Transmission slips once warmed up - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission slips once warmed up

1990 Integra Auto sedan

Tranny slips when it is warmed up. Fluid is changed recently.

What might be an inexpensive way to fix this - places?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Was it slipping before the fluid change?

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 View Post
Was it slipping before the fluid change?

Could u explain - what is if was not slipping before?
I do not know the history of the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:00 PM

Garage
Not sure what you want me to explain here.....

You stated that you changed the trans fluid. Was the transmission slipping before the fluid change, or did this start after the fluid change?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not sure what you want me to explain here.....

You stated that you changed the trans fluid. Was the transmission slipping before the fluid change, or did this start after the fluid change?
This is what I stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciconf View Post
Tranny slips when it is warmed up. Fluid is changed recently.
I did not change the fluid and I do not know the history.

What is the point if it was slipping before the fluid change - or started after the oil change?

Also does Gen2 gives the OBD codes?

Last edited by sciconf; 03-17-2019 at 10:36 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciconf View Post
This is what I stated:

I did not change the fluid and I do not know the history.

What is the point if it was slipping before the fluid change - or started after the oil change?

Also does Gen2 gives the OBD codes?
If you did not change the fluid, stating so would assist others and myself to help with diagnosing.

The point of me asking if it was slipping before or after the trans fluid changes is to narrow down what the issue may be. If it was slipping before the fluid change, then we could potentially rule out any possibility with the trans fluid change being a culprit or contributor as the cause or issue of the trans slipping.

If it started slipping after the fluid change, then myself and others can start to ask questions in relation to how the fluid change was performed, as it "could" then be one, if not, the main reason to the trans slipping (incorrect fluid, low fluid level, etc).

There are reason why we ask questions. Simply because, not enough information within your original post for us to assist. You stated the fluid was changed. We (members) did not know that you personally did not change it. A simple AT fluid change (if not done correctly) could definitely be a cause of a transmission slipping, hence why I asked my questions above. Additionally, you had started another thread on how to change the AT fluid in an automatic transmission. Between that post, and this one that you created, lead me to believe that you changed the transmission fluid, and now it's slipping (after changing).

Make sense?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
If you did not change the fluid, stating so would assist others and myself to help with diagnosing.

The point of me asking if it was slipping before or after the trans fluid changes is to narrow down what the issue may be. If it was slipping before the fluid change, then we could potentially rule out any possibility with the trans fluid change being a culprit or contributor as the cause or issue of the trans slipping.

If it started slipping after the fluid change, then myself and others can start to ask questions in relation to how the fluid change was performed, as it "could" then be one, if not, the main reason to the trans slipping (incorrect fluid, low fluid level, etc).

There are reason why we ask questions. Simply because, not enough information within your original post for us to assist. You stated the fluid was changed. We (members) did not know that you personally did not change it. A simple AT fluid change (if not done correctly) could definitely be a cause of a transmission slipping, hence why I asked my questions above. Additionally, you had started another thread on how to change the AT fluid in an automatic transmission. Between that post, and this one that you created, lead me to believe that you changed the transmission fluid, and now it's slipping (after changing).

Make sense?

Agree 100%, all of the OP post or missing allot of information. It's hard for us to help the OP. I'm at a point that I'm giving up.

About time I can now apply for Historic Tags for my GS/VTEC Automatic and no more SMOG
-------------------
In other news: New edition to the family born on August 21, 2018 @ 3:10am

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page