Team Integra Forums banner

Wheel Offset Calculator

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  integra_22t 
#1 ·
Found a nice Wheel Offset Calculator. It helps you estimate outer position of the wheel as well as inner clearance from the strut based on wheel width and offset.

I found it pretty handy. Did a search and no one had posted it.

URL: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

#4 ·
Just cause you can use a tool to get the offset doesnt mean the wheel whill fit perfect with your setup. Since it wont take in account the actuall tire you will be using either. The best way to find the correct setup is to actually test fit the tire and wheel combo on your car AFTER the suspension has been completely done. This will make sure that nothing is hitting.

#5 ·
azITRclone on Oct/05/09 said:
Just cause you can use a tool to get the offset doesnt mean the wheel whill fit perfect with your setup. Since it wont take in account the actuall tire you will be using either. The best way to find the correct setup is to actually test fit the tire and wheel combo on your car AFTER the suspension has been completely done. This will make sure that nothing is hitting.
only problem with that is every single place I have ever dealt with that sells wheels will not return a wheel that has been mounted.

#6 ·
shore96teg on Oct/05/09 said:
Quote:

only problem with that is every single place I have ever dealt with that sells wheels will not return a wheel that has been mounted.
Sound like you need to find a new tire shop. If they were a good tire shop they would mount 1 tire on a wheel and test fit it on the front. And you should always make the tire shop test fit the combo on the car before signing for the wheel/tire combo. This makes it their issue and not yours.

The company I used to work for always test fitted wheel/tire combos. And if there was an issue, we would get the correct wheels or tires to make it work.

#9 ·
psythe on Jul/27/10 said:
Found one that I like better: http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Gives all kinds of helpful stats comparing one size to another. As mentioned there will be variations, so if possible, get a test fit beforehand.
I use this one all of the time. The only problem is that it doesn't work with stretched tire combos.

The other one works great if you just want to know the difference between wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.