fuel issue after changing pump - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamthepoetry View Post
I have a new p72 ecu chipped with hondata s300 that my tuner pretuned with a basemap to accomodate the bigger pump and injectors until its finished and i take it to get tuned. The injectors are 1.25 ohm high impedence but even before the injectors were changed it was the same issue. It seemed that i wasnt getting fuel through the filter before i changed the injectors and filter today but there was fuel in the rail. Is it possible the new pump is pumping too much fuel?
No, it's not possible to be pumping too much fuel. The amount of fuel entering the engine has not changed just because you upgraded your fuel pump. The allowed amount of fuel is controlled by the ECU, and tuning. The pump just provides the additional fuel to the injectors. Think of the injectors as the "gateway" to the motor, which is controlled by the ECU, and the tuning.

Anything else changed? Still running on the stock MAP sensor? I'm leaning towards your tuner leaving out a possible parameter causing the motor to not start. Is it possible to download your base tune and send it to me, if I provide you with my email address?

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i will see if he can send it to me, i dont have a file of it. i could see the map sensor being an issue, IF it was only doing it with the new ecu but my old stock p72 ecu was fine before this and now both ecus are doing the same thing, i am getting a small 'hiccup' while trying to start the car, im gonna adjust the timing by small increments on the dizzy and see if it changes anything today.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
i will see if he can send it to me, i dont have a file of it. i could see the map sensor being an issue, IF it was only doing it with the new ecu but my old stock p72 ecu was fine before this and now both ecus are doing the same thing, i am getting a small 'hiccup' while trying to start the car, im gonna adjust the timing by small increments on the dizzy and see if it changes anything today.
You have an S300? All you have to do is download SManager from Hondata's website, install it onto a PC/Laptop, connect it to the S300, and download your tune file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

well right now im at work so cant do it now, but also its doing the same thing with the stock ecu with no tune so im not thinking its the tune, i've switched back to stock everything and am still getting no start unless we spray starting fluid into the intake manifold, but the injectors are spraying and the plugs are firing.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
well right now im at work so cant do it now, but also its doing the same thing with the stock ecu with no tune so im not thinking its the tune, i've switched back to stock everything and am still getting no start unless we spray starting fluid into the intake manifold, but the injectors are spraying and the plugs are firing.
If I can suggest one thing when posting, it's giving us as much detail as possible and what you've done to diagnose already. You hadn't stated this in your previous posts. Keeps us from running in a circle to try and help you.

The internal combustion engine requires 3 things to operate.

1. Compression
2. Ignition
3. Fuel

Assuming your compression is OK (it was running before)...

1. How do you know the sparks are firing? What steps have you taken to come to this conclusion?

2. How do you know the injectors are "spraying fuel"? Again, what did you do to come to this conclusion?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Alright so update. Checked timing. Timings good. If i spray gasoline into the intake manifold directly it runs. I switched back to stock everything with the original parts that were all working before i changed the pump. Still doing it. Spent 90 bucks on a new fpr that is oem honda part...still doing it. I know the plugs are firing because i sprayed gas in the manifold and it ran. It wouldnt do that if plugs werent firing. And i cant see how 2 sets of injectors and 2 ecus in every combination would all cease to work. Especially when the stock ones were working fine up until i changed the pump...ive checked all the fuses too nada. .. Im seriously lost
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 08:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Alright so update. Checked timing. Timings good. If i spray gasoline into the intake manifold directly it runs. I switched back to stock everything with the original parts that were all working before i changed the pump. Still doing it. Spent 90 bucks on a new fpr that is oem honda part...still doing it. I know the plugs are firing because i sprayed gas in the manifold and it ran. It wouldnt do that if plugs werent firing. And i cant see how 2 sets of injectors and 2 ecus in every combination would all cease to work. Especially when the stock ones were working fine up until i changed the pump...ive checked all the fuses too nada. .. Im seriously lost
Have you pulled the fuel line off the fuel rail to see if you're getting fuel to the injectors?
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Yeah ive pulled the rail completely off fuel is flowing through it fine. Could the crankshaft position sensor be the issue. I would imagine the plugs wouldnt fire if that was it but im at a loss as to what else the issue could be
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Also when i changed the fuel pump i stalled the car to relieve pressure in the system. I read someone else had this problem and someone mentioned a safety cut off sensor. Is there a sensor that might be cutting off the injectors? If so anyway to do basically a system reset besides pulling the ecu fuse?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:56 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Also when i changed the fuel pump i stalled the car to relieve pressure in the system. I read someone else had this problem and someone mentioned a safety cut off sensor. Is there a sensor that might be cutting off the injectors? If so anyway to do basically a system reset besides pulling the ecu fuse?
Flooring the gas while trying to start the car should shut off the fuel to the motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page