Body kits, or no? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Model: LS Non-VTEC DC4
Year: 1998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Body kits, or no?

So I have a 98 Integra LS and I have a few upgrades on it. The only exterior upgrade in the way of design is some 16" rims. I have been debating putting body kits on it and a wing, but that means buying the kits, installing them, and then painting them. I don't have body work experience, so it would be a good chunk of change. So I ask - is it worth it?
Nihongo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihongo View Post
So I have a 98 Integra LS and I have a few upgrades on it. The only exterior upgrade in the way of design is some 16" rims. I have been debating putting body kits on it and a wing, but that means buying the kits, installing them, and then painting them. I don't have body work experience, so it would be a good chunk of change. So I ask - is it worth it?
Body kit = Fail in my book.
Get an itr wing and optional lip kit and u should be good to good.

My running Log
MKZAcura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Model: LS
Year: 00
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

There are several threads on this already. Every post on this is going to be an individual opinion such as mine. I think that if a body kit (the larger ones) is done right it looks good on our cars. I however prefer something simpler such as the optional kit which is what I have on my car. To paint the kit I went to paintscratch.com and purchased paint that matched my car. I painted and installed the kit myself and to be honest you can't really tell and difference between the kit and the paint on the car. If I get time I will take pictures and post them.

CerealKilla05's DC4
CerealKilla05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I personally wouldnt go with a body kit. Everyone ive ever talked to w/ body kits say that they are a huge pain in the ass. Fitment is total crap and breaks too easy. Now if your the type of person that is good at driving lowered vehicles then you probably wouldnt destroy your kit... but ive yet to see someone that doesnt have at least a small crack on their front bumper.

The choice is yours though, its your money, its your final decision. If thats what you like then go for it. Either way it'd still look great if done correctly.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Model: Boosted LS
Year: 99
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

It's your car and if you think it'll look good I say go for it. Your asking on a forum that is kind of bias against kits. No harm intended by my saying. Trust me I get it all the time with my kit. But at the end of the day if it makes you happy it doesn't matter.

Forgot to mention:
Team Integra= optional kit or no kit but slammed. That pretty sums it up. O forgot JDM conversion or UKDM.

Me save the money for a type r conversion. There's plenty for sale and by the time you saved up money for paint and kit it'll come almost to same amount. But the coversion will always be drooled on. My 2 cents.
Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Model: Integra
Year: inLA
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Bodykits are a pain in the ass all the way around, i did mine right on my accord..and after a short period of time the bumpers started just falling apart, literally. and not from hitting stuff.

They look good IF DONE RIGHT..but not worth it the trouble imo.
'95 200sx SE-R - Sold
'96 Accord - Sold
'92 Prelude Si - Crash and burned
DC4GoFast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Like previously posted, body kits tend to not hold up well over time. The ones that do hold up were not cheap to install and paint. Most economical body kits available are made of thin, cheap, fiberglass. The fiberglass flexes as you hit bumps and potholes and whatnot, and the paint then flakes off as the fiberglass flexes, and ultimately cracks and breaks.

Body kits also tend to lessen the resale value of a vehicle. They are also, in my opinion, a fad that has passed it's prime.

If you were to do anything, go with a front lip and ITR (real or replica) side skirts and rear bumper accents. They do not affect the integrity of the front or rear bumper and will hold up better over time. It adds the custom look to the teg without the over-the-top look of a fiberglass body kit.

And stay away from parkbench-style rear spoilers. They look ridiculous and scream "poser" when mounted on anything other than a track car, but especially ridiculous on obviously DD-basically-stock vehicles.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

No.
abqjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Model: GSR
Year: 1998

This is a compeltely subjective question. If you find a kit that you like, I suggest you get it. If you do not like the look of kits on your car, then I suggest you do not get one. Style is style, and it will only match the personality of the driver. Don't let other opinions sway or defer you, do what you want and be happy. I suggest looking at a lot of pictures to get a feel for what is out there and what options you have if you want to change the appearance of your Teg, so that you will be better educated before making a decision. There are tons of options, but most people will tell you to leave it OEM.
gsrteg98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default my thoughts

yes get a custom kit that is one half inch from the ground on each side so you can scrape on every bump your car takes and you will not be able to make it off or on any sidewalk ramp ect and then add tripple level spoiler for massive downforce or get two type r spoilers bolt one type r spoiler to the front of your hood and one on the trunk if one is good two must be better. just kiddin but you should do what you want, built not brought, make it original

ps i would want to see the two type r spoilers in action although i was joking about it.
50psiboostintegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Model: GSR w/ JDM ITR swap
Year: 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqjohnny View Post
No.
TypeRTeg669 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List