Tread Depth (in): 10/32
Tire Weight: 22 lbs.
Rim Size you use: 15
Section Width: 7.9"
Tread Width: N/A
Country of Origin: USA
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect and 1 being abysmal, the following characteristics of the tire being reviewed.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 8
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 9
Wet Traction: 10
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 8
Dry Traction: 10
Steering Response: 8
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 9
Deep Snow Traction: N/A
Ice Traction: N/A
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 7.5
Noise Comfort: 8
Treadwear: 7

Additional Thoughts:
I bought these tires six months ago and have since put 10,000 miles on them. I bought them to replace the dangerously worn Nexen N2000s that were on the car when I bought it three years ago.

I had narrowed my search down to the Eagle GT and Kumho Ecsta ASX. I picked the Eagle GT, though, because of its superior dry handling and wet traction. I live on the coast, so the latter was especially important. As of yet, I have not been let down. I have a bit of a, shall we say, spirited driving style. These tires hold to curves on two-lane country roads in the wet or the dry. As per other reviews (such as on tirerack.com), turn-in does feel a bit late.

They are not the quietest tires in the world, I must admit. But when you replace tires that are nearing the steel belts, anything is an improvement. They are more comfortable than other reviews have said, imho. My driving pretty much covers the gambut. I drive on city streets, country roads, highways, the interstate, and even on a dirt road upon occasion and I get but the slightest of vibrations and noise. The noise varies depending on the quality of roads, though.

All-in-all, I'm quite pleased with them. The Eagle GT is a good all-season tire for a DD. Based on my present experience, it's very likely that I will buy them again when these tires wear out. Plus, they come with a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty from Goodyear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Yokohama Parada Spec 2's
Size of Tire: 205/45/16
Class of Tire: Extreme Performance Summer
Treadwear Rating: 300
Traction Rating: AA
Speed Rating: 83V
Max Load: 1074lbs
Max Pressure: 44psi
Pressure You Run: 32psi
Tread Depth (in):
Tire Weight:
Rim Size you use: 16/7
Section Width: 45
Tread Width: 205
Country of Origin:
Image of the Tread:

Your Review: I love them
no problems yet
already on my second set. The tread wear is poor in my opinion but very sticky so far. No track time yet but dont think imma buy them a third time. Balancing is great but road noise is very POOR. holy crap its like i have mud terrain tires on there if i dont stay on top of balancing.

Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect and 1 being abysmal, the following characteristics of the tire being reviewed.

General: 8
Would you buy this tire again?: Already have
Wet: 7
Hydroplane Resistance: 6
Wet Traction: 7
Dry: 9
Dry Traction: 9
Steering Response: 9
Snow: 7
Light Snow Traction: 7
Deep Snow Traction: ?
Ice Traction: ?
Comfort: 7
Ride Comfort: 9
Noise Comfort: 5
Treadwear: 5

Additional Thoughts: I am aware of the stickyness of the tire but the tear wear on this certain one is quick.
a definite must try though. I love them but definately need something with a higher tread wear and less agressive tread styling for my current use. But the treat pattern is freakin SICK! got many complements on my tires... lol
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just realized that my review of the RE-11s never made it here....silly Millhouse!

Brand and Model of Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Size of Tire: 205/50R15
Treadwear Rating: 180
Traction Rating: A
Heat Rating: A
Speed Rating: V (149mph)
Max Load: 1168lbs
Max Pressure: 51psi
Pressure You Run:
Street: 35f/33r
AutoX: Cold 38F/37R - Warm: 42F/42R (thanks to my driving style)
Tread Depth (in): 9/32"
Tire Weight: 21lbs
Rim Size you use: 15x7"
Section Width: 8.4"
Tread Width: 7.6"
Country of Origin: Japan
Image of the Tread:

Note: My driving style varies depending on conditions. I drive fairly tamely on the street, but I AutoCross the car at least twice a month during the Spring/Summer/Fall months, so my tires do see a LOT of use at the limit.

