Power door lock/unlock wires in '00 Integra AUDM - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power door lock/unlock wires in '00 Integra AUDM

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone knew which wires I need to tap into under the driver's kick panel for the door lock and unlock function?

I'm aware the general advice is the black/red and black/white wires in the larger of the two grey plugs under the cruise control module near the firewall. However my Integra doesn't have these - there's two grey plugs in roughly that location, but they're the same size, and they definitely don't house any black/red or blackwhite wires. I'm thinking it's different on my car being an Australian model, and right hand drive.

Has anyone worked it out for this model? Thanks heaps. Been driving me mad, and have google searched to death. Can provide pictures of the area in question if it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
There is no reason why they should be any different colors, but regardless you can test for them

First: find the door lock control module, it's a a box about the size of a deck of cards and it's located right above the midrange speaker in the driver door (left front door on a USDM). Maybe it's in the right front door on your car.

Second, remove the door handle on the *opposite* door, it's one screw and the whole thing can be separated from the door panel.

There will be three wires in the plug on the door handle, one shows a constant ground, one will show a ground when "lock" is pressed, the other ground when the "unlock" is pressed.

These last two wires run through the door into the cabin, all the way across the car via the main harness, then to the gray plugs in the kick panel and then through the door to the above mentioned door lock control unit.

Those are the two wires you are after, and they DEFINITELY exist, the locations just may be swapped

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
There is no reason why they should be any different colors, but regardless you can test for them

First: find the door lock control module, it's a a box about the size of a deck of cards and it's located right above the midrange speaker in the driver door (left front door on a USDM). Maybe it's in the right front door on your car.

Second, remove the door handle on the *opposite* door, it's one screw and the whole thing can be separated from the door panel.

There will be three wires in the plug on the door handle, one shows a constant ground, one will show a ground when "lock" is pressed, the other ground when the "unlock" is pressed.

These last two wires run through the door into the cabin, all the way across the car via the main harness, then to the gray plugs in the kick panel and then through the door to the above mentioned door lock control unit.

Those are the two wires you are after, and they DEFINITELY exist, the locations just may be swapped
Thanks heaps for replying MorningZ. I came across a bunch of your posts whilst searching and was hoping you could help out.

To clarify these two wires should be the same colour all the way from the passenger door handle -> grey plugs -> driver's door lock control module? Will have a go at what you mentioned and report back.

The car previously had an alarm and there's an aftermarket (I believe) green wire that seems to run in the direction of that door lock control module. It shows a constant 12V. I can use this wire to lock/unlock the doors if I connect it to the orange 500mA ground when armed. However my googling suggests this is a bad idea hence trying to find the proper wires.

I did come across this thread which gave me some confidence my car is a little diff. Post #13 is basically what I'm dealing with. Those two plugs in the first image are all I have in the proper location. No black/white or black/red wires.

https://www.team-integra.net/forum/17...s/54834?page=2

I noted your reply MorningZ but got a bit confused.. on my car should I actually be looking for a small 2 pin plug in that area?

Thanks again

Last edited by rhys.l; 05-16-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I didn't say anything about them being the same color, they could change as they go through various plugs., that's why I posted about *testing* for them instead of saying anything about what color they'd be

As for anything aftermarket, i have no idea what to tell you on that front or what you read except that orange wire has absolutely nothing to do with door lock functionality and shouldn't be used.

I explained in detail how to find the wires, that's what I suggest going on instead of wasting time guessing, it'd take 10 mins tops and will work
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Right, so I had a chance to check it out this evening. Door lock module - above speaker in driver's door. This door also has the lock actuator. There was no plug or wires behind the passenger door handle, instead a metal arm heading towards the actual latch (side of door, sits against door jam). Any lock related wires on the passenger side attach here at the latch, and there doesn't appear to be any actuator.

Anyway there's pretty clear evidence on both doors the wires I need are white with red stripe, and yellow with red stripe. I can see these reappearing at the '36' plug in the driver's kick panel. Will test and confirm on the weekend. Hopefully will assist others on the future. Thanks for your help MorningZ.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 06:21 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page