Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , CA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK so I went to pick-n-pull. Grabbed a set of brake line brackets from original stock front struts... As expected, they were too small on the inner diameter. I ended up cutting out ~3/8" of material out of one side of each bracket. These skunk2 pro shock bodies measured almost dead on 48mm. I ended up pressing in a 48mm diameter disk from a bearing press set I had in the garage... this expanded the bracket out to where I needed it to be. I then used the vise and re-formed the shape using the 48mm disk (see picture).
It actually clamped on fairly well by itself, however I added a hose clamp for extra security. The bracket doesn't budge at all. I like how it turned out. Thanks again aw614!