Team Integra Forums banner

Car died while driving

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  LindaC 
#1 ·
I have a 97 integra ls and I was heading to work when all of a sudden the engine lost power the dash lights came on and the car revved as if it were in neutral while in gear. I’m not sure what it is. I pulled over and tried to start the car again and nothing. I waited about 40-50 mins and then the car finally started. Also, I’m new to this forum!

#6 ·
similar indecent recently

Hi! Also new to the forum and was specifically looking for this topic. Mine's a 2000 LS, 187K miles. Engine shut off while driving, but none of the dash lights went on until I pulled over and put it in park. It restarted so I just blamed it on the long drive/traffic/heat. 1 week and 150 miles later, it does the same thing but this time won't start. My mechanic suspected the distributor and replaced that. Only driven 10 miles since but a little stressed out that it could happen again. So was replacing the distributor a permanent fix for any of you?
Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.