Team Integra Forums banner

"Header guard" ( Skidplate ) available?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  GreenStretRacer 
#1 ·
I installed a DC JDM 4-1 header on my G3 GS-R a couple months ago. It sits very low to the ground. Does anyone know if there is anything available to keep the header from getting flattened? The obvious fix would be to raise the car up, or get a different header - neither of which is gonna happen. I was aware of the clearence problem before I got it, but I thought I would enquire if there is protection available. Any one else have this problem with the DC JDM 4-1?

BTW: I haven't damaged it yet, but I avoid all potential "dangers", it's a bit of a pain.

#8 ·
hmm... I like that picture.

Maybe if I have some time this summer, I'll pick up some sheetmetal... haha

#10 ·
i knwo this is old but i thought it'd be nice for ppl to see this. i made my own using bolts/metal from Home Depot. It is braced against the front crossmember and fastened to the lower two stock mounting points. (this is on a db2 btw). i don't get any rattle, and have hit this thing a few times at over 40mph. not a single dent. the second and third pics show how the three pieces of metal separated themselves to give the plates a sort of spring action. i was initially concerned about hurting the header, but i hit the front of the plates with a sledge a few times(with some beef behind em) and it didnt move the assembly much at all. of course it'll be differnt with the car moving but still pretty solid so far.

#14 ·
ben, at the same time though, ive had mine for a year, non lammed and their scraped up on the bottom, every header fits diffrently, every car rides diffrently, and mot of all every driver drives diffrently and in diffrent tarain u know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.