Low Idle , Feels like its dying - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 01:57 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JersNb18c on Dec/22/04
1st thing u should do.......check battery voltage and charging system voltage.
what is the easiest way to do this... with a volt meter?

what should the reading say?

Black 96 GSR - All Motor Daily Driver Red 99 LS w/ JRSC - Night Time/Weekend Warrior I Also Own A 500whp All-Motor Chevy S-10, A Honda 440EX ATV, And A Yamaha YZ125 Dirtbike, If It Has an Engine Then I'll Whip It... Motorsports Are My Life.. And Gas Pumps Through My Veins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 02:02 PM

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont think its an IAC problem, I think you're missing on a cylinder.

When cars have hot-start problems, where they miss on a cylinder, and the car vibrates/idles low, it's an ignition thing. This sounds like the same thing.

Cap, rotor, wires, plugs replacement time.

Drinking dark liquor, tellin white lies.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 03:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well the car's been running fine (except for the idle sticking at 2k rpms sometimes)

so today i:
changed the OIL
installed new NGK Plug wires
Cleaned, and recleaned the IACV

and i just took her around the block... low low low idle... like everyone else is saying.

so right now i'm reseting my ECU, maybe the new CLEANED IACV is working properly now, and the ECU cant figure it out yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 08:50 PM

Ya I have a low idle too. Oh and dont think I'm an idiot, cause I already know it, im pretty new with cars but im learning. Whats an IACV?
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:46 AM

I actually just experienced the same problem earler today... Well, much earlier... (if you check out the time of my post )

I was doing a valve adjustment and, personally, I think it's just that I might've plugged my spark plug wires in wrong...for some odd reason, as simple as it is. (I was kind of in a hurry after I got the valve cover back on). But, I'm also smelling something that I can only describe as a "burning rubber" type smell. I can't explain why. Nothing I did would have caused that. But, the low idle and shaking are also there, too. Except that, in this case, (it might be the same in everyone elses), I get my check engine light to flash if I start to "push it" at all. The only safe zone for it, seems to be between 1k and 3k rpms.

I definately keep this car maintainted and pretty much all general maintenance is done when it needs to be done. So, I'm not worried about anything like that going out on it. (I'm sure everyone else here has the same mindset anyways ^_^) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 06:28 PM

Quick update::

Just checked all the spark plugs/wires and distributor. Still same problem. *sigh* Can't seem to figure out what it is right now. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe it. Since it worked fine an hour before I took the wires out and the cover off...

Any suggestions would be helpful. I still feel it's just the wires. But, my Haynes manual that shows the plug order... well, it sounds worse if I change it to that particular order. I know it sounds odd, but, it's true.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 12:45 PM

what kind of spark plugs are you using? intake clearance from acura said its .09 mm but i read somewhere that it should be .2 mm intake and exhaust i adjusted mine to .1 mm and im havin similar problems ever since, now i dont know whether its my bosch +4 platinum spark plugs cuz someone told me not to use those on japanese cars, so that could be it. theres also another mod that i did which is run the coolant hose rather through the throttle body but straight to the engine instead, supposedly you get a few extra horsepowers, so therefore some times my idle goes up and down but i dont think thats the reason why it idles low, im really starting to believe its the intake clearance, and that it should be somewhere more than .1 mm but hey, i dunno!!!!
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 PM

I had the same problem on my 95 GSR the only thing i did was change 3 things "Timing Belt, Spark Plugs & Wires" and the problem went away.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM

i'm getting this problem, the idle is around 500 rpms just like everyone else, i've changed the spark plugs, i'm going to be chaning the wires to see if that does anything and then i'll move onto the timing belt since my car has 190K miles on it, its a 98 GS-R.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM

Articles: 7
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Search and see what you can find in these other threads. Idle problems are also located under the common topics tab on the right hand side of the screen in the Generation 3 Forum...
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:27 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ok, so i did some searching and some reading and thought I would throw this one out there and see what you guys think. My 94 LS also has the same problem with the idle when in neutral and its only when the car is warm...but heres the kicker, when the car is warm between 1000 rpm and 3000 rpm the car sputters real bad but if I punch it, it drives fine. So with that being said because I am new to imports I pulled the plugs wired one by one and got them close to the valve cover to check for spark the plug wire closest to the cam gears seem to have alot less spark then the other three wires.

I pulled the spark plugs and cleaned them and checked the gap and they were fine. Also I tool the car to a really dark parking lot and turned off all the lights with the car running and sprayed the spark plug wired with plain water to see if they were arching and I got nothing......

Any help on this one????
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM

well here is my input, i got a 97 GS, at this moment, me and another friend believe my IACV isnt even working at ALL, ive replaced it with another used one, doesnt seem to work :\. What happens to me is this, sometimes when im driving and i come to a light and im holding the brake, the car kind of pulls forward like it jerks/bogs, its refered as "idle spikes". I was told by a few people. They told me it could be iacv, timing could be off, my ecu may be bad( i had a harness issue not long ago ). i get paid today , so ill be spending a good amount on entire tune up. I'll let u guys know my outcome.

But u guys may be having idle spikes. Im also having issues where my car wants to turn off, but i havent been working on every issues yet because i just got the main cabient harness in... so ill drop feedback when i got it.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 AM

kingkash. what you posted i think is exactly the information i needed. i have an 98 obd1 turboed gsr and it's doing the crazy idle situation just like the guy on your post said so i'm gonna try what he says and see what happens.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Articles: 7
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazedIntegra on Feb/27/07
well here is my input, i got a 97 GS, at this moment, me and another friend believe my IACV isnt even working at ALL, ive replaced it with another used one, doesnt seem to work :\. What happens to me is this, sometimes when im driving and i come to a light and im holding the brake, the car kind of pulls forward like it jerks/bogs, its refered as "idle spikes". I was told by a few people. They told me it could be iacv, timing could be off, my ecu may be bad( i had a harness issue not long ago ). i get paid today , so ill be spending a good amount on entire tune up. I'll let u guys know my outcome.

But u guys may be having idle spikes. Im also having issues where my car wants to turn off, but i havent been working on every issues yet because i just got the main cabient harness in... so ill drop feedback when i got it.
Have you checked that the IACV is working properly? There is a test procedure in a thread on this site. Here is the link. As for timing, you can easily check that using this article as a guide.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page