inspection - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

if you remove a rear windhsield wiper will that fail ?
ACURAintegra98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

no not at all because not all models had them.. besides its not standard equipment on all vehicles... like seatbelts and headlights and stuff like that... you will be just fine!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Model: GSR-T
Year: 2000
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Here is a list of the PA inspection policies:

PA Inspection Laws

With some more researching, I have found that it "could" be failed due to a missing rear wiper. From what I've heard, if it came with it from the factory, it has to be there and operate. If it never came from the factory, it doesn't have work. It more or less would be up to the inspection mechanic who is performing the inspection. In other words, some would pass it regardless, some might be a little anal.

438whp/303wtq @ 19psi - 93 Octane
- Synapse Turbo

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Check out my build thread. From stock to turbo

jjkz24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Feedback Score: -1 reviews

If its there it has to work. if you removed it completely then you are good to go. Its just like you're windsheild wiper fluid tank. has to work if you have it at all!!
LSVTEC_JDMITR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

Model: Honda Accord CD5
Year: 1997
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

^^^Eh...not really. You can't delete your washer tank on any car. Everyone had one from the factory, you can't delete that.

Rear wipers yeah, you get away with that. Inspection techs don't know Integras up and down.

I'm deleting my rear wiper (via CF hatch and FAL window, I couldn't run a rear wiper if I wanted to w/this setup), no 3rd brake light, and UKDM tails which there are no side markers and clear turn signals.

This is really pushing the limits of state inspection, the only reason I would even attempt this is the fact that I work at a inspection station.

1997 Honda Accord EX : Apexi WS2.....DD
TEGGSRB18C1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSVTEC_JDMITR on May/27/07
If its there it has to work.

wrong, it does NOT need to work.
4drSpankR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drSpankR on May/28/07
Quote: LSVTEC_JDMITR on May/27/07If its there it has to work.

bs. if it's there it has to work. Look at the requirements. If you not 100% sure, don't post. Nobody likes incorrect information.

3) Check the windshield wiper system and reject if any of the following apply:

(i)The wipers do not operate as specified by the manufacture, or 45 cycles per minute if not specified

In other words, the ENTIRE WIPER SYSTEM has to work as specified by the manufacture. Acura specified that integra's have a rear wiper, except of course for the Type R, because it did not come with a rear wiper (97-98) as specified by the manufacture.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 on May/28/07
Quote: [i]4drSpankR on May/28/07Quote: LSVTEC_JDMITR on May/27/07If its there it has to work.

bs. if it's there it has to work. Look at the requirements. If you not 100% sure, don't post. Nobody likes incorrect information.

(i)The wipers do not operate as specified by the manufacture, or 45 cycles per minute if not specified

In other words, the ENTIRE WIPER SYSTEM has to work as specified by the manufacture. Acura specified that integra's have a rear wiper, except of course for the Type R, because it did not come with a rear wiper (97-98) as specified by the manufacture.
If I wasn't 100% sure then I wouldn't have posted. If I didn't have my inspection license and haven't been inspecting cars for years, then I wouldn't have posted.

so with going with your infomation regarding Integra's and rear wipers, then I guess my DB8 would fail state inspection because it doesn't have a rear wiper and according to Acuras' specs ALL Integra's have them, besides the Type R.

I would suggest learning about the topic before you try and teach others about something you obviously did NOT research besides what you read on the internet. Dude, don't believe everything you read online.

(and I still stand by my first statement in my first post)
Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drSpankR on May/28/07
Quote: [i]jjkz24 on May/28/07Quote: [i]4drSpankR on May/28/07Quote: LSVTEC_JDMITR on May/27/07If its there it has to work.

If I wasn't 100% sure then I wouldn't have posted. If I didn't have my inspection license and haven't been inspecting cars for years, then I wouldn't have posted.

so with going with your infomation regarding Integra's and rear wipers, then I guess my DB8 would fail state inspection because it doesn't have a rear wiper and according to Acuras' specs ALL Integra's have them, besides the Type R.

