best way 2 remove door dings - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

in my tegs 9 year life span, shes accumulated numerous door dings, the largest of which is the size of a nickel and was curteously left for me on my passenger side door friday at school. i hope the asshole who did it drops dead, but thats beside the point...does anyone know a way 2 remove of these pesky dents?
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

there are dent removers u can buy. my friend tried it on his car. i watched him do it n it worked pretty good. bad thing is that once it did leave another dent f where the suction cup was on it.
94acurateg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

lol what an oxymoron
TeggyTime96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

do 2 dents make a right. jk

The only real way to do it to sand, bondo, prime and paint. In in the middle of doing my entire car now. only cause I am doing it all myself. It is to expensive to pay someone to do it right. MACO is a joke. I say do it right the first time.

Sig by Skwatoe (The Sigmaster)
TegG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2005, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Model: Currently '05 Corolla XRS
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TegG2 on Sep/27/05

The only real way to do it to sand, bondo, prime and paint.

That is incredibly not true. That would be like getting stitches for a paper cut. Paintless dent removal exists for a reason. Do a search on 'ding king' here. Say what you want about 'as seen on TV' products, but the Ding King is using the exact same principle that $300 tools the professionals use. I have never had a dent come out too far where it left anything but a perfect finish. As with all things, knowing what you are doing goes a long way. Dent removal isn't too tough, but some dents are trickier than others and will require a pro. If the dent is in a body line or something then you likely won't get it out very well on your own. Dents typically cost $50 or $60 bucks to get pulled unless you can find a hook up or they give you a deal to remove all the dents in your car. If you have just one then they'll charge you a pretty penny.

Another way to get dents pulled is to go to the dealership and ask if they have anyone who does that. Some dealerships will have a PDR guy come around once a month to take care of the trade ins. Find out when he is there and the dealership might be able to get you a deal. It's worth a shot. Don't go wasting a ton of money when you can get them fixed or fix them yourself for about a zillion dollars less.
Jngrbrdman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Where can you get this "Ding King" stuff anyways??
tegvolta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Have personally tried ding king myself (as well as bro). Dont waste your money, IMHO.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 02:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX on Oct/04/05
Have personally tried ding king myself (as well as bro). Dont waste your money, IMHO.
Why not. My old friends Celica looked like it was driven through a quarry...while detonating...and came back lookin smoother than my ass when done.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I think it depends heavily on the type of dents. I bought ding king as well and it helped some dents, and didn't "put a dent in"(pun intended) others.
Ryan
Old 10-04-2005, 03:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 68 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ls on Oct/03/05
Quote: RalliartRsX on Oct/04/05Have personally tried ding king myself (as well as bro). Dont waste your money, IMHO.

Why not. My old friends Celica looked like it was driven through a quarry...while detonating...and came back lookin smoother than my ass when done.

hahaha that just got me laughing
mystikalstriker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Model: Currently '05 Corolla XRS
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Just because you weren't able to get something to work doesn't mean that it doesn't work for other people. You may have been trying to use it on dents that weren't able to be pulled with it. You might have just not been using it right. Lots of things could have gone wrong. I've used it on a dozen cars and have had different degrees of success. I know that it did exactly what I needed it to do on my Integra. Same story for my Accord. And if it adds any credit to what I and others have said about it, then you should know that my brother has also used it and he says it works too.

You can get the Ding King at Target or WalMart or any other store like that. AutoZone and PepBoys might carry it too. It's not hard to find. It is exactly the same principle that the professionals use. Don't believe me? $379 for this one. That is the exact principle of this tool for $19.95. Trust me on this. I know more about car care than just how to polish out swirls. I've been learning touch up work and paintless dent removal for a few years now. Just because someone can't get it to work doesn't mean it is crap. I would recommend this tool to anybody who wants to remove a few dents. It won't work on every dent, but it will work on some.
Jngrbrdman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

has anyone ever used a slide hammer to remove dents? obviously i mean before a full repaint...im thinking of trying all of the prep work myself to save a great deal on the paintwork..but i KNOW that my ding king wont work on alot of the small, vagina shaped dents i have, lol
Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Model: Integra GSR
Year: 1994
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTegIt on Oct/04/05
has anyone ever used a slide hammer to remove dents? obviously i mean before a full repaint...im thinking of trying all of the prep work myself to save a great deal on the paintwork..but i KNOW that my ding king wont work on alot of the small, vagina shaped dents i have, lol
Yes, but i wouldn't recommend one for dings... If you need to use one you've probably got more than just a ding.... A nail gun can do a real nice job on pullin stuff out and getting it straight, but like anthony said about the ding king, you have to know how to use the nails to pull a dent out. Your best bet on small dings is to get a pick and push them outward from behind, thats how i fixed almost all the major dings on my car (the rest sanded out) Its much less of a hassle and easier on those small dings. Keep in mind, with any of these methods you will need some body filler or glaze to go over... Getting a ding perfectly straight with metalworking alone can take a while, especially in some areas of the car, not to mention the bullseye picks and whatnot you'll need.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

find a local paintless dent remover, they charge anywhere from 30-50 a dent, and it is worth it, they take off the inner panels and remove most small dents to perfection.

I wouldnt do it any other way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List