New Member Help With Tune Up - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 07:03 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandtanteg View Post
I replaced the Mtf with acura mtf I'm pretty sure its the same exact thing as honda mtf. Does any1 else use acura mtf? And the only other fluid i didn't replace is coolant which I'll get to. I broke all the bolts loose and drained the mtf fluid then tightened them. I left the fill plug open ran a tube in there to a funnel and filled it up until it started to drip then tightened it. I made sure the car was pretty level. I drove around the neighborhood and it shifted fine. After I tightened the bolts I checked to see if there were leaks there were none. One thing I noticed is after my coolant fans came on twice I believe my idle went up a little because I put new spark plugs in yesterday and cleaned iacv. Hopefully it did the idle relearn and it's idling pretty smooth now so I hope it stays like that. I haven't checked inside the distributor but I will do when I get oem spark plug wires it was around 72$ at the dealership. Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciate it
Are you 17? Not that its a bad thing. Something isn't right though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No I'm not 17 is there something wrong with my typing? I'm using a phone so it's more difficult to type.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelhunter View Post
Are you 17? Not that its a bad thing. Something isn't right though.
Hey bro easy I'm 17 but ya. And like don't forget the search button @blackandtanteg . Almost everything you could possibly need is a click away. Especially basic maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_seth View Post
Hey bro easy I'm 17 but ya. And like don't forget the search button @blackandtanteg . Almost everything you could possibly need is a click away. Especially basic maintenance.
But I read your post and it made sense. lol This site has been around for over a decade. Search whatever or use the article section. Sounds to me he thought he could check his MTF like he could check his ATF. No stick to read. Then telling me my link is wrong is retarded.

Sorry for the rant.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Yea I've been trying to re word my searches and that helps. I'm just doing the most maintenance I can when I'm off from school. Tomarrow I pick up my fuel filter from acura and install it on thursday. I still have alot of other things to go through around this forum such as appearance etc.. All those nice tabs.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 08:25 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tune up: plugs and wires, dizzy cap, flush all fluids, yes, alll fluids, clutch, brake, coolant, powersteering, and oil change. Honda/acura mtf is what you use. Belts, air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, fuel injector cleaner. Not to sound rude, more straightforward answers would come from a haynes repair manual. Has a whole section for tune up and step by step instructions with pictures. Good luck.
labelhunter and biker_seth like this.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 PM

No cabin filter in a gen 3. Just saying so we don't have 3 long posts about it.
Kingkau likes this.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 07:17 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by labelhunter View Post
No cabin filter in a gen 3. Just saying so we don't have 3 long posts about it.
I know, i was just saying what i go over in a tune up for usrd cars i buy haha, i should have clearified. Cabin filter is more of a personal accommodation knowing your not breathing in someones cat hair from the 90's.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Just changed the fuel filter couple of days ago with an oem one from acura. The oem one doesn't fit as well as the original; there is some movement when playing with it. Its kind of odd plus this new one is more shiny. When changing the original fuel filter the bottom bolt was on really tight. I tried using a regular 14mm wrench and spraying pb blaster but it wouldn't budge. Then I used vise grips while holding the top bolt and it cracked loose. The nut is a little stripped now. After all of that I put the new fuel filter on. Retightened everything and checked for leaks, there were none. So my next step is to change the spark plug wires, distributer cap, rotor, and gasket. I will purchase the parts from acura. I've been researching and I've seen a diy post here about going on with changing it also that the rotor screw can be on really tight. Then when people get that bolt off they end up having to saw the rotor off because it's rusted on or dirt has built up. So I've read to use a drill bit to take the screw off or a goob philips screwdriver, but hopefully I don't have to use a Dremel to take off that rotor that won't budge. Anyways I'll only know once I get it off. Also I've heard of people frying the ignition coil while cranking the car over with the distributer cap off. I'll have it on and just crank and check to see if I get it where I want it. One question I have is do I need to adjust the timing if I'm only taking off the cap and rotor. I've seen that people only adjust it when removing the whole distributer. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page