Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric - TheGSRGuy
Toyo R1R - dbkid
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 - adam_seven
Yokohama S. Drive - tlangy
Yokohama S. Drive - SouthernIntegra
Yokohama S. Drive - Big_Mac88

Competition/DOT
Nitto NT-01 - sgtmillhouse648

It has occurred to me that we do not have one of these which is much needed. This is open for all tires from your plain jane walmart econo all season to your blizzaks to your V710 slicks. The only term is that it must be written in the following format. Posts failing to conform to this will be removed promptly.

Any questions about the individual measurements etc. of tires can be answered by reading these articles:

Wiki article on tires

TI Tire Size Calculator

Tire Rack Tire Tech

Format is as follows:
Quote: CoNEV8R
If you're not sure of this information, TireRack.com should have most of it available, or the tire manufacturers website. If you cannot find a certain piece of information, leave it blank. Copy and Paste the following and fill in the blanks.

Within your post:

Brand and Model of Tire:
Size of Tire:
Class of Tire: (i.e. Extreme Performance Summer, Snow, All Season, etc)
Treadwear Rating:
Traction Rating:
Speed Rating:
Max Load:
Max Pressure:
Pressure You Run:
Tread Depth (in):
Tire Weight:
Rim Size you use:
Section Width:
Tread Width:
Country of Origin:
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect and 1 being abysmal, the following characteristics of the tire being reviewed.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?:
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance:
Wet Traction:
Dry:
Cornering Stability:
Dry Traction:
Steering Response:
Snow:
Light Snow Traction:
Deep Snow Traction:
Ice Traction:
Comfort:
Ride Comfort:
Noise Comfort:
Treadwear:

Additional Thoughts:

Please post, in your own words any additional thoughts or opinions you have about the tires you are reviewing.

Thank you.

2001 Honda S2000 - SCCA Solo B Stock
- FailinConcepts Racing
"One of the great things in motor racing is concentration. When I want to go faster I don't drive any faster, I just concentrate harder." - Jim Clark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I'll start things off with my review of my Falken Ziex 912's

Falken Ziex ZE-912

Size of Tire: Tested in 205/60/15
Class of Tire: High performance all season
Treadwear Rating: 480 as tested
Traction Rating: A
Speed Rating: H
Max Load: 1356
Max Pressure: 52psi
Pressure You Run: 48psi
Tread Depth (in): 10/32
Tire Weight: 20.2
Rim Size you use: 15x6.5
Section Width: 8.1
Tread Width: 6.7
Country of Origin: Japan
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect and 1 being abysmal, the following characteristics of the tire being reviewed.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 8
Wet Traction:7
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 6
Dry Traction: 7
Steering Response: 6
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 4
Deep Snow Traction: 6
Ice Traction: 5
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 9 (yay 5" sidewall )
Noise Comfort: 8 (better than the 512)
Treadwear: 8

Additional Thoughts:

These tires are glue compared to the old kelly chargers I went to the dragon on. For a good year round tire these are hard to beat. I have not had a chance to autox on them, but screwing around in parking lots etc. I have been most impressed with them so far for all seasons. The one thing that does reach out and grab you by the balls with these tires would be just the shear wet grip that they have. Falken have really tried to make a tire stick damn well in the wet as it does in the dry and these do just that. I remember spinning through 4th gear in boost and now I can hook the top end of 2nd and all of 3rd without thinking twice about it @48psi. With the 205/60 I did have to raise the car up about a half inch and beat down the pinch weld in the top of the fender as well as roll the rears. with the +35 offset it did occasionally rub the rear bumper mount in back on the quarter, but in the fronts it is centered.

