motor stock it does not need a tune. A VAFC is a Vtec Air Fuel Controller.
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 PM

i can only remember one posting from a long time ago with a bolt on b20z i believe, he said his tuner said he starting to run a little lean up top. i can't really remember any details tho.

I had my jdm b20b in an obd0 integra, with only a adj fpr bindly turned up, and i thought it was pretty weak. The engine then went in a '92 auto, same untuned setup, and i thought it was night and day over the b18a. Now the same engine is going into my '98 integra obd2, no tuning. I've put about 60 or 70 kkms on it now, hasn't seemed to hurt it yet

d

'94 civic cx - jdm gsr w/lsd '92 gs auto - jdm b20b - retired '98 gs - soon to be b20 powered w/gsr-lsd tranny .
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are the usdm b20 better for boost and would a block gaurd help with the thinner walls?

[URL=https://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=27450 8]Mr.Cool's JDM DC4
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

IIRC difference is only the CR. and the block guard would probably help a lot.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 AM

hmm, well the thinner wall is btw the cyls only, not around them per se.
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:52 AM

Articles: 2
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool360 on Sep/05/08
are the usdm b20 better for boost and would a block gaurd help with the thinner walls?

I thought we covered this:

Quote: Danny50 on Sep/05/08 Quote: mrcool360 on Sep/05/08Im thinking of doing a b20 block swap then throw on my turbo.... as far as i know there are two types of b20s low compression and high compression ones, so the low one would be better for boost right???

Sigh....

Here is some basic info. Turbo FAQ

The b20 sleeves are cast differently, and are resultantly prone to cracking ( I think this is the second time I have posted this today). As far as the compression issue, THIS is from the common topics.

This thread will also help, as will THIS ARTICLE.

*UPDATE 9/5* 500hp Turbo Build, for the love of god no 56k please King Motorsports Tuned: 433whp/300wtq @ 17.5psi - 93 503.13whp/372wtq @ 30psi - 110 Octane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page