Team Integra Forums banner

2000 Hatchback Actuator problems?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tony4311 
#1 ·
So, I've been using my key to unlock my hatchback on my 2000 Integra GSR. I didn't actually realize there was even a lever actuator in the trunk handle. Once I learned of this, I used my fob to unlock the power locks and sure enough the lever actually worked and the hatch opened up. I closed it up and locked it with the fob, and just tested the lever again with the car locked up and it still opened the hatch? which set off my alarm so I quickly closed it up and stopped my alarm. Then, I just used my key in the hole and turned it to the left to make sure it would lock up. After locking it with the key, the lever didn't open the hatch (good, right?). But after unlocking with the fob, the lever still didn't open the hatch back up again. And then I also tried unlocking the hatch with the key and it opened just fine, and the lever still won't open.

Did my actuator just break on me in the last couple minutes? Do I just resort to using my key from now on?

Thanks guys. First time poster here, new Integra owner

#3 ·
Not if it worked for him at least once though. They all break it's only a matter of time. The gears inside it break. Maybe yours were old and brittle enough that the one time it was used in a long time broke them. Mines been busted for years. I don't really ever put anything in the hatch so I haven't bothered to replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.