Team Integra Forums banner

'93 DA9 K-Swap Build

26K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  Itsmigz101 
#1 · (Edited)

Engine/Trans:
2004 RSX-S K20A2 w/ 6sp Transmission
ACT Street-Lite Flywheel (11lbs)
ACT HD Clutch Kit (AR1-HDSS: 255Ft/Lb Capacity)
K-Tuned Ram Style Header
K-Tuned Throttle Cable & Bracket
K-Tuned Shifter Cable Grommet
K-Tuned Universal 3" CAI w/ Velocity Stack
K-Tuned RSX Billet Shifter w/ Shifter Stops & Race Spec Shifter Cables
K-Tuned IAT Adapter
Hush Performance Cable To Hydro Setup
Innovative K-swap Mounts
Thermal R&D 3" Exhaust
Insane Axles Intermediate Shaft (500hp)
Insane Axles (500hp)
Jackson Racing Power Steering Pulley (052-154)
K-Tuned Adjustable EP3 Pulley (Removed for powersteering)

Fuel:
Karcepts Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pump 320LPH, E85 Compatible (50-1220)
Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR
Aeromotive Inline 40 Micron Fuel Filter (SKU:12348)
Misc AN Fittings to 3/8 in Hose Barbs
Jegs Fuel Pressure Gauge

Cooling:
Mishimoto RSX Full Size Radiator (2 core)
Mishimoto RSX Fan Shroud w/ E-Fans
K-Tuned RSX Silicone Hoses
K-Tuned RSX Fan Switch
K-Tuned Coolant Temp Sensor
K-Tuned Temp Sensor Adapter
K-Tuned Heater Hose Adapter
K-Tuned Bolt On Radiator Stays

Suspension:
Skunk2 Front UCAs
Ground Control Special Purpose Coilovers 550F/450R lb/in springs. (consist of custom valved Koni yellow shocks, extended top hats, bumpstops, 94-01 integra front shock forks)
K-Tuned Traction Bar
Hard Race Full Bushing Set
Hard Race Rear Camber Arms
Hard Race Rear Toe Arms
Blackworks Racing Billet Rear Lower Control Arms

Wheels:
15x7+35 Enkei RPF1
205/55/15 Yokohama S-Drives
Karcepts 36mm Kswap Hubs

Brakes:
ITR Front Calipers
Mini-Cooper Front Rotors (280mm, non-s cooper)
TSX Front Pads
RSX Rear Calipers
EP3 Si Rear Rotors

Electrical:
Rywire K-swap Adapter Harness
Hondata Kpro v4
K-Tuned Engine Harness
Prosport JDM Style Oil Pressure Gauge
Prosport JDM Style Wideband Gauge
Ultragauge EM+

Other:
StrutKing Pedal Covers
Hybrid Racing Power Steering Conversion Kit
Corbeau Forza Seats
AutoPower 4pt Race Roll Bar
G-Force 5pt Cam Lock Harness
Seibon CF OEM Style Hood
JDP Rear Lip Spoiler
NRG 320mm Steering Wheel w/ Quick Release 2.0 & Hub Adapter
Acuity BPST to NPT Adaptor (Not Installed)
Blox Oil Filter Relocate (Not Installed)
IntegraXSI Front Manual Seatbelts/Panels (waiting from HmotorsOnline)

ORIGINAL POST
Suuuup T-I,

Small intro - I used to be a member here back in my high school days (been a minute) with a 94 DC2 GSR. Loved that car but ended up moving on to a rwd platform which came about as a 91 240sx (POS) but fun when I got it turbocharged with ~300hp/300tq. Eventually moved onto a 350z as a DD before getting out of the car scene for the past 4 years and into offroad (toyota tacoma)

Currently I picked up a 93 DA9 LS with a pretty clean body, minor rust on the front fenders and hood. Interior was missing a few pieces.

Mechanically the car needed work but ran albeit rough. Synchros going out and low compression, enough to drive it home and around for a while before the alternator went dead.

See less See more
#6 ·
Figured I should put the build on another active forum since there aren't too many k-swapped 2nd gens from what i could find. k20a and g2ic are both practically dead in the water forums.

I did make some progress this weekend. Fixed the sunroof drains so no more water pooling in the hatch and have the front ground control coilovers installed. Removed shift linkage, axles, radiator, ac condenser, power steering cooler. Only the mounts are keeping the engine/trans in the bay. Unfortunately its over a month before i get the next chance to do any wrenching

#7 · (Edited)
Scored the missing interior pieces from another da9 that had been totaled and they were willing to part with them. So this car will have a 100% full interior again. I also need to order new replacement carpet.

Been looking at other miscellaneous parts including corbeau forza sport seats/brackets and the possibility of a sunroof plug. I never use the sunroof anyways and itll drop weight/no more worrying about those damn drains. My buddy runs a fab shop and is wanting to make one up if we get to ordering the material.

#8 · (Edited)
Here are some photos of work that has been done slowly but surely. The engine is in the car on the mounts. My supermoto race season finally came to an end so there will be free time on weekends home now to get it knocked out. Probably forgetting some stuff on the to-do list

To Do List:
Install rywire adapter harness
Install hush performance hydro conversion
Attach engine harness to fuse block/adapter harness
Remove A/C evaporator
Install throttle cable & air intake
Fuel lines
Heater hoses
Fit rsx-s radiator (doesnt clear the hood currently)
Replace front lca bushings/front hubs
Replace trailing arm bushings
Cut shifter cable hole
Replace brakes
Replace camber/toe arms
Mount aeromotive fuel filter
Fill fluids

#9 · (Edited)
The car is alive! after so much work and time it feels great to have this car running. Albeit there is still work to do.

