3Likes
  • 1 Post By dpaton
  • 2 Post By dpaton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock seat lowering

I checked around on here and wasn't seeing to any threads on lowering the Orginal seats in the integra without doing a seat swap. I saw that there was the del-sol option but it wouldn't be a very good fit with a tan interor. I would think bucket seat but I am not trying to go that far yet, I want to wait until I can get a good one.

So the main question is does anyone have a good way to lower the stock seat, with maybe some kind of modifcation to the seat or maybe the actual rails its on. I am about 6'2"-6'3" and have to lean quite alot not to touch the roof just really think it would make the car that much nicer if there was a good fix without seat swaping.

B18B1+ITB=Dreams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Is your LS a coupe or a sedan?

If it's a sedan, you can get about an inch by swapping to coupe seat rails.

If it's a coupe, you need a different seat, and Del Sols are about the only factory option around.
GTey97 likes this.

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX daily -> 1991 CRX HF (YT)

Integra friends are the best friends.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It's a coupe unfortunatly. Well I guess can you get a good drop from say a recaro SR3 or SRD seat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 05:52 AM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
No, the SRD's aren't a "good" drop, if anything they are very close to stock Teg seat height.

As Dave mentions, the Del Sol seats are sears where a good amount of headroom is gained

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The Del Sols are the only factory seats that will give you a drop in a coupe. I've heard anecdotal reports that the stock 'Sol rails (Civic EG) are lower than the stock DC rails, but hanving had both in my hands a while back, they were identical.

As for my reason for recommending stock seats...it's about safety. @MorningZ and others will tell you I can get a little crazy with my safety nazi stuff, but having almost died twice in EG/DC chassis, I can honestly say that a factory seat offers the best crash survivablilty short of a fully caged car with a containment seat, HANS, helmet, fire suit, etc.

Good Del Sol seats are getting rare, and recovering them is expensive, but the search is totally worth it IMO.
blandsarcasm and GTey97 like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Makes total sense overall, I mean in one of these it does seem way to excessive to run a proper 'Fixed' bucket or just something like the SRD recaro. I mean maybe if it was a type R or maybe even a GSR I would consider something like that in a more serious sense. But I am just looking for something that would look stock and seat me lower. Plus it seems kind of like a bucket can also be a bad idea in just a trying not to get my car stolen/ pulled over stand point.

Perhaps if I got a little more serious with tuning my integra in the future I might go back to looking for a bucket, but for now it sounds like I am just going to live with it or find del-sol seats and try to figure something out to make them match the tan interor.

Thanks for the responses its really appreacted.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some seats have a rubber membrane under the seat cushion. I removed this from the Prelude seat I used in the mid-engine teg and it dropped my butt about an inch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page