Are these GSR Blades/Swirlies repairable? - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Wheels look good for what you paid for them. One of my low budget spring projects is to polish mine also.

The key to polishing is to not rush it. The more time you spend with each grit, and the more time you spend with the compound, the better your results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

13 Ford Explorer (Wifes)
02 HD V-Rod (latest toy)
95 Acura Integra GSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found a great article by someone on here where they polished some LS Webs. I'm thinking about painting he inside of the rims gunmetal/charcoal to give it that pop.

When sanding do you want to have linear strokes or small circles? I've got to imagine there's a method to the madness!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 07:27 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TechNine9 View Post
Found a great article by someone on here where they polished some LS Webs. I'm thinking about painting he inside of the rims gunmetal/charcoal to give it that pop.

When sanding do you want to have linear strokes or small circles? I've got to imagine there's a method to the madness!
I would say linear as much as you can, so you can see the cross hatches fade themselves as you sand (will make sense when you get to it). There will be areas where this really isn't feasible, so do the best you can (think the lips of the rims), and spend a few extra minutes on these areas. I ran into the same on my HAsport motor mounts, I've got a before / after somewhere mid-way through my build thread, and the mounts came out with a mirror-like finish.

Circular patterns work, but its hard to tell when you've done enough of the next-up grit.

As far as painting the inside, I'm planning on the same, either a gloss black, or a really dark grey.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:53 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
awesome find man

Integras > *.cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page