W1ndsor's Integra LS - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
W1ndsor's Integra LS

So im not sure what happened to my old post but here is my 1998 Acura Integra LS. 100$ stock except for the headlights i recently put in and the lack of a muffler.

Rice to go please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So first up, i need some suggestions for things i want to upgrade to the car.

1: Brake Calipers
2: Brake Pads
3: Brake Rotors

4: Shocks
5: Coilover sleeves

6: Sway bars

7: Headers
8: Highflow cat
9: Resonator
10: Muffler

My requirements are keep suggestions individually cheap, but not low quality cheap.

and for exhaust, im looking to keep highway drone really minimal and overall tone pretty low as well.

Also, what can i do about the antenna? its a power one that dosnt work and is broken in the middle. Are there stubby replacements or do i just have to get a new power one? id perfer to have something kinda short

thanks
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 01:19 AM

They make replacement shark fin style and other style replacement antennas and you can find replacement OE antennas as well for pretty cheap. Just depends on what you want.

Don't buy cheap coilovers you'll regret it IMO. Save up and get some good ones and they will ride way better and last longer.

You're not going to notice much in form of power in doing 7,8,9,10 and if your looking for a mostly stock sound while cruising and some decent WAAAAAAAAP accelerating get rid of the airbox, put an intake on it along with a header. Pretty good sound under power but quiet while cruising.

I really noticed a big difference in handling when I put strut bars/braces on and they can be found pretty cheap as well.

As far as brakes go there really is no need to upgrade your calipers/brakes unless you're really driving the car hard and unless you need pads or rotors why replace them and put that money into something else. Upgrading your front calipers and rotors to something like Wilwwod can be done for between 4 and 500 but that is just the front.

Just depends on what your long term goal is for the car. Be patient and buy quality parts and you won't be disappointed.

Clean car!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynick626 View Post
They make replacement shark fin style and other style replacement antennas and you can find replacement OE antennas as well for pretty cheap. Just depends on what you want.

Don't buy cheap coilovers you'll regret it IMO. Save up and get some good ones and they will ride way better and last longer.

You're not going to notice much in form of power in doing 7,8,9,10 and if your looking for a mostly stock sound while cruising and some decent WAAAAAAAAP accelerating get rid of the airbox, put an intake on it along with a header. Pretty good sound under power but quiet while cruising.

I really noticed a big difference in handling when I put strut bars/braces on and they can be found pretty cheap as well.

As far as brakes go there really is no need to upgrade your calipers/brakes unless you're really driving the car hard and unless you need pads or rotors why replace them and put that money into something else. Upgrading your front calipers and rotors to something like Wilwwod can be done for between 4 and 500 but that is just the front.

Just depends on what your long term goal is for the car. Be patient and buy quality parts and you won't be disappointed.

Clean car!
Well when I meant cheap I meant don't point me to the most expensive thing out there. I want quality parts but I do have a to watch how much I spend.

And I don't know what is good quality and what isn't, which is why I made this post. Need some suggestions for everything
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:29 PM

1: Calipers - Unnecessary. You're better off replacing the caliper seals, replacing brake lines, and bleeding the brakes. If you do want new calipers then the Wilwood DPHA is an easy and affordable aftermarket replacement.
2: Brake Pads - Depends on your usage. Street Integra brake pads are pretty affordable. I'd probably go with something from Hawk.
3: Brake Rotors - Cheap centric blanks from rockauto works. No need for fancy cross drilled/slotted rotors.

4: Shocks - Koni yellows.
5: Coilover sleeves - Ground Controls. Spring rates will depend on your application.

6: Sway bars - You'll need a subframe reinforcement brace. ASR and Function 7 make quality products and are about $200. There are many popular sway bars available. I'd shop around jhpusa.com to compare products and price points.

7-10: I wouldn't spend money trying to add power on an LS motor unless you're doing an actual turbo/N.A build. I'd only pick something up if it's used and cheap.

Look around on your local Facebook Honda group page and craigslist. There are lots of Integra parts out there and you can find excellent deals on used parts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks for the suggestions guys.

so i currently dont have a muffler and its really loud and annoying and since im on a tight budget right now im going to autozone tomorrow and picking up a thrush turbo muffler and getting that welded on by a local shop. its just gonna have to do for now as i cant stand the mufflerless drone.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ndsor View Post
thanks for the suggestions guys.

so i currently dont have a muffler and its really loud and annoying and since im on a tight budget right now im going to autozone tomorrow and picking up a thrush turbo muffler and getting that welded on by a local shop. its just gonna have to do for now as i cant stand the mufflerless drone.
It'll be cheaper to go to the junkyard and pull a stock muffler as opposed to buying a new muffler and paying an hour of labor to a muffler shop. Integras are plentiful where I'm from and nobody wants the stock exhaust.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I needed it by today as I'm going out of town tomorrow and I don't want to hear the drone the whole time, and the junkyards are closed when I'm off work. So I already bought it and I'm having it installed just a bit before I leave.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got a 3.25x7.75 Thrush Turbo muffler.

It actually isn't bad. It is just like a much quieter muffler delete. Same tone and whatnot. Not bad for the price I paid.

It'll still get replaced eventually
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got around to fixing my headlight adjustments for my brights. now just need to wire up my halos as DRLs.

also, saving up for a set of eibach sway bars and then im gonna get those ground control sleeves ive heard so much about.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I found out something interesting. My driver side window switch stops working in the intense Oklahoman summer heat, and works again when it cools down. Guess I need to replace that.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Clutch master cylinder went out. Got it fixed. Took a few days but I think I finally got the clutch properly bled. Although now sometimes it really fights me when I press on it. So not sure what's going on there.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally got around to wiring up the HALO lights as DRLs. Really happy with the results.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:35 PM

Damn those halos/drls look NIICE!! Good job

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page