94 Integra LS Clutch Fork Squeak - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94 Integra LS Clutch Fork Squeak

Before I say anything, I want to let you know that I've searched the forums already. I did find a write up on how to get rid of the squeak, but it did not work in my case, so I wanted a final opinion on my issue. The squeak has happened ever since I've owned the car for 16 months, but I was getting annoyed by the noise, so I did what the write up stated.

I unbolted the slave cylinder, took off the rod w/ the boot greased it up and put it back on the first time. It stopped squeaking for maybe ten or so pushes of the clutch. I did this about two times and it didn't work.

The third time I took the rod out and sanded down a couple imperfections that was causing the ball to not be round and smooth. After sanding I used polishing and rubbing compound on the ball to thoroughly clean and smooth it out. I was pretty confident with the newly rounded and smoothed ball pivot, so I greased it up with a nice amount of grease making sure to not be excessive.

After bolting it all up, I press the clutch pedal once, no sound, press it a second time and the normal squeaking sound could be heard.

I saw in the write up that the OP used anti-seize grease for the lube of the ball pivot, so I'm not sue if using STP Hi Temp 500 degree grease would be much different from that.

I understand this could be the throw out bearing, but if it was, then why would the squeak go away for a little when being greased up again?

Thanks in advance, I'm going to go back and have at it again in a few minutes. Also, I'm not sure this is in the right place, but I didn't see an area for "Maintenance".

Edit: I did almost this exact thing from this link, I'm going to grease it up some more and see.

96 CRV P8R RS Integra

Last edited by MyRedTeggy; 12-30-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

So I redid the greasing of the slave master cylinder, I greased up all the pedal parts with heavy duty silicone, but it still hasn't worked. Every time that the ball pivot is greased up it works good for like 5 pedal pushes, but then all of the grease gets pushed out and it's like there is nothing in between the clutch fork and the slave cylinder pivot. I'm going to purchase the disc brake lube which, from what I've read, seems to be some of the best stuff available since the urea or Honda Super 60 isn't really readily available. If the brake grease doesn't work, then I don't know.

I've checked the CMC, but the boot looks good and has no leaks and the SMC also looks fairly new as well. The only thing this car didn't have when I bought it was a clutch fork dust boot.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:22 PM

Honda Urea Grease is readily available at most dealerships. The high temperature range and the composition of this grease cant be found in most off the shelf greases. It costs around $17 but will last you a lifetime since you only need to use a small amount on the fork and ball end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

I couldn't work on my teggy for a couple of days, but I was able to today. I bought the $1.50 AutoZone Disc Brake Grease (light blue in color) and applied it one time, I used about half of the packet. After that I pressed the clutch and it made noise again, but after driving it about 12 miles I don't hear the squeaky noise anymore, so that solved that problem.

I read multiple articles about people using any grease they had laying around and it worked for them, but the STP High Temp grease didn't work and neither did the Heavy Duty Silicone spray I used, so I recommend if your household grease doesn't work, then give the Disc Brake grease a try and it could work. I'll post back in a week or so to confirm it's still working.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page