Team Integra Forums banner

Coilover Banging & Topped Out

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EGA_John 
#1 ·
So for almost a year now I've had Megan Racing EZ-2 coilovers on my 94 teg. Since day 1 I noticed they dont have any upward travel and always seemed to be topped out. When I put a jack under the car and give it about 2 pumps the wheels are already off the ground. I've noticed these springs are extremely stiff and have an insane amount of rebound when hitting bumps and what not. Now lately I noticed the rear passenger side is banging really loud when going over speed bumps or turning into an uneven driveway when the wheel comes off the ground (this happens alot you can feel the car teeter totter). I spoke to a Megan Racing rep about the issue and he seemed very quick to jump to conclusions and tell me my springs are too stiff and I need to buy a looser spring for the rear. While I'd like to agree in some cases, the problem is only the passenger side bangs when fully extending which doesn't seem right. Just curious if anyone has had this issue or has any info.

#2 ·
Diagnose the problem as best as you can, some points of interest might be to check if the bolts are all tightened down on the top hat, 9f they are not it will cause problems and you will hear clanking sounds
Also check for leaks, a strut may have blown out in worst case which will aid in the cause of alot of rebound, you can notice a strut leaking by moisture and fluid around the area. Most coilovers dont allow alot of travel and are firm and stiff over bumps and most coilovers dont have much droop(down travel) when you jack up the car, so a few pumps with a jack is normal to get the wheels off the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.