Team Integra Forums banner

First Post and Need Build Advice

578 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gnarkill2 
#1 ·
Ok So this is my first post, not new to Hondas or cars.

I had a 94 integra LS in high school that I totaled years back.

So finally back in the game.

Picked up a 99 GSR with 133K miles on it. Bone stock except for an intake and shifter bushings. Not a lick of rust 0. Body is ok, but upper paint faded. Green with tan leather.

Motor was run out of oil.....damage to cam journals and 1 and 2 main bearings, crank is fine.....

I got a sweet deal on a B20, has eagle rods, wiseco pistons, ARP head studs. Came with a GSR head that is fresh and clean, bone stock except a mild PNP and AEM cam gears on stock GSR cams

A bunch of other extras....axles, backdoor intercooler, rc440's.

Ok, I just ordered a new timing belt waterpump, Golden Eagle headgasket. My plan is to assemble and just run as it. Stock GSR Header, exhaust, and the intake. Since that is what I have. Stock GSR intake manifold.

I picked up a catch can setup to run with the b20 vtec.

Can I run the b20v with the stock p72 ECU?

I have a virgin p28 I just bought, want to run an s300 in it eventually when I boost it.

Should I A) get the s300 in the p28, convert it to obd1 and run that? Or B) just run it as is with the p72. Everything is GSR.

I will keep all the GSR header and intake and everything until I get my turbo kit put together.

Thanks in advance!

-Casey

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to TI. I can't wait to see a picture of the crank. I consider it a miracle for the crank to survive while two of the main bearings sustained damage. I suspect the bearings didn't spin, just had contamination. But even in this case, the crank journals should have been scratched at the very least.

The car will run with P28 ECU, however w/o a proper tune you'll be running even lean or reach depending on whether the pistons are low or high compression. Once you boost it, definitely do a tune using Hondata. That way you'll be able to datalog everything. If you blow it up later, you would at least get some clues to why it happened and make necessary adjustments/replacements to save the next engine. Something I wish I did few years ago.

#3 ·
Yeah man the GSR crank has some scuffs, but they can polished out I think, can't feel with my finger....anyway I am not gonna use that motor.

So I am gonna drop the b20v with the gsr head and run it on the p72.

Meanwhile I am gonna peice together a 2 stage dry nitrous system. Using the gsr plate and the second stage at the throttle body. Will play on running both as dry systems. Upgrade to 1000 cc injectors, hondata s300 with nitrous in that p28 I have.

Car will remain bone stock, eshaust, suspension. Eveything. Plan to run a 150 first stage and 100 2nd stage, I found a good tuner.

I have always wanted to do a nitrous build and this is my first.

And I will make tons of fast and furious quotes about "NAZZZZ"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.