1997 Wheel Bearing - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1997 Wheel Bearing

So the wheel bearing in my 97 Integra decided to call it quits. I went to my Honda dealer and ordered a new one, but to my surprise its going to be $160! Now my question is, do they sell hub assemblies with the bearing already installed? Because for that I can Justify spending that much.
But if its just the bearing they are totally hosing me and I will definitely not spend that much, when I can buy them online for under $100.

I'm hoping for it to be a hun assembly with a bearing already pressed in.. If not that means I have to take my hub back to school with me, just so I can use our hydraulic press. And unfortunately my university is about 200 kilometers from home which is where my teg rests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 PM

I got my wheel bearing replaced recently. I bought it from rock auto for like $35. All I did was take the spindle out and take it to my local pepboys and had them press out the old bearing and press the new one in. I think they charged me like $40, but way better than fighting with a slide hammer for hours.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 PM

i have an extra set of boneyard knuckles so i can just drop one off with a new bearing at the local shop. seeing one on ebay for $70 w/free ship. the timken bearing for $40 or so is a good choice. ntn and skf also good. avoid made in china bearings at all costs!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:13 PM

I went with the timken bearing. Made in Japan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page