Team Integra Forums banner

First build need some help

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jdm b20b 
#1 ·
Okay, so I've been toying around with Hondas and Acuras for a little over 4 years now and kinda got a hang of things. Over the last 2 years I've been slowly getting everything I want for my build..

I've Replaced the suspension, lowered it 3", Incomplete wire tuck, and replace the transmission...but now need to do everything else.. I just don't know where to start.

But my First issue is...

I've fixed up the suspension still needs some work but when I put my rack and Pinion in I not have this metal hiting metal sounds only when I accelerate even if it's just barely tapping the gas. Balljoints, control arms and Cv axles are good on both sides. And everything seems tight but I can't seem to figure this out...

What I have in my car is the jsdm b20.. Which I want to do the vtec conversion, i have a p28 chipped ecu which I will have tuned eventally.. I want to build the motor for boost but I have a ton of questions and don't know where to start. ..

I have a b16 head, itb, 450 injectors, b16 fuel rail, abs delete kit, air bag delete kit, act stage 2 clutch kit, and a 2 step msd...

I feel like I am headed in the right direction I just need some guidance or advice..

See less See more
#2 ·
I see this is a dated post, but for the sake of it... Have you ever looked at the rack and pinion mount bushings? If it's worn badly enough it is conceivable that it could allow enough movement that the rack will contact the metal "clamp" it mounts in, causing a ting noise... Not likely, but possible. Also, manual racks and power racks have different sized bushings so... If you swapped, might be a consideration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.