Temp Gauge Issues - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Temp Gauge Issues

Hello, this is my first post on TI. I am having really strange issues with my 1998 GSR... Its been running hot since I got it. Ive replace thermostat, alternator and battery. It doesn't leak coolant, it leaks a small amount of oil. If i keep the RPM's higher than about 3500, it won't overheat, but when cruising it does. Using anything electrical makes the gauge bounce about 1/8, such as turning headlights on and off, turning the heater on. I brought it to a shop and they couldn't find what it was but said its most likely a cracked block but I have my doubts about that. I feel no power loss and see no smoke, and its been doing this for almost 8 months and I daily it about 10 minutes to work every day. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A few questions came to mind based on what you're describing. Can you physically see both the fans moving when the engine is running and can you freely move them with your hand when the car is off? Have you checked what your oil looks like recently, that would likely be the best way to identify if you have a cracked block at this point without tearing everything apart. I suspect that when you replaced the thermostat you had to add coolant/flush the coolant, what did it look like before hand (color, etc.)?

The fact that you've been driving it with this issue for 8 months suggests that if any thing seem out of the ordinary with the above you may have already damaged the engine.

95 Integra LS - Touge/Time Attack
B18b1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page