Best fitting dash kit for single din radios? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By MorningZ
  • 1 Post By MorningZ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2015, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best fitting dash kit for single din radios?

Dident find a specific thread with this listed, was thinking about it and ive asked a few friends but they cant remember which one they used. Is there one that is really easy to install yet looks really good when done? (i know most need modifying and tinkering to actually fit) Im stuck between these two on what would fit/look better:

> 830 Radio Mounting Stereo Install Trim Installation Single Double DIN Dash Kit | eBay

> 828 Radio Mounting Stereo Install Trim Installation Single DIN Dash Kit w Pocket | eBay

Bought a sochse kit or w/e from walmart and it was complete garbage, came with a pocket but told me i couldnt use the pocket in the instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
There isn't really a difference in the install for any of the major brands (Metra or Scosche), stick with one of those two WITH THE EXCEPTION of buying them at stores like WalMart, as they sell the low quality "fits many many cars" (well supposed to anyways) version

This Scosche kit is solid:
HA1563B | by Scosche

This is the Metra version:
Metra Part # 99-7892 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online

The key with both: follow the damned directions! There are tabs that need to be broken off and tabs that need to stay for it to snap in properly
bcnotebook3 likes this.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
There isn't really a difference in the install for any of the major brands (Metra or Scosche), stick with one of those two WITH THE EXCEPTION of buying them at stores like WalMart, as they sell the low quality "fits many many cars" (well supposed to anyways) version

This Scosche kit is solid:
HA1563B | by Scosche

This is the Metra version:
Metra Part # 99-7892 | Honda Accord Dash kit | Metra Online

The key with both: follow the damned directions! There are tabs that need to be broken off and tabs that need to stay for it to snap in properly

Thank you (: I had another quick question...are there suppose to be any original brackets for them to actually go on...I bought my car as a shell and haven't really been worried about the radio parts as much until recently. Ill post a picture of how it looks in a moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Old 09-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcnotebook3 View Post
Thank you (: I had another quick question...are there suppose to be any original brackets for them to actually go on...I bought my car as a shell and haven't really been worried about the radio parts as much until recently. Ill post a picture of how it looks in a moment.
No, the OEM radio mounts completely different than an aftermarket
bcnotebook3 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in