need recommendation:) - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need recommendation:)

Hey guys, I'm about to buy an aftermarket exhaust manifold for my 97 LS because my current one is cracked and I don't want to get it welded or salvage a used one. This is not for turbo, what are some good brands to look for? I'm planning on eventually upgrading my exhaust to a 2.5" with double pass muffler. Any advice welcome, Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Item number on eBay. Throw it in the ebay search box.

It's a $265 copy of a $800 header. 1320 build quality is much better than other eBay sellers.

same seller also has other great b series headers for a great price.

Last edited by dhabell; 10-06-2015 at 07:01 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabell View Post

Item number on eBay. Throw it in the ebay search box.

It's a $265 copy of a $800 header. 1320 build quality is much better than other eBay sellers.

same seller also has other great b series headers for a great price.
Thoughts on this one?? http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-111617472...b16-b18-14.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_seth View Post
I have had both of these headers. I have an LS and the second one was much better according to my butt dyno in the mid range rpms where you spend most of the time. however the first one has much better ground clearance if you are lowered.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I've never had that one but I think it is designed for the Integra Type R and GSR. I think I did my homework and remember reading it is much better suited if you are looking for gains in the higher RPM's.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have had both of these headers. I have an LS and the second one was much better according to my butt dyno in the mid range rpms where you spend most of the time. however the first one has much better ground clearance if you are lowered.
Thanks!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I've never had that one but I think it is designed for the Integra Type R and GSR. I think I did my homework and remember reading it is much better suited if you are looking for gains in the higher RPM's.
But it would still be compatible with LS?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:06 PM

Yes but it would probably suck.

no more freebies from me. It is actually a lot easier to use the search box rather than starting a thread every time you have a question. good luck

Last edited by dhabell; 10-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes but it would probably suck.

no more freebies from me. It is actually a lot easier to use the search box rather than starting a thread every time you have a question. good luck
I know what you mean bro .If you have followed my threads than you'll know I know that and when answering questions I usually just link articles. But if anyone can locate an article with relevant information on brands that would be much appreciated. Beyond those in the exhaust section of the articles section. I appreciate you're help though, thanks!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:35 PM

he told you to search, you said you understood and then immediately asked for others to search for you

fcking hilarious man.
So you can't find info in the exhaust section? Well, there's this really cool site called google that you should check out. Yes, I know it means leaving the safety of ti but don't worry, the articles out there don't bite and we're not going anywhere.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geis View Post
he told you to search, you said you understood and then immediately asked for others to search for you

fcking hilarious man.
So you can't find info in the exhaust section? Well, there's this really cool site called google that you should check out. Yes, I know it means leaving the safety of ti but don't worry, the articles out there don't bite and we're not going anywhere.
Yes. I understand. But, this time I could not find the relevant information. Bruh. I made it clear I had searched. I know how to, and do search TI for help without ever having to post. it's awesome how much is out there. And yes I'm actually also googling. However, the majority of info on a Google search will obviously not be as reliable or specific as it relates to our cars specifically because it doesn't come from a Integra centered community and likely hasn't been refined by a large number of knowledgeable people. So chill guys. It's not like I'm over here saying: "I want to get lots of power maybe turbo what should I do??" It's not something we seem to already have a good thread on.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geis View Post

fcking hilarious man.
That coming from a guy whose first thread was "maxing out HP" wondering if you could get 300 hp NA 😂 I'd think you'd go a little easier on newer members.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Yes. I understand. But, this time I could not find the relevant information. Bruh. I made it clear I had searched. I know how to, and do search TI for help without ever having to post. it's awesome how much is out there. And yes I'm actually also googling. However, the majority of info on a Google search will obviously not be as reliable or specific as it relates to our cars specifically because it doesn't come from a Integra centered community and likely hasn't been refined by a large number of knowledgeable people. So chill guys. It's not like I'm over here saying: "I want to get lots of power maybe turbo what should I do??" It's not something we seem to already have a good thread on.
I'm just saying, it's a bit ridiculous to say that you understand and then to immediately ask in the same sentence for others to search for you, regardless of what you could/couldn't find. Also, I'm here to tell you that unless someone with the info/personal experience on this just happens to stumble upon it, there's no way anybody is going to be doing any research to find out more about these headers...if it was perhaps another topic maybe, but something like this it's really up to you take what you can and (as my old football coach used to always say/grunt) figure it out

Quote:
That coming from a guy whose first thread was "maxing out HP" wondering if you could get 300 hp NA 😂 I'd think you'd go a little easier on newer members.
lmao!
I mean, it's pretty sad that you went through the trouble of searching my profile just to find that to use against me or whatever, but I got a good laugh from it so you're alright. ;D
Yeah, 2+ years ago first time here I made a pretty stupid post; in hindsight however 300hp at the crank (which is what I was referring to at the time) is *basically* possible all motor (well, just about) and some of the shit the other members were saying in that thread was beyond ridiculous. Not to mention I wasn't asking for people to help me build it or anything, it was more of conceptual knowledge that I was looking for. Even then I knew better than to go asking questions about making a build like that without researching how to first.

Anyways, I think you'll be just fine here - no more contradicting yourself like that though : p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page