Team Integra Forums banner

Teg found over a year later *pics*

12K views 75 replies 50 participants last post by  IshbOO 
#1 ·
This thread was started with a glimmer of hope. Now that we know the outcome, please use this as an example of how important MULTIPLE layers of security are.

So my 96 ls got stolen in August of 2009. After about 3 months of waiting I gave up. At 5:15pm tonight I got a call from the Riverside County Sheriff saying they found my car!

Before the theft:

So she is gone. I am no longer an Integra owner, not even by law. I paid the towing fee and signed it over.

The Aftermath:

So beyond that I owed the towing company $415 for the "extraction" from the creek it was buried in.

priley909 on Nov/18/10 said:
I want to thank everyone for your condolences. I spent the better part of the day pissed of at the fact I had to pay a towing company to transport a heap of scrap metal, but now it is just sad to look at. I poured blood, sweat, and tears into that car and now it is almost unrecognizable.

To answer a recurring question:

1. I am not buying another teg anytime soon, due to the fact I have a 5 month old, I am going to school, and my wife is the only one working at the moment. I WILL be buying a teg one our funds are in order. I have wanted to drive an integra since I was about nine or so.

I am still a teg owner at heart and will be till I die.

See less See more
#3 ·
glad they found the car man, at least you will get something back :) heres to hoping the shell is in good shape, hell who knows maybe an idiot was driving it and youll get a drivetrain in it too?

#5 ·
mutt8588 on Nov/17/10 said:
glad they found the car man, at least you will get something back :) heres to hoping the shell is in good shape, hell who knows maybe an idiot was driving it and youll get a drivetrain in it too?

Well what I'm thinking is since it has been a year someone was an idiot and has been driving it, but who knows

Quote: sebTeggy on Nov/17/10 holy **** really dude? well thats definitely worth something man! its ur teg calling back to you. have u got a new car or teg in the meantime?
Ya my wife and I had a baby so we bought a 96 accord lx sedan, but im starting school in December and need a second car. So this might be it.

#11 ·
i95dc2 on Nov/17/10 said:
This is awesome it be great if it was in better shape than wen you had it. JDM front, Rims, etc...lol.
Hah okay. talk about pipe dream, although amazing if it actually happened. I am definately curious to how they found it. Back alley on blocks, or traffic stop with some idiot.
If its an idiot, then plus +250835y0495809723 cause to get a traffic violation the car has to be moving. atleast last time i checked lol
Anyways, congrats man. Its nice to see some Integras returning to their rightful owners recently.

#12 ·
johnnymass on Nov/18/10 said:
Quote: i95dc2 on Nov/17/10This is awesome it be great if it was in better shape than wen you had it. JDM front, Rims, etc...lol.

Hah okay. talk about pipe dream, although amazing if it actually happened. I am definately curious to how they found it. Back alley on blocks, or traffic stop with some idiot.
If its an idiot, then plus +250835y0495809723 cause to get a traffic violation the car has to be moving. atleast last time i checked lol
Anyways, congrats man. Its nice to see some Integras returning to their rightful owners recently.
that is accually possible, no lie. a buddy of mine got his jeep stolen from washington and six months later it was found in cali, i guess the thievs stole it from him then sold it down in cali, and the new owner hooked that **** up, lifted, offroad lights ect.... so it is very possible your car had another owner after it was stolen, but again i dont want to get your hopes up good luck

#16 ·
Crad008 on Nov/18/10 said:
what happens with insurance in this situation?
if you reported it stolen did they cash you out or anything?
would they come back for the money since it was found?
I havent heard of this situation before.
Thats crazy a year later I hope its in one piece too!
well if he had insurance (don't know why anyone wouldn't) and it was stolen aka a total loss; i believe the insurance takes possession of it but you get the option of buying it back and its usually for like $500 with a salvage title.

could be wrong tho that's just my guess

#17 ·
Well right before she got stolen I was in a pinch for cash and had my insurance backed off to state minimum. I still hold the title to the car. I didn't get a pay out but I don't have to by it back. I am going to call in 30 minutes to find out the status of the car and were I can go to look at it.

#18 ·
damn pat, that's crazy! i can't wait to see what kind of condition it's in! did you get any details about how/where they found it? Where's it being stored?

johnnymass on Nov/18/10 said:
Quote: i95dc2 on Nov/17/10This is awesome it be great if it was in better shape than wen you had it. JDM front, Rims, etc...lol.

keep in mind, it could have been stripped and left somewhere and they just now found it and ran the vin...

#19 ·
Well no news on condition yet. It is at a tow yard in Hemet. All I'm hoping for is that the shell is straight enough for a future track build, but **** if it still has a drive train I'll be counting my blessings for the next year. (not to mention CANYoN CARVING lol)

#20 ·
So I just got off the phone with the towing company. They couldn't give me much information, but they did say that if I am going to transfer i am going to need a flatbed. This is what I expected. I'm going to take a drive out there in a few hours to see if it is worth the tow. If the shell is straight and there is no serous rust or holes I am going to tow it back to the house for storage.

#22 ·
Damn Bro!! im very excited for you. get us some pictures soon.

i had my 99si stolen a few years back and all i got was the shell, no doors no nothing everything that could be taken off was taken including the drivetrain so i left it at the yard but now i kind of regret it but then again if it wasn't for that i would not have my Teg so in a messed up way it kind of works out...Karma will get those guys back

anywaist good luck and post pictures up soon...

#23 ·
tlangy on Nov/18/10 said:
If you want to take my brother's DA for the motor/drivetrain to get your car running, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks Travis! I will give you a call in the next couple days, after I take a evaluation of the situation.

Quote: jilramirez on Nov/18/10 Damn Bro!! im very excited for you. get us some pictures soon.

i had my 99si stolen a few years back and all i got was the shell, no doors no nothing everything that could be taken off was taken including the drivetrain so i left it at the yard but now i kind of regret it but then again if it wasn't for that i would not have my Teg so in a messed up way it kind of works out...Karma will get those guys back

anywaist good luck and post pictures up soon...
Ya I am all about karma. I will try to have pics up today but it might not be till this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.