Please help me, my integra isn't running and hasn't ran since 2016 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help me, my integra isn't running and hasn't ran since 2016

Can someone please help me get my car running? I have a 1993 Integra B18A1 with a Automatic (have plans to swap in a manual, but not the point.) as the title implies, it hasn't ran since 2016 and I'm stumped about what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 02:02 PM

You have provided very limited information. So the list of what could possibly be wrong is going to be very long. With that being said, I will list the most common things that you may want to check.

First make sure there is oil in the engine, and that the timing belt is installed accurately. You will need to remove the valve cover and upper timing belt cover for that. Also, while the valve cover is off,verify valve lash clearances and adjust if needed. If all looks good, move on to the following (not in order, so do the easy stuff first):

1. Battery needs to produce 12+ volts (charge or replace if it doesn't)
2. Make sure there is gas in the tank
3. Confirm that fuel pump is working when you turnkey to ACC (turn your radio down, the pump is under rear seat and you should be able to hear it)
4. Make sure the fuel is being delivered to the engine (Disconnect spark plug wires. Remove fuel rail to verify that injectors are functioning while cranking the engine. Put a bag over it so you don't spray fuel all over while doing it, and DON'T smoke)
5. Verify spark plug gaps, and test each to make sure it delivers a spark (Remove a spark plug. Connect the spark plug wire.Secure it in the engine bay so that you can see the spark plug while cranking the engine to confirm that it produces a spark. Repeat the process to test all four of them)
6. Check engine compression using a compression tool. The numbers shall not vary more than 10% between cylinders.
7. Check vacuum hoses to confirm you don't have a major vacuum leak.
8. Read your check engine light reading.
9. Hot wire the starter solenoid if the engine is not turning at all. (put car in neutral if 5-speed. turn key on ACC. Disconnect the spade wire on starter solenoid. Use a 2-foot wire to connect spade connection on the starter solenoid to the battery +).

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 10-20-2018 at 09:11 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Thank you sir. I know I haven't provided very much information about my integra but i'm willing to fill in the blanks. On October 25th 2015, I bought my '93 Integra from an enlisted private on Fort Riley for $600 with the original problem being a bad head gasket. I drove it home that night and parked it, I had to wait to get the head gasket replaced but I got it replaced. it drove fine until the later half of 2016 when it stopped running completely. I was very confused and concerned about my baby so i was checking everything right up until I pulled out my Stereo and I had found an entire mess that was supposed to be my entire wiring harness. then i put two and two together and assumed that the previous owner had been tinkering with the wiring harness to try and "upgrade" the security system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:45 PM

If the owner did try to improve the car's security system, the wiring work would likely be found under the steering column, not behind the radio. At least in my experience. Regardless of what the owner did before you purchased the vehicle, the car ran for some time after the purchase. I would be more inclined to think it has to do with one of the things I mentioned in my previous post, before concluding that its related to inadequate security upgrade.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page