I need to get a real tune (placed a stock 440cc injector tune and just adjusted the injectors down to 410 for the rdx).

Also had the oil light come on during a subsequent start up. Unsure if it is a true issue or not so i ordered a prosport oil pressure gauge and acuity 1/8bpst to /18npt cube. While i was at it ordered a wideband as well for standalone use since i dont plan to have a laptop with me at all times.

Having a small leak issue with my cmc. Need to get my thermal exhaust modified and on the car. Bleed the coolant, replace mtf.

#12 ·
Havent updated this in a bit but the car runs and drives. i took it for the maiden voyage xmas week to get my thermal modified to meet up with the ktuned ram header. car sounds amazing imo now. i also got quite a few compliments from people not expecting the car to be kswapped.

still a ton of little things to fix and sort out unfortunately but i should be able to do that soon. im finally coming to an end on a 14 month out of town work project. i also have to have shoulder surgery soon after getting back though so it may be a kink in getting stuff done.

Opinions on no interior floor carpet? it semi-bothers me not having it since i think it looks cleaner but bed liner may be enough to give it that look without having to track down a replacement stock floor.

To-Do List:

▪the rpf1s dont clear itr brakes in the front (need to grind caliper possibly). also purchased 1 konig hypergram 15x7.5 to give a try, which if it works ill probably be going with them.
▪clutch master cylinder has a slight leak at the banjo bolt for the stainless line, replace crush washers
▪diagnose vss. ecu is not getting input.
▪clean iacv in hopes to remove surging idle
▪reinforce new "battery tray" to use jhooks on something solid
▪rebleed the brakes. soft pedal currently which is probably from replacing a piston seal on a front caliper (total pain btw)
▪alignment
▪replace blower motor. what are the chances it goes out after i took it out to remove the a/c
▪rewire radiator fans to new relays. stock wiring wont support.
▪install wideband
▪cluster coolant gauge
▪test passenger window motor

#13 ·
Nice!! Congrats on getting that running. I bet there aren't too many DA swaps, as you said. Do let us know when you make it to the track, I'd love hear how it does.

Are you keeping the K20 stock internally?

#15 · (Edited)
few things got done today

▪new caliper on, not leaking. brakes might still need bled fully though
▪alignment done
▪vss is now working
▪ect on the cluster is now hooked directly to ktuned harness (red wire supplied in ktuned engine harness to old single wire temp sensor)
▪wireworx is sending a new obd2 plug/harness since the one i originally received had no pins. once i get that in i will be running my ultragauge for standard items (speedo, ect, fuel trims, trip odometer, air fuel)
▪set up my tablet for bluetooth to the ecu so i can see vitals. pretty cool, might look for a tablet mount to rock it all the time. it is slow connecting the bluetooth though

#16 · (Edited)
FINALLY found some oem carpet at a local pick-n-pull. its dirty and needs some deeeeeeeeeeep cleaning but it is all in tact. after it gets cleaned ill dye it black.

planning to add power steering back in with the k-swap. so far i have Hybrid Racing's power steering conversion kit (high pressure line might be a tight stretch), a remanufactured power steering pump from acura. Plan is to currently plug the rack output to the vss as stock was, I believe this will produce the highest power steering based on the manual (4-port steering racks on DAs)

#17 ·
Current status: placed the power steering pump on the motor and the stock pulley doesnt clear the hood (known issue with some swaps). so i was able to locate and purchase the jackson racing p/s pulley #052-154 which has a smaller diameter. hoping this will clear the hood otherwise ill order the k-tuned power steering relocate kit to place the pump where the a/c compressor went.

ordered an autopower 4pt roll bar and seibon cf oem style hood. have 2 g-force 5pt harnesses to install with the roll bar as well.

#18 ·
jsrc pulley clears the hood. just waiting on the low pressure swivel fitting from k-tuned and gates 7pk1325 belt (ordered from ebay UK).

The hybrid racing pressure line just barely reaches the rack and pump. a few more inches in length would have been great. also used the m12/6an adapter they supply with a 6an cap to plug the feed that originally went to the vss.

will be using the oem reservoir location.

Attachments

#20 ·
Power steering is working flawlessly. so easy to turn now and it made the car much more enjoyable to drive.

also wired in my fans finally and verified they work by reducing the kpro temp setting.

i have a very miniscule list of items i need to tackle now. None of them effect drivability at this point which is amazing.

Fix passenger window (wont move at all, but i have tested so far the window switches)
replace blower motor
fix the horn (steering wheel was unplugged so that may be the only reason?)
install wideband/oil pressure gauges (need to figure out how to fit the oil fittings and adaptor plate, it hits the subframe)
clean and dye oem carpet

#21 ·
didnt have a working speedo with the k-swap anymore so i got around to installing the obd2 port from wire-worx and hooked up an ultragauge em+.

its a simple obd2 reader that pulls info from the ecu and has digital readouts so ill be using it for my speedo/ODO/trip mostly. added the ect digital readout,short trim, and long trim as well.

#23 · (Edited)
correct because of the cable drive.

i read that a crx cable speedo would fit into the k trans to fix that. apparently the integra one is a little larger so thats what prevents it. I didnt want to hassle with having to take the speedo feed from the gauge at that point to the ecu. i also have really enjoyed my ultragauge in the tacoma since it can be adjusted for tire size and setting alarms or showing pending codes which is why i went with it again for the teg.

another option is swapping in an electronic cluster which the speedo will work with the k series at that point. ive kinda tossed the idea around of doing a dc2 cluster since its cheap, or an s2k cluster since i like them but i also like the era specific look though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.