As for driving in the winter, they're still a heluva lot better than any summer tire and most all seasons I've had. They really don't like just a dusting, but when there's a nice hard pack or 2-3" on the ground they claw right through it. My only wish is that they would be a tad sticker in the snow, but then again, that's what plow trucks are for

When they are pushed in the dry I've found that they are a pretty quiet tire, so don't expect any cues that they are going to cut loose audibly, but they are very intuitive and telling feelwise, even through the OE PS and a set of gloves. Their recovery from grip though I was definitely impressed with as by damn when they lost grip they wanted it back damn fast. Just wheel spin is easy to catch, but understeer is incredibly easy to catch back up on as well, even with the amount of sidewall flex.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Yokohama S-Drive

Size of Tire: 195/55/15
Class of Tire: High Performance Summer
Treadwear Rating: 300
Traction Rating: AAA
Speed Rating: A
Max Load: 1135
Max Pressure: 51 psi
Pressure You Run: 36-38
Tread Depth (in): 10/32"
Tire Weight: 19lbs.
Rim Size you use: 15x7 +42 offset
Section Width: 8"
Tread Width: 7"
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 10 (I'm on my 2nd set)
Wet: 7
Hydroplane Resistance: 7
Wet Traction: 7
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 9
Dry Traction: 8
Steering Response: 9
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: n/a
Deep Snow Traction: n/a
Ice Traction: n/a
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 7
Noise Comfort: 7
Treadwear: 6

Additional Thoughts:

I couldnt be happier. sure they cost a lot (got the 50k mile warranty and the road hazard insurance) but you get what you pay for. these tires (after just 100 miles) are sticky, smooth and super super fun. the grip very very well around the corners, stop and go very well, and they are generally quiet and smooth on the freeway.

even when i got a little over-zealous in the canyon and the back end came out, the tires responded well with no skid and the stiffness of the sidewall almost seemed to lessen my body roll but that could have just been the vastly improved handling.

They heated up well and stayed warm well also. They look is agressive but not so much so it will raise eyebrows. If you are thinking about these as daily driver/canyon tires like i was, DO IT. After several heat cycles (I rail on them once a week in the canyons) they do seem to wear pretty quickly but the warranty will help with pro-rating a new set in due time.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yokohama S-drive

Size of Tire: Tested in 195/50/15
Class of Tire: High performance summer
Treadwear Rating: 300 as tested
Speed Rating: V
Max Load: 1047
Max Pressure: 51psi
Pressure You Run: 35psi
Tire Weight: 19
Rim Size you use: 15x7
Section Width: 7.8
Tread Width: 7
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: ?
Wet Traction:?
Dry:9
Cornering Stability: 7
Steering Response: 7
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: ?
Deep Snow Traction: ?
Ice Traction: ?
Comfort:
Noise Comfort: 8
Treadwear: ?

Additional Thoughts:
I haven't had the tires for very long (thus the reason for the ? marks), but from my experience so far I am very pleased. These tires are quiet and comfortable, yet they offer a more grip than the tires I've experienced before. And depending on how they hold up, I'll definitely be purchasing them again! Also, in most reviews I've read from others they are great and last long. I would def recommend them for summer wheels!

"A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not this day."
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NITTO NEO GEN
Class of Tire: High Performance Summer
Manufacturer Part NumberN185-000
Max Pressure: 45psi
Size205/40R16
Speed RatingV
O.D.22.44
Section Width8.35
Load Rating1074@50
Side Wall StyleBLK

Your Review:

General:
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 5
Dry:
Dry Traction: 10
Steering Response: 9
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 4
Deep Snow Traction: 0
Ice Traction: 0
Comfort:
Treadwear: 9

Additional Thoughts:
I like the way the tires look and feel overall. The tire seems to have that slick look to them but the tread keeps the car on the ground with no problem. Driving in the rain is just as fun as driving on dry roads. I love this tire.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 12:39 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hankook Ventus HR-II

Size of Tire: 205-50R15
Class of Tire: High Performance All Season (not to be confused with competition)
Treadwear Rating: 340 as tested
Traction Rating:AA
Speed Rating: H
Max Load: 1668
Max Pressure: 44
Pressure You Run: 32 In Front, 34 in Rear (on average)
Tread Depth (in): 10
Tire Weight:unknown
Rim Size you use: 15
Section Width: 8.3
Tread Width:6.7
Country of Origin: Korea
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes, they can be a little pricey, but worth every penny.
Wet:
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 8
Dry Traction: 9
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: ???
Deep Snow Traction: ???
Ice Traction: 5 (but what tire has perfect traction in ice?)
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 8
Treadwear: 8

Additional Thoughts:

I have had these tires for about a year, and I have put them through some abuse. They performed well at the Dragon Run, and that event allowed me to really test their ability. They seem to perform at their optimum capacity under weight stress, such as hard turning. The noise level is average, and the comfort is excellent for an all season performance tire. I used to have a set of Kumho Esctas, and the tread life on them was horrible. The Ventus HRII's that I own have been through a lot of abuse and highway driving, and they still have a lot of tread life left over. The average price per tire on the HRII's ranges from $95 to $130. Its a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. These perform very well for high performance and daily driving comfort. Wet weather is no problem for them as well. They lose a little traction in wet weather though, which is why I have them a 7 for wet traction instead of 8. The difference is not huge, however.

