CA 62K-Mile 1994 Acura Integra GS-R - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
62K-Mile 1994 Acura Integra GS-R

holy moses! looks showroom fresh!!!

This 1994 Acura Integra GS-R shows 61,650 miles and has remained in Southern California since new. Said to have been kept stock throughout, this example is powered by a 1.8L B18C1 VTEC inline-four paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. Included receipts indicate a timing belt replacement in September 2015, a new clutch master and slave cylinder in July 2016, and the installation of new BF Goodrich tires in December 2017. This GS-R passed a California Smog test last year and is now being offered by the selling dealer with maintenance records, clean Carfax and Autocheck reports, and a clean California title.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-acura-integra-6/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:00 PM

How much do you think my red '99 GSR coupe with 54k miles could sell for? I am the original owner and no accidents - clean Carfax.

I am now 51 years old and I am thinking of parting with my beloved GSR. I have 4 cars now including a 335i that I am modifying, and the Integra is not being driven much. It's still my favorite car and the best handling car I have driven in all my years of owning sporty/sports cars, even better than a stock Miata and stock S2K due to proper suspension mods and LSD installed.

The paint is fading badly on it though, but I plan on painting it since I think it will increase the resale value considerably (no?).

It has Quaife LSD and basic bolt ons like AEM CAI, Koni Yellows with Ground Control coilover kit, 22mm rear sway bar, tie bars, DC Sports 4-1 Type-R header and 2.5" Type-1R stainless exhaust from Japan with Type-1R resonated straight pipe. Engine is all stock and strong, and with the 7.9lb flywheel it revs and accelerates quickly. It dyno'd at 160whp and 118 lb.ft of torque at the wheels. The car is not "flashy" and not lowered much, about 1". The car looks stock except for the wider exhaust tip. The upper control arms are Ingalls (rear) and Skunk II (front) both camber adjustable with poly bushings, but you can't even tell they are urethane. No harshness or vibrations. I have installed all new OEM rubber Lower Control arm bushings for a nice comfy ride, but it still handles much better than stock. Also polyurethane motor mount inserts keep it planted and minimize movement and wheel spin, and with the Quaife it puts all the power down without compromise. No vibrations either.

I know this many thousands of $ in mods don't mean much when it comes to resale value, but it really makes the car more fun to drive and way more enjoyable than stock. The motor has never been touched. When I drive my friend's stock '98 GSR it feels like a Civic with a lot of miles on it. Nothing special, because it has worn stock shocks, and stock worn out suspension/bushings, etc., and feels slow almost like a regular Civic (with 110k mi.). The ride in my GSR feels like stock or better and more solid like my brother's '98 Type-R, or better. Ride is comfortable because I swapped the 7" long springs with 8" long ones, and only have 400F/450R (lbs). Also the Neuspeed Konis are valved differently than regular Koni Yellows to handle higher spring rates and lowered cars. I tried different suspensions and settled on this more conservative set up that provides great street driveability and yet way better than stock in all aspects, with much quicker steering and better turn-in and traction. The lighter flywheel makes it feel like a Type-R shifting quicker and getting in the power band quicker, like it has shorter gearing now (again feels a lot like a Type-R).
The exhaust has a very deep throaty pleasing sound (doesn't sound like a lawn mower or most Civics around here) and is the best exhaust (expensive but worth it) that you can put on an Integra and Type-R. There is no better exhaust. J's Racing used to use these exhausts in their Integras in '06 when I got mine and waited 6+ months to get them from Japan. There was still a long waiting list for them after I got mine and they sold out. Power & acceleration was immediately noticeable.

Anyway, what can I ask for the car with and without a new paint job and is it worth paying $1,500 to have it painted? The interior is in very good condition and AC and everything works. I am thinking of replacing some of the weather stripping too as it's not looking good in some spots.

Thank you,
Harry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:51 PM

Hey there Harry,

I'm also an original owner of a GS-R in California that came here looking for market pricing on low mileage examples. If you're still around please let us know what you priced it at, ended up doing with the car and if you'd recommend anything different.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in