Noisy '97 GSR Compliance Bushings - Replace or Lubricate? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Noisy '97 GSR Compliance Bushings - Replace or Lubricate?

I have a '97 GSR with 105k miles. The front compliance bushings make a groaning sound when the lower control arm is moved up and down. The bushings are the original OEM installed at the factory.

See video here: Compliance Bushing Groan

I've removed the bushings, and the both look ok (No cracking or compression of the rubber). Would it be possible to lubricate these with silicone spray and re-install, or should they be replaced?

If replacement is the suggestion, do you have any recommendations other than OEM (not looking for polyurethane or performance bushings as this is just a daily driver).

Many thanks,
-Fritz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
So if it's 105k miles here with the original bushings cooked, what is the fear of putting OEM ones back in? they sure held up for a long time, i don't understand why the need to "upgrade" or worse think just because something is aftermarket that it is automatically better

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
So if it's 105k miles here with the original bushings cooked, what is the fear of putting OEM ones back in? they sure held up for a long time, i don't understand why the need to "upgrade" or worse think just because something is aftermarket that it is automatically better
Thanks for the reply. I re-read my post and can see how it might read as though I'm specifically looking for an OEM alternative. I'm absolutely satisfied with the OEM bushings and will replace with the same if that is the recommendation.

To clarify, my questions are:

1. Are these bushings 'cooked'? Or do they just need some lubrication? I really don't know.

2. The OEM bushings have been great, but was just curious if there might be less-expensive just-as-reliable options for a daily driver, or if the recommendation is to stick with OEM.

Note: I'm new to doing anything beyond an oil change on my car, so I'm looking for a little guidance to help ensure the best result. I plan to have my regular mechanic check my work when I'm done.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:38 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I haven't checked prices in a while, but I found the mugen front compliance bushing to be cheaper to buy vs buying OEM. Spoon might have one in the same price range. I would check the prices on rhdjapan or king motorsports, although I had issues with king motorsports sending me the s2000 compliance bushing on accident twice. I think the part numbers were similar.

I think hardrace has a rubber one too, but after talking to a local ITR owner at an autox and his experience with their front and rear lower bushings failing under track conditions and another friend who used his EG hatch as a daily driver and had the hard race bushing fall apart, I am hesitant from using them as long term parts vs OEM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the useful information @aw614 . I wasn't aware of those sites or suppliers but I've bookmarked them both for future reference. The best price I can find on a pair of OEM bushings would be about $225 shipped from oemacuraparts.com. I have read a few poor reviews regarding Hardrace, so based on that and the information you provided, I don't think I would consider that brand. I'll take a look at what king motorsports and rhdjapan have available.

Thanks again!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 10:48 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Check the oem part number on amayama.com everything I've looked for there is cheaper even with shipping and shipping has only taken 2 weeks during Christmas time, and the parts are 100% Honda oem from Japan!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page