My 1998 LS - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:53 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Antenna Mast Replacement - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Quick tip... this forum is loaded with a wealth of history of all sorts of DIYs for these cars. If you jump on google, prefix your search with "site:team-integra.net" followed by your search. As an example, to get to the above link, I used "site:team-integra.net remove power antenna" in Google, I pasted the second returned link. The search feature toward the top of any page here works almost as well also.

13 Ford Explorer (Wifes)
02 HD V-Rod (latest toy)
95 Acura Integra GSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsonar View Post
Antenna Mast Replacement - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Quick tip... this forum is loaded with a wealth of history of all sorts of DIYs for these cars. If you jump on google, prefix your search with "site:team-integra.net" followed by your search. As an example, to get to the above link, I used "site:team-integra.net remove power antenna" in Google, I pasted the second returned link. The search feature toward the top of any page here works almost as well also.
o ok thanks. Do you know if i can then put in one of those stubby screw in aftermarket ones once i do this or will i need to find something specific?

Akira has me hooked
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Best I can suggest is to search around... you're certainly not the first to try or ask on one of these cars.

I know some people have used a "shark style" antenna, with mixed success. Personally, I ended up removing power from the stock antenna (leaving the stock antenna in place, just pushed down), and have a powered glass mount antenna installed up above my rear view mirror that works "ok" (but I hardly listen to FM radio). The pitch of the rear quarter where the stock antenna is mounted can make it interesting to get after market stubby antennas to sit right, seal right, and not roll outward.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK so im looking at the Apexi WS2 as the exhaust im gonna get, and i was wondering what the difference was between the normal universal b and the universal B high flow. the picture shows a much smaller looking muffler so i was wondering what the sound difference was
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:56 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyHB View Post
yea i was thinking about that. i think i need to replace thee power steering rack and get new brakes.
It can just be the boot that is leaking.

Quote:
OK, so i want to replace my broken power antenna with an aftermarket stubby one (for looks mostly since i am about to put a new radio in and will just be using my phone for music)....how do i go about removing the antenna and making it to where an aftermarket one will fit?
I have done a OEM Honda S2000 antenna long time ago to replace the OEM antenna. You need to do some minor modification to make it work. There are other teg owner that have install the shark antenna. You should be able to find both of these antenna in the DIY article.

Under 2 more years left. I can apply for Historic Tags for my GS/VTEC Automatic and no more SMOG
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:35 AM

I replaced my broken antenna about 2 months ago. I bought one that advertised direct plug and play for our car. That was misleading, yes the power plug was a direct fit but the mounting was universal. