My 1998 LS - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 1998 LS

Hey guys. So back in september i bought this 98 LS for $4500. It had 133k miles and is a 5 speed manual.

Finally decided to actually keep it for a while instead of selling it and buying a camaro so i figured id join up on this forum.

I havent done any mods to it except new tires and a sticker. The headlights were blue when i bought them.

I plan on getting a new radio, exhaust, and headlights as my first mods in the coming weeks.

After that ill look into new brakes and suspension.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sa.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	71281   Click image for larger version

Name:	sb.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	71289   Click image for larger version

Name:	sc.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	71297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161026_171608.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	71305   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161026_171700.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	429.3 KB
ID:	71313  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161026_171646.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	71321  

Akira has me hooked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 07:50 PM

Articles: 1
Nice car, and welcome to Team-Integra! Are the headlights made of blue tinted plastic or has a film been applied? They look to be in pretty good shape, so take a close look before you purchase replacements. Standard performance bolt-ons are cold air intake, headers, and exhaust, not necessarily in that order.

Be sure to check out the articles which can be found under the "Tools" heading, above, for lots of good information covering all aspects of your car.

While surfing Team-Integra.net I listen to Pandora.com
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knavekid View Post
Nice car, and welcome to Team-Integra! Are the headlights made of blue tinted plastic or has a film been applied? They look to be in pretty good shape, so take a close look before you purchase replacements. Standard performance bolt-ons are cold air intake, headers, and exhaust, not necessarily in that order.

Be sure to check out the articles which can be found under the "Tools" heading, above, for lots of good information covering all aspects of your car.

I believe it is a film put onto the original lights. thats what the previous owner said at least.

And thanks. ill make sure to read up on that stuff

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:59 PM

Garage
Welcome to the community! Glad to have you! If you are ever in need of some inspiration for things you can do to your car, another great place to look is at our build threads.

Our cars are what the world sees as we are out. Do you want to leave a good impression? Or would you rather just be another person?

If someone helps you, give them a LIKE

I am MalTeg

My build thread is here.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 AM

Decent LS man, looks like you're headed in the right direction so far. Better choice than a Camaro anyday if you ask me
MalTeg likes this.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TechNine9 View Post
Better choice than a Camaro anyday if you ask me
I second that!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well...im a bit of a chevy fan and i really wanted a camaro for that RWD V8 fun, but this car kinda has me in love rn. I dont think ill ever be able to sell it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 11:07 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks good. I'd look into maintenance before modding.

2000 Acura Integra GSR - Taffeta White
1997 Acura Integra LS - Vogue Silver Metallic - '98+ Converted

DC Sqaud Member #0292

WTB: Comptech intake and icebox.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3teg97 View Post
Looks good. I'd look into maintenance before modding.
yea i was thinking about that. i think i need to replace thee power steering rack and get new brakes.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyHB View Post
yea i was thinking about that. i think i need to replace thee power steering rack and get new brakes.
What makes you say you need to replace the rack?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalTeg View Post
What makes you say you need to replace the rack?
It's leaking fluid. And my brakes are old and probably haven't been replaced in a while.

Speaking of brakes, anyone know of some good rotors/calipers/drums?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Good set of daily brakes with a touch more bite that I personally love is the cryo treated Centrics with the painted cooling vanes and a set of Hawk HPS pads. These still allow a good bite when cold like you need on a daily, but yet still hold up well to some spirited back road use threw some twisty roads and with the cryo treated rotors I have deff noticed they do not warp nearly as easy as just the plain old run of the mill ones they shell out by the dozens. Follow that set up with the proper sequence bleeding of the lines depending on your year Integra and you will have a nice reliable little set up and it's still pretty quiet to use.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:38 PM

I just changed out my brake lines with the pre-made Russell/Edelbrock ones on my 98 LS. Very good quality and I highly recommend it along with a fluid flush. My old fluid was probably the original which would make it 18 years old with 102K miles on it. It was a nasty brown color, I disconnected the passenger side line first and used a vacuum pump to suck out all the old fluid. Then I went around and removed all the other lines in order of furthest from the master cylinder to closest and sucked whatever else fluid I could. After I got everything I could out, I reconnected all of the stock hoses temporarily, filled the reservoir up with brand new Lucas synthetic and starting with the drivers front replaced the stock lines with the stainless ones and bled the new fluid in using the the vacuum pump. This time in order of closest to the master cylinder to furthest remembering to completely fill the reservoir after each line before moving to the next. Once I got all 4 done, I went back to the front drivers side and bled it again in the same order. It used the entire quart. I think its safe to say I got all of the old fluid out and its fully serviced with the new fluid. Next Im looking at new rotors all around (either EBC or Password JDM), new pads (EBC), and possibly new calipers (powerstop). Im also going to replace all of the wheel bearings and hubs at the same time as the brakes. Timken for sure.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK, so i want to replace my broken power antenna with an aftermarket stubby one (for looks mostly since i am about to put a new radio in and will just be using my phone for music)....how do i go about removing the antenna and making it to where an aftermarket one will fit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page