In conclusion, this is a very well balanced tire for high performance all season capability. If I had to give them an overall rating, taking everything into account, I would say a solid 8/10.
PeteTheCarFreak likes this.

My Running Log

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16(NIV)
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 AM

Malh, this thread is GENIUS.

BFG gForce KDW2

Size of Tire: 205-50R15
Class of Tire: Ultra High Performance Summer (not to be confused with competition)
Treadwear Rating: 200 as tested
Traction Rating:AA
Speed Rating: Y
Max Load: 1000
Max Pressure: 50
Pressure You Run: 33 In Front, 35 in Rear (for DD)
Tire Weight:About 18-lbs
Rim Size you use: 15
Section Width: ?
Tread Width:7.6
Country of Origin:?
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes, and probably will
Wet:
Wet Traction: 8
Dry:
Dry Traction: 9
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 6
Deep Snow Traction: 4
Ice Traction: ?
Comfort:
Noise Comfort: 6

Additional Thoughts:

A lot of people complain about lots of road noise, but personally I didn't notice anything more than the factory Michelins. The tread wear was GREAT, ran them aggressively for 30k through at least a dozen autocrosses and they still have about half tread left. They had very predictable limit handling, but seemed to give up before I did...
Overall, a good tire for summer weather / occasional racing.
PeteTheCarFreak likes this.

I like learning. Don't you? My JRSC build log
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hopefully someone who is able to better gauge how well a tire performs will be able to write a more in-depth review, but I'll start this one off (looks to Chandler).

Toyo Proxes 4

Size of Tire: 195/50R15
Class of Tire: Ultra-High Performance All-Season, M&S
Traction Rating: AAA
Speed Rating: 86V
Max Load: 1168
Max Pressure: 50
Pressure You Run: 35, will double check and edit if necessary
Tire Weight: 16.5lbs
Rim Size you use: 15x6" (whatever GS-R Blades are)
Section Width: ?
Tread Width: ?
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 8
Dry:
Steering Response: 10
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 8
Deep Snow Traction: 7
Ice Traction: 4
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 9
Treadwear: ?

Additional Thoughts: Had these tires for about 3000 miles now, they've been through every kind of weather you can have in IL and indeed the entire country pretty much; dry, damp, wet, light snow, deep snow, and even a bit of hidden thin ice. This tire has performed admirably in all kinds of weather, and I'd buy a second set if I had to.

In the dry they're perfect. I get all the traction I want, when I want it. I've taken turns as sharp or hard as I dare, and not once have I gotten a retort from them. Granted I don't drive my car as hard as I could probably, but there you go.

In the wet, there have been mixed reviews from many. I've found them to perform very well, and haven't had any problems stopping or turning.

In the snow is where they really impressed me. These tires have gotten me through the rough Illinois winters we have here with almost no problems whatsoever. Light snow gives me no trouble; I actually find myself having fun when I drive with them in light snow, and they provide me with able traction whether I take the turn slow, or if I have to have the e-brake assist me.

Deep snow is a little tougher, but considering the cars we drive, they perform well. The only time I've had problems was twice when it was my fault for stopping too late to take a turn, to which the tires responded to the best of their ability. In both situations, the tires were able to either stop me in time after adjusting my course a bit, or provide me with the traction to follow through the turn with an e-brake maneuver.

The only area where these tires might fall short is ice. I came across a road covered in a hidden thin sheet of ice, causing my stopping distance to increase quite a lot. However, I'm pretty sure almost any tire save for full-on winter tires would struggle in this area.

Ride comfort has never really been a problem for me, and considering our cars ride on a double-wishbone suspension (save for RSX's), they perform without any problems, despite the many potholes and manhole covers I come across.