I would suggest learning about the topic before you try and teach others about something you obviously did NOT research besides what you read on the internet. Dude, don't believe everything you read online.

You're absolutely right....my bad.

PennDot has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Maybe they need to revoke my state inspection license as well for calling them out on it.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 on May/28/07
Quote: [i]4drSpankR on May/28/07Quote: [i]jjkz24 on May/28/07Quote: [i]4drSpankR on May/28/07Quote: LSVTEC_JDMITR on May/27/07If its there it has to work.

You're absolutely right....my bad.

PennDot has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Maybe they need to revoke my state inspection license as well for calling them out on it.

Dude I'm going to try and keep this "adult" and I don't want to argue on opinions and "point-of-views". I think a lot of it comes down to the actual Inspector. My boss would pass certain cars that I would not, and vice-versa.

It's hard to get techincal on certain subjects (ie rear wipers) because the law is actually flawed when it comes to the nitty gritty, I mean would you fail every car that came in for not having a rear wiper???......but I do see what you're saying about "if it's there it has to work" and that's correct in MANY instances.

How many times have you questioned the integrity of tires, pads and rotors on an inspection??? It all comes down to your name going on the vehicle and making sure it's safe for another year.

I would pass a car for having a non-working rear wiper and to me there are many, many more safety things you should be worrying about.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

I completely agree with you. That's exactly what I said on the 1st page of this post.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Model: Honda Accord CD5
Year: 1997
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Whoa...battle of the state inspectors....lets get it on!!

J/K, you guys both know there is alot of grey area in the PA inspection handbook. For instance, some inspectors fail clear corners where others will let them go as long as amber bulbs are in the housings.

Alot of custom shit depends on the inspector and what kind of mood thier in that particular day.

Me being a service advisor not an inspector alot of my techs will vary on what they will and won't let slide. Most of my techs live by the previous statement of "if it's there it has to work" (once again, unless its a integral part of the vehicle).

The only shit I really see people getting popped for is illegal exhaust modifications (ie: test pipes), lighting, and brakes (this is up to the inspection station, we will not turn drilled/slotted rotors, they tear up our lathe bits) so if you have a bad pulsation under braking and the rotors can't be turned, you fail.

Oh yeah Honda rust too, if you have a bad rust hole in your quarter panel (which alot of older tegs do) fix it before you get there.
TEGGSRB18C1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGGSRB18C1 on May/28/07
Whoa...battle of the state inspectors....lets get it on!!

J/K, you guys both know there is alot of grey area in the PA inspection handbook. For instance, some inspectors fail clear corners where others will let them go as long as amber bulbs are in the housings.

Alot of custom shit depends on the inspector and what kind of mood thier in that particular day.

Me being a service advisor not an inspector alot of my techs will vary on what they will and won't let slide. Most of my techs live by the previous statement of "if it's there it has to work" (once again, unless its a integral part of the vehicle).

The only shit I really see people getting popped for is illegal exhaust modifications (ie: test pipes), lighting, and brakes (this is up to the inspection station, we will not turn drilled/slotted rotors, they tear up our lathe bits) so if you have a bad pulsation under braking and the rotors can't be turned, you fail.

Oh yeah Honda rust too, if you have a bad rust hole in your quarter panel (which alot of older tegs do) fix it before you get there.

yeah man, that's why I hate getting Hondas'/Acuras' to inspect because most of them are riced out, and have gay little lights everywhere.

you're right, most of the time it is brakes, lights, tires and basic bolt-on mods. like them little gay PCV breather valves....says FAIL allllll over it.

sometimes it's really hard being an inspector because there's so much little crap that's borderline and you don't know whether to pass or fail.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #28 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

If its there it has to work. Its what i learned when I got my inspection license. Ex, fog lights, if they are there they must work. even if they are walmart specials. And im pretty sure the inspection book says that also.
2001Teg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.