Your Review:

For the most part, these ratings are for greater than 5/32" tread remaining.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 9
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 6
Wet Traction: 8
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 9.5
Dry Traction: 9.9
Steering Response: 9.5
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 1
Deep Snow Traction: n/a
Ice Traction: n/a
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 7
Noise Comfort: 6

Additional Thoughts:

These tires are not meant to last a long time. The treadwear rating is 180, which means they will typically last about 20,000 miles with average use. If you autocross or do track days with them, the expected life will of course be less. I personally used about half of the tires in the 2009 season doing autocrosses and driving them on the street. I also drove the tires to the TI Dragon Run and did a couple of Enduros on them. All in all, I put about 12,000 street miles, 60 typical autocross runs, 5x 5 minute enduro autocross runs and a test & tune day of autocrossing on them, and they've still got half the tread left. I'd say they wear pretty darn well for an Extreme Performance tire.

As far as grip and traction levels go, they are unsurpassed by anything I've ever driven on, and that includes the old school Kumho Victoracer R-Compound tires. These Bridgestones grip HARD. I am easily able to sustain 0.90 lateral G in a skidpad test with these tires and I have stock springs/shocks with a Type-R rear sway bar.

If you're looking for a tire to run during the summer months only, since they just plain don't work in very cold weather or snow, and are looking for a tire that will not compromise, this is the tire to get.

Follow-Up: 5/29/2010

I have now run these tires for one and a half autocross seasons, have put an additional 6,000 miles and have a total of about 120 autocross runs on them, including an all-day Evolution Performance Driving school Autocross School where I had 30 AutoX runs on a single, rather cold 44 degree day, so the tires cooled very quickly and heat cycled rapidly.

I am currently sitting at 2/32" tread (at the wear bars) in the rear and 1/32" tread in the front (below the wear bars). I am going to re-rate the pertinent factors at this tread level.

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: (If cost were not a consideration?) 9
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: (at 1-2/32" tread): 2.5
Wet Traction: (with no standing water, just wet pavement): 7
Wet Traction: (with standing water, or flowing water): 5
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 8.9
Dry Traction: 9.1
Steering Response: 9.1
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: n/a
Comfort:
Ride Comfort: 6
Noise Comfort: 4 (these have gotten LOUD since they got heat cycled out)
Treadwear: 7 (still stands, because I'm very happy that I was able to get ~18,000 miles + ~120 autocross runs out of these, compounded with all of the hot-weather distance driving I've done.)

All in all, I'd have to say these tires held up very very well considering the abuse I've put them through. They're ready for replacement, and if they were the same price they were two months ago, I would buy another set in a heartbeat. Unfortunately for me, my finances are tight, and the price has risen nearly $25/tire in the last two months, and that's $100 I can't really spare at the moment.

They have fallen off significantly in terms of wet traction, hydroplane resistance and standing water performance, however, with only 1/32" of tread remaining in the front, that's not hard to comprehend as to why. They have also gotten significantly louder as the tread wore down and they went through so many heat cycles.

I'd have to say they're pretty much heat cycled out at this point, but once I get them warmed up again, they still grip well on dry pavement. Cold traction is definitely compromised as well as wet traction at this point in their life, and I will be replacing them soon.

post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 11:20 AM

Articles: 8
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Size of Tire: 245/40R18
Class of Tire: max performance summer
Treadwear Rating: 240
Speed Rating: Y
Max Load: 1609lbs
Max Pressure: 50psi
Pressure You Run: 42/39
Tread Depth (in): 11/32
Tire Weight: 27lbs
Rim Size you use: 18x8
Section Width:
Tread Width:
Country of Origin: Germany
Image of the Tread:

General: 9
Would you buy this tire again?:
Wet: 9
Hydroplane Resistance: 9
Wet Traction: 9
Dry: 8.5
Cornering Stability: 8.5
Dry Traction: 8
Snow: N/A
Light Snow Traction: N/A
Comfort: 8.5
Ride Comfort: 8.5
Noise Comfort: 9
Treadwear:

Additional Thoughts:

I'll start this review with a disclaimer: these are for a 2005 Audi S4, which is a 3900lb V8-powered 4WD sedan. It's pretty far from an Integra/RSX but I think overall this should at least give people some guidance.

Picked this over some of the more wild and expensive tires like the Falken Azenis RT-615K and Yokohama Advan Neova AD08. Although I recreationally autocross and track the car, this is also my only car and it does see its fair share of street driving in downtown Chicago. That means potholes and standing water. I can't exactly be running race tires around here. The F1 Asymmetric seemed to be a good balance between maximizing dry traction and keeping something safe for the heavy summer rain.

I am very pleased with the tire so far. Tire Rack reviewers hailed it for very confident and predictable wet handling, and I agree completely. on the drive home from installation I was caught in a downpour on the freeway. At 70mph, the tire felt quite stable and steady. No nervousness or hints of hydroplaning, even on the 245 width.