"The Value of Life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply Stirred." - Soichiro Honda
[CONEV8R] 10:52 pm: blowjob gasket
[CONEV8R] 10:53 pm: err.... i mean, head gasket
Kaelorr: "It is, to this day, the only Honda I've ever seen roll coal."
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

*** Removed by user at Jun 8 2010 11:12AM (Server Time) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLaughsALot on Mar/10/10
Someone seriously needs to fix the rating scale of these. There is NO WAY an All season tire is a 10 for dry traction and steering response.

Unless someone moderates this, the thread is almost entirely pointless. The personal reviews are great, but the rating scale needs a LOT of help.

I'm going to have to agree with this. We need to set up some sort of standard for the ratings. I'll moderate, but lets get some sort of scale first. Most of thie tires up to the proxes4 are rated fairly well, maybe the future posters will look at these tires and companies (like tire rack etc.) comparisons to compare with and rate accordingly.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Yokohama S.Drive
Size of Tire: 205/50/15
Class of Tire: UHP
Traction Rating: 7.33/10 dry; 7/10 (Tire Rack)
Max Load: 1168 lbs
Max Pressure: 51 PSI
Pressure You Run: 40.5 warm up front, 32 warm rear
Tire Weight: 21 lbs
Rim Size you use: 15x7 +38
Section Width: 8.4"
Tread Width: 7.4"
Country of Origin: USA
Image of the Tread:

Review:

8/10 - This rating takes class into consideration. Obviously this tire doesn't have near the chops of an AD08, RE-11, A048, Hoosier, etc.

General: The best UHP money can buy. From a touge/track driver's perspective: They are very fast for what they are - when driven properly. These tires will show you EVERY mistake you make in a corner, yet are extremely forgiving. Their predictability is great and they're nicely progressive. Their downfall comes in maximum grip and wet grip. There are street tires with more grip than these (in higher classes) such as the AD08 or RE-11. For the price and class though, the S.Drive really can't be matched. Every canyon carver and/or beginning track driver should have these on their car.

Would you buy this tire again?:YES
Wet: 7/10
Wet Traction:7/10
Hydroplane Resistance: 5-7/10 - if you run a lot of camber they won't like freeway water
Dry: 8/10
Dry Traction: 8/10
Cornering Stability: 8/10
Steering Response: 9/10
Snow: NA - not meant for snow/ice
Light Snow Traction: NA
Deep Snow Traction: NA
Ice Traction: NA
Comfort: 7.75/10
Ride Comfort: 8/10
Noise Comfort:7.5/10
Treadwear: 7/10

Additional Thoughts:

See: 'General'

1997 GSR - I'll be buried in her.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Ami

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Nitto Neo Gen
Class of Tire: All Season
Manufacturer Part Number: NIT-185290
Max Pressure: 45psi
Size: 205/50/15
Speed Rating: V
O.D.: 23.07
Section Width: 8.39"
Load Rating: 1279lb@50psi
Side Wall Style: black

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes. I did buy another pair for another 'Teg since the above picture.
Wet:
Wet Traction: 8
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 8
Steering Response: 8
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 7
Deep Snow Traction: 5
Ice Traction: 4
Comfort:

Additional Thoughts:

First of all, I live in the Washington, D.C. area and drive on crap roads at stock height in stock cars. That applies to both the reviews crammed into this review. We have four mild seasons - summer's not too hot and winter's not too cold. I have had two 205/50/15 sets of these tires, one on my G1 and one on my white GS-R. I drove with my first set on the G1 from November '07 to September '08. This car had no ABS so having good tires was very important and the tires always worked with me, even in hail and sleet. They probably saw 90% city and 10% highway driving. That set of Neo Gen doesn't show too much wear. I'm about to put them on my Wagovan because the tires have a lot of life left in them.

