LS to Type R Swap help - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LS to Type R Swap help

Hey whats up guys my friend has a question, about this swap and i was wondering if we can get some options on here of what you guys think,

ok so my friend is stuck between swapping a LS to a Type R B18C OBD2, or Swapping the LS to a K20A.

now we know the K20A will Be alot more pricey, but its worth it and has its own benefits compared to the type R.

what we are trying to do is get his teg to at least 250Hp with maybe 100 shot of Nitrous if we go with the type R, if we do go with the type R we already have a skunk 2 intake manifold, Hondata s300 and PLM-HB18-V2-Headers.

For The K20a we have like nothing for that but would be getting a full swap kit and motor and trans, ect

With the type R swap we know we have to change everything from OBD1 to OBD2 and we are a little confused on that and whats needs to be changed for the wiring.

so what do you guys think we should go for or would be a better way to go, money is on a budget just to get a k20a in the car, so one of the swaps are very do-able any response would be greatly appreciated, the integra everything is getting swapped in to is a 95 4dr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:41 AM
JDR

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
some times people get stuck on hp numbers and not anything else are yopu going to have 250 hp with stock suspention stock fuel pump stock clutch stock ecu stock brakes well you get the point now dont get me wrong 250 hp is nice when in a all motor set up but if you are pushing 250 in a k20 i dont think it would be a good daily now if it is a straight track car k20 all the way but some times simple is more
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 AM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
B18C Spec R will not get you close to 250hp. You would have to bore it, up the compression ratio, etc. If you are stuck on 250hp all motor, I would go with the K swap for sure. If you are willing to consider FI then either setup would be fine. What's the car going to be used for?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page