The tread design is pretty boring when compared to stuff like the Azenis and KDW2, but who cares. The tread is very meaty with big shoulder blocks for maximizing dry traction and there are very deep (11/32") channels to force water out. The sidewalls are also pretty generic looking -- trademark Goodyear. But again, form follows function.

Dry traction is commendable. Much like the wet traction, it's confident and predictable. Although it doesn't offer the ultimate grip of some of the more "extreme" tires, I think this is more than adequate for a street car. I took some on-ramps at a high click and as the tires started to lose traction, it was very obvious. No scary snap-oversteer or sudden plowng. The traction feels very linear as it falls off.

Comfort and road noise was another strong point according to Tire Rack, and I'll agree again. These absorb the expansion seems and bumps better than the factory Continentals did. Being XL (extra load) tires, the sidewalls are pretty damn stiff. Yet the ride is still controlled and reasonable. Freeway road noise is "acceptable" for a tire this sticky and aggressive. They're not touring tires but certainly don't sound like they're ripping the asphalt apart as you roll along.

I'll be autocrossing on these soon -- will update the review once I've done that.

I paid $190 per tire for this huge size, and there's a $20/tire rebate -- very reasonable and much more afforable than the $258 Yokohamas, especially considering these are 11/32" compared to 9/32".
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Brand and Model of Tire: kumho ecsta asx
Size of Tire: 205/50/16
Class of Tire: ultra high performance all season
Treadwear Rating: 420
Speed Rating: W
Max Load: 1201
Max Pressure: 51 psi
Pressure You Run: 32 psi on all 4 tires
Tread Depth (in): 10/32"
Tire Weight: 20lbs
Rim Size you use: stock 16"
Section Width: 8.4"
Tread Width: n/a
Country of Origin: CN, KR
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 10
Wet: 8
Hydroplane Resistance: 8
Cornering Stability: 8.5
Dry Traction:9
Steering Response:9
Snow:n/a
Light Snow Traction:n/a
Deep Snow Traction:n/a
Ice Traction:n/a
Noise Comfort: 4
Treadwear: 8

Additional Thoughts:

i'm not the best at rating and i dont' drive my car hard but this is my personal opinion. where i live, we don't have snow so i can't fill in for the snow part. i had these on my celica. i know it's not an integra but i had these on my celica and they were damn noisy. I bought a set for my sister's SI and they were damn quiet. maybe they weren't balanced correctly on my celica or maybe it was just my luck???

Brand and Model of Tire: Falken FK-452
Class of Tire: ultra high performance
Max Load: 1201
Max Pressure: 51
Pressure You Run: 32 all around
Tire Weight: 22 lbs
Rim Size you use: stock 16"
Section Width:8.1"
Tread Width: 7.2 (1.32")
Country of Origin: n/a
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 10
Wet: 8
Cornering Stability: 9
Snow:n/a
Light Snow Traction:n/a
Ice Traction:n/a
Comfort: 8
Noise Comfort: 8.5
Treadwear: 6.5

Additional Thoughts:

personally, i think these are really great and sticky tires and are better than the asx and i would recommend them to anyone, but because my celica is stock and is a daily driver, i would never buy these tires again. i think that for my power, the kumho ecsta asx are good enough and sticky enough. these tires do wear a bit fast and when i first got them on, my car fished tailed quite a bit on the highway (dry weather). maybe it was just break in period??? after a couple hundred miles, it wouldn't do that anymore. like i said, overall, i think it's a really awesome tire but if you're just stock or have a few bolt-ons, i think the ecsta asx will do the job. that is my personal opinion

Brand and Model of Tire: nitto neo gen
Class of Tire: ultra high performace
Treadwear Rating: 280
Traction Rating:AA
Speed Rating:VW
Max Load:1356 lbs
Max Pressure: 50 psi
Pressure You Run: 32 all around
Tread Depth (in): 9.7
Tire Weight: n/a
Rim Size you use: stock 16
Section Width:n/a
Tread Width:n/a
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 1
Wet: 5
Hydroplane Resistance: 3
Wet Traction: 4
Dry: 6
Cornering Stability:5
Dry Traction: 5
Steering Response: 7
Snow: n/a
Light Snow Traction: n/a
Comfort: (can't remember)
Ride Comfort: (can't remember)
Noise Comfort: (can't remember)
Treadwear: 6

Additional Thoughts:

i had these on my celica too and i know these are supposed to be some pretty bad ass tires but i had nothing but bad experiences with these. and no, i'm not getting paid to bad mouth these tires. i had bad dry traction and very bad wet traction issues. hell, i thought these were supposed to be better than the asx but when i got them, i was damn disappointed. i got these way before the asx thinking they were better so i can't remember the ride comfort and noise level. i would never buy these again. a lot of people have had good reviews about these tires so don't think these are bad tires. i just had one bad experience. to each their own.