I have had my second set since just a few days after I got the white car last June, and they have been great so far. I knew I needed new tires when I got that car last summer and I didn't even have to think twice about what tires to get. Don't get me wrong here, they certainly aren't dedicated summer tires but I'm older and calmer and mainly use the car as a chill city car. Before our big blizzard, we had one nice weekend storm and I had to drive home from school before they had salted, sanded or plowed. The white car got me home safely and kept me planted better than a lot of the other cars on the road. We had a lot of rain today as well and I drove through some huge puddles. These tires are predictable in all conditions and they really work with me to move the car exactly how I want. They probably see like 75% city, 25% highway driving. I've only put about 6000 miles on this second set but have been really happy with my sets of Neo Gen and would definitely recommend them to someone else in a similar climate who wants tires that you can rock all year.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 11:33 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Might as well throw the my tires in:

Brand and Model of Tire: Toyo R1R's
Size of Tire: 225/45R15
Class of Tire: (i.e. Extreme Performance Summer, Snow, All Season, etc): Extreme Summer/ Auto-x special
Treadwear Rating: 140
Traction Rating: AA
Speed Rating: 87W
Max Load: 1201lbs at 51PSI
Max Pressure: 51PSI
Pressure You Run: 36F/36R
Tread Depth (in): N/A
Tire Weight: 19lbs
Rim Size you use: 15x8
Section Width: 9.25 contact patch measured on 15x8 at 36PSI
Tread Width: Same as above
Image of the Tread:

Your Review: I'd have to say that these are hands down the best trackday tire that I've had on my car. Beats out the RT615, Rs-3, Re011 handily. I've run all four tires and this tire gives the best feed back and consistency under hard breaking, turn in, and exit traction. My telemetry should the rs-3 allowing 1.1g's before feeling any break away mid corner but, we recorded 1.3 to 1.4 with the R1R's. So, they do hold some extra mid corner grip. Keep in mind we could only obtain 205's for the other tires.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 10
Wet: 10
Hydroplane Resistance: 9
Wet Traction: 9
Dry: 10
Cornering Stability: 10
Steering Response: Between my suspension and the tires= 10
Snow: N/A
Light Snow Traction: N/A
Deep Snow Traction: N/A
Ice Traction: N/A
Comfort: 6 Def not a luxury tire lol
Ride Comfort: 6
Noise Comfort: 9 they are not loud except when you get to the edge of grip.
Treadwear: 140
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 AM

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: BF GoodRich G-Force Sport
Class of Tire: ultra high performance summer
Treadwear Rating: 340
Traction Rating: AA
Max Load: 1168@44 psi
Max Pressure: 44psi
Pressure You Run: F-35psi R-38-40psi
Tire Weight: 21 lbs.
Rim Size you use: 15x 7.5"
Section Width: 8.4"
Tread Width: n/a
Country of Origin: thailand
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: yes, this is my 3rd set
Wet:
Dry:
Cornering Stability:
Dry Traction:8
Steering Response:9
Snow:
Light Snow Traction:4
Deep Snow Traction:n/a
Ice Traction:n/a
Comfort:
Ride Comfort:8
Noise Comfort:8
Treadwear:8

Additional Thoughts:

I love these tires, i need some new tires, im gonna try something else out, but if not i will be getting my 4th set of these
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Class of Tire: Ultra High Performance Summer
Speed Rating: A
Max Load: 1168
Max Pressure: 51 psi
Pressure You Run: 40-38
Tire Weight: 21lbs.
Rim Size you use: 15x7 +42 offset
Section Width: 8.3"
Tread Width: 7.2"
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 6
Wet: n/a
Hydroplane Resistance: n/a
Wet Traction: n/a
Dry:
Dry Traction: 7
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: n/a
Deep Snow Traction: n/a
Ice Traction: n/a
Comfort:
Treadwear: n/a

Additional Thoughts:

These are my cheap replacements for the Yokohama S.Drives. I have had two sets of 195/55 s.drives and really enjoyed them as far as performance goes but they were just too expensive this time around. While I like the DZ101's they definitely reduce my confidence going in to and exiting corners. With upgraded brake pads, rotors and lines, I felt very hesitant to fully brake before a corner, or to hit the same acceleration out of the same corners. on some of the exact same corners I'd pinned the s.drives going 70-80, I felt a lot of tire flex and couldn't exit comfortably at more than say 60-65. Also, where I'd never skidded the s.drives under braking, I felt some increased understeer with these tires and some slipping under heavy braking before the hairpins. These are great tires for the price, but if you spend $100-$150 more you'll be much happier with performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page