NY: 1997 Integra GS-R (Long Island) - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1997 Integra GS-R (Long Island)

I am selling my 1997 Acura Integra GS-R.

The car has a bit over 114k miles, all original. This car was purchased from New Jersey, where it was garage kept for most of its life. This car is in great condition inside and out. Interior is in EXCELLENT condition, all leather is rip free. The car is in 100% all original factory condition. The engine is trouble free, and the transmission is as well. No issues shifting.. smooth as can be.I have all maintenance records from the previous owner, as well as any maintenance I have done. I just had the timing belt and water pump replaced, so you are good to go for a long time. This car was cared for meticulously by me, so I will not be letting it go to low ball offers.

The only known issues are as follows:

Driver side window seems to have a switch issue. It will sometimes get stuck closed because the switch seems to be engaging the auto-close feature. It clears up when the car gets shut down.

Sunroof glass rim has rust. This is an $80 part on ebay that can be replaced easily. It is just the removable glass piece... not the actual car body.

ABS light goes on in the dash after a few minutes. I confirmed with my mechanic that its just a bad sensor. It does not effect inspection or anything else... I never bothered fixing it.

I am asking $5500

IMAGE GALLERY: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...zE3X1ZWUDExX2c
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_105457.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	76370   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_105445.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	76378   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_105434.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	76386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_105423.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	76394  

Last edited by darkslash; 09-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 12:31 AM

You have a lovely car. The price isn't bad for a vehicle with full service records. Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 08:02 PM

Car looks great, very interested. Any records and what's the rust situation like on the rear arches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIGTM View Post
Car looks great, very interested. Any records and what's the rust situation like on the rear arches?
I have many records, but also many gaps in years. It seems like the first owner kept everything, but the 2nd owner kept none. I bought it from a private dealer who only owned it for a short time but didnt drive it. Im officially the 4th owner but only the 3rd to use the car. The original records are all from Acura dealerships, so I think the guys took good care of it. The interior is really pristine.. best Ive ever seen to be honest. To give you an idea of how meticulous the first owner was... I still have the original window sticker from the dealership, as well as all of the sales papers.

As far as wheel wells. When I bought it, one wheel well was perfect while the other had some rust. I got the rust repaired by a local shop that I trust. He had to cut a small piece (maybe 2x2 inches and repaint). Other than that theres no rust In the wells.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 11:19 AM

Does the car have any extras or other known issues? Any pics of the underside/exhaust and if the quarters?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Does the car have any extras or other known issues? Any pics of the underside/exhaust and if the quarters?
No extras. I can provide some underside pics and quarters as well. The known issues are ones I listed.. nothing besides those 3. The driver side window does appear to be getting worse over time though. I am thinking whatever issue is going on with the switch is getting worse as time goes on. Possibly a bad connection is getting worse.. or maybe moisture is somehow increasing in there. Either way its likely going to need to be swapped or fixed if you want the window to go up and down with 100% reliability. Currently I dont use it because Im worried it will get stuck open.. although it never has before.

The car is great mechanically. I didnt find any reliable evidence that Tbelt and water pump were changed so I took the dive and had it done a few months ago. It also had a full tune up at the time (all belts, fluids, plugs, wires, etc). I also put a brand new high power battery a few months after I bought it. I have paperwork for all of this.

EDIT: Just reminded me.. I wanna be totally transparent. I noticed yesterday some squeak in the rear suspension. I think there may be a lubrication issue going on because when the mechanic checked the car all around he said things were healthy. I suspect a bushing needs replacing... because the actual suspension feels good to me.. springs feel good when driving. Just wanted to add that in

Last edited by darkslash; 09-08-2017 at 05:53 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

I added engine pics to the google drive link.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslash View Post
I added engine pics to the google drive link.
Looks good. Is there a little damage on the passenger rear wheel well or is that reflection?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Looks good. Is there a little damage on the passenger rear wheel well or is that reflection?
No theres no rust or damage..
Its a bad reflection.

EDIT:

Sorry, I as wrong. Thats an old picture. I removed it from the album. That was a rust spot that I had fully repaired a while ago. I will upload the most recent quarter pics today. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited by darkslash; 09-11-2017 at 12:04 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

*sold*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page