Leng Lee
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nitto NT-01

Brand and Model of Tire: Nitto NT-01
Size of Tire: 205/50/15
Class of Tire: Competition/DOT R Compound
Treadwear Rating: 100
Traction Rating: N/A
Max Load: 1168lbf
Pressure You Run: 40F/38R
Tread Depth (in): 6.3/32
Tire Weight:
Rim Size you use: 15x6.5
Section Width: 8.35in
Tread Width:
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: No
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 4
Dry:
Dry Traction: 9.5
Steering Response: 9.5
Snow:
Comfort:
Noise Comfort: 2
Treadwear: N/A

Additional Thoughts:

I had the opportunity to test these tires both in the wet and the dry earlier this year at an autox on my car. They are designed as a car that you can put on at home, drive to the race, and then drive home. They are what I would define as a good compromise race tire and serve in the unwanted range inbetween a street tire and a full slick. I felt they were a very very forgiving tire and did let you know when you were on the edge.

In the dry, they were well, incredible. It took everything stupid I could think of to break them loose in the dry. for reference, out on an actual road, a corner that could be navigated at roughly 50mph before with ZE912's could be navigated at over 70mph with these tires, it was that incredible. I was very excited to get to see what they would do autoxing!

The autox unfortunately was extremely wet and as far as describing wet performance, it was very good for as little tread as these tires have. Anywhere you could actually see the pavement it would stick extremely well, however there were several very deep puddles on course which they no doubt hydroplaned over. I was very impressed with their ability to regain traction however as when you reached the end of the puddle, they grabbed hold again without a problem.

To be honest I have nothing but good things to say about these tires, I would never buy them as they do fall short of being eligible for street tire classes autoxing (100 treadwear vs minimum 140), and when you get into full R comp's, there are much better options out there for the price. I would recommend them however to anyone who does track on a regular basis however and wants a sticky tire that will last and wants something to get their feet wet into the slick realm.

2001 Honda S2000 - SCCA Solo B Stock
- FailinConcepts Racing
"One of the great things in motor racing is concentration. When I want to go faster I don't drive any faster, I just concentrate harder." - Jim Clark

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yokohama Avid H4s

Size:195/60R15
Class: High-Performance All-Season
Treadwear Rating:500
Speed Rating: 87H
Max Load: 1190 lbs
Max Pressure: 44 psi
Pressure You Run: 38 F/R
Tire Weight: 19 lbs
Rim Size you use: 15x6
Section Width: 8"
Tread Width: 6"

Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes
Wet:
Dry:
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 5
Deep Snow Traction: 2
Ice Traction: 4
Comfort:
Noise Comfort: 5

Additional Thoughts: These are the tires that came with my Integra. They had about 1000 miles on them when I got them. The sidewall is slightly too wide and they don't come in the correct 195/55/R15 for the meshies. They're definitely good 3-season tires, but I don't recommend these for anyone who experiences winter on a regular basis. They have very little grip in the snow and I had to keep a shovel in the car over the winter. If you don't have to deal with snow, they're great street tires. I routinely drive too fast around the sharply-curved highway ramps around here and never feel like I'm falling off the road. I wouldn't buy them again for a DD, but I'd gladly use them on a weekend car.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:38 PM

Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yokohama Parada Spec-2

Size of Tire: 205/45/16
Class of Tire: Ultra High Performance Summer
Temperature Rating: A
Speed Rating: V
Max Load: 1074 lbs
Max Pressure: 44 psi
Pressure You Run: 30 psi
Tire Weight: 20 lbs
Rim Size you use: 16
Section Width: 8.2"
Tread Width: 7.6"
Image of the Tread:

General: 8
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes, unless i found something else cheaper or better with about the same price.
Wet: 6
Hydroplane Resistance: 2
Wet Traction: 5
Dry Traction: 7
Snow: N/A
Noise Comfort: 7

Review: Aggressive thread pattern, stiff sidewall, wide enough sidewall just enough to cover up my rim. I hate tires that are narrow or too thin to expose the edge of my rims. These tires decent, I've taken them to the Dragon and it handled the road well under hard driving. They are great under dry condition, but they are only OK under rain... Some 4 season tires probably do better than these Parada Spec-2 under heavy rain... Have been running them for about 2 years, mostly on dry or light rain condition, they are great. Just drive extra careful and SLOW DOWN with these when is pouring (i used to be able to go pretty fast with my old 4 seasons under rain, but can't with these)... These tires on my 16" MB Competition rims are actually slightly lighter than my GSR blade with some 4 season tires... Which is great IMO.

[b]- WTB G2 hood cable, G3 billet ps, alt, & ac pulley - My running log - My FS thread: NGK, Hub ring, G2 Neuspeed 4pts, etc.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Nitto Neo Gen
Class of Tire: Ultra High Performace
Treadwear Rating: 280
Speed Rating:VW
Max Load:1356 lbs
Max Pressure: 50 psi
Pressure You Run: 33
Tread Depth (in): 9.7
Tire Weight: n/a
Rim Size you use: OEM blades
Section Width:n/a
Tread Width:n/a
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: 8
Wet: 7
Wet Traction: 6
Cornering Stability:9
Dry Traction: 8
Snow:
Light Snow Traction:
Deep Snow Traction:
Ice Traction:
Comfort: 9

Additional Thoughts:

I picked these up in the beginning of the '10 summer. I daily drive my car (95 with an ls motor and gsr trans) with some suspension mods. These tires are very predictable when taking off ramps at excessively fast speeds; when their about to break traction you know; I honestly can't explain it any better. Wet traction is iffy with these, no you won't hydroplane going 90 down the highway or going 40 threw a pretty big puddle, but if you try and corner in the wet you'll get some under steer. I'd also like to add that these tires are easy to control while under steering, you just let off the gas and they regain traction right away.
My only complaint about these tires is that they squeal, alot... No other complains about road noise though very bearable.
These tires seem like a great set of beginner auto-x/daily driver tires; I would buy them again if the price was right, which it was at $72/tire, but i think i might upgrade to something a little more aggressive once these die; which doesn't seem to be to soon since the tread depth hasn't visibly changed since I got them; no camber wear which is whats great about these tires; their designed to wear evenly on lowered cars which is great for a daily that gets beat on every once and a while.

Bottom line: Great tires for a daily driver that gets its fair share of a beating. Very predictable and controllable. only negative is that they squeal around hard turns but that doesn't bother me
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Meltman's review of my Falken Ziex 912's

Falken Ziex ZE-912

Size of Tire: Tested in 195/60/14
Class of Tire: High performance all season
Treadwear Rating: 480 as tested
Traction Rating: A
Speed Rating: H
Max Load: 1356
Max Pressure: 52psi
Pressure You Run: 48psi
Tread Depth (in): 10/32
Rim Size you use: 14x5.5
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: No, absolutely not.
Wet:
Wet Traction:3
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 5
Dry Traction: 6
Steering Response: 5
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 2
Deep Snow Traction: 0
Ice Traction: 0
Comfort: The only thing this tire has going for it

Additional Thoughts:

Dry traction is nothing impressive with the 912's but the tire wont try to kill you in the dry. In the wet they are garbage. If the temperature is below 40 and there is anything but dry pavement be prepared for significant loss of grip.

Snow? Consider yourself stuck. I'd honestly rather have my old yokohama AVS-ES1000's in snow if that gives you any indication of how horrible these "all season" tires are.

I will never buy another "all season" falken tire again due to my experiences with these.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Continental Extreme Contact DWS
Size of Tire: 16
Class of Tire: Ultra-High Performance All Season
Treadwear Rating: 540
Traction Rating:
Speed Rating: 83w
Max Load: 1047
Pressure You Run: 35F 37R
Tread Depth (in): 10/32"*
Tire Weight: 17
Rim Size you use: 16
Section Width: 8.4*
Tread Width: 7.2*
Country of Origin: BR, DE
Image of the Tread: n/a

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Y
Wet: 9
Hydroplane Resistance: 9.1
Wet Traction: 9.2
Dry: 8
Cornering Stability: 8.3
Dry Traction:8.8
Steering Response: 8.2
Snow: 8
Light Snow Traction: 8.8
Deep Snow Traction: 8.1
Ice Traction: 7.8
Comfort: 9
Ride Comfort: 8.9
Noise Comfort: 8.7
Treadwear: 9

Additional Thoughts: Before these I had Bridgestone Potenza G 009 and wow what a difference. For one the G009s were on stock steel wheels yet the DWS has a smoother/softer ride. These tires will give you confidence in all weather conditions. You can take these tires to the limit.... or pass the limit and still have significant control over your car. I think that is the reason why they are considered best in class. The cons are that these tires are still trumped by dedicated summer/track tires. But for a spirited driver looking for all season performance these tires are a cut above the rest.

Items marked with '*' where not provided.

....Sometimes less is more....
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
The Nitto Neo-Gen's have been reviewed by several folks here so I won't do a full review but I would like to say a few things about them. Some people like the way the sidewall makes them look like a slick, I hate it. It makes me think my tires are bald after owning them for 8 weeks. Secondly, they don't take to armor all well at ALL. They are faded, and ugly, almost just a few days after I've cleaned and treated them. They take a lot of upkeep and I don't plan on purchasing them again because of this.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 PM

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 ~ WINTER TIRE~

Size of Tire: 195/55R15
Class of Tire: Snow/Winter tire Winter performance
Speed Rating:85H
Max Pressure: 50PSI
Max Load: 1433 lbs
Pressure You Run: 36F 34R
Tire Weight: 23 lbs
Rim Size you use: GS-R Stock Blades 15''
Tread Depth: 11/32''
Tread Width: 6.8''
Country of Origin: France
Image of the Tread:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: YES!
Wet:
Hydroplane Resistance: 8.0
Wet Traction: 8.0
Dry:
Cornering Stability: 7.0
Dry Traction: 7.5
Steering Response: 7.0
Snow:
Light Snow Traction: 10
Deep Snow Traction: 9.5
Ice Traction: 9.0
Comfort:
Noise Comfort: 7.5
Treadwear: 8.5

Additional Thoughts: If I can find these again when it comes time to replace I would buy in a heart beat. If not. My GF has the new Michelin X-Ice Xi2 winter tires and they are softer than the alpin but work just as good. It is just 15'' tires are getting scarce.

The interesting part about these tires is this is the third season they are in use. Looks like I could get 2-3 more seasons out of it. So 5-6 years of tire life. Any longer and I would worry about the tire integrity. I will store the tires with some sort of tire prevention coating.

These are snow tires, soft tires make a nice comfy ride but cornering and steering response is slow. We had a bad snow storm here a week ago. The only two cars to make it down our street was my fathers 4wd Hybrid escape with some fantastic Goodyear Fortera's and my Integra with these tires.

I am lowered. So until I got to even snow I was a plow. What is nice is the car is light and these tires are wide enough to ride on top of the snow. My LSD did its part too.

This is the first time I've ever driven with snow tires. I will NEVER again go a winter without them. My GF was so impressed with what I could drive in she went out and bought the X-Ice Xi2's for her little civic.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Brand and Model of Tire: Falken RT-615K
Treadwear Rating: 200AA
Traction Rating:
Max Load: 1279lb
Max Pressure: 50psi
Pressure You Run: 34psi
Tread Depth (in): 8/32
Tire Weight: 21lb
Rim Size you use: 15in
Section Width: 8.2
Tread Width: 7.6
Country of Origin: ?
Image of the Tread:

Your Review:

General:
Would you buy this tire again?: Yes
Wet: 5
Wet Traction: 2
Dry Traction: 10
Steering Response: 10
Snow: 0.05
Light Snow Traction: 0.01
Deep Snow Traction: 0.00
Ice Traction: 0
Noise Comfort: 6
Treadwear: 2

Additional Thoughts:

Absolutely amazing tire for dry conditions. Hitting a small patch of water straight on is no problem, cornering after/thru this puddle can get hairy at times. These are a beast around town and on the strip/track (I would assume). They beg and plead for you to push them to their limits and will suprise you will how much grip they will give. I always push mine on the on-ramps and they surprise me everytime. Most often, you will back down before this tire will.
That being said, do NOT expect good tire life and do not expect to be able to baby these things for more than 6 months. I am in my fourth month with these and I have gone down to about 3/32nds (8/32nds new). I do alot of highway driving and this is not the tire for me. Granted I have put close to 10k on these, I am about to swap these out and get a tire with a longer life span because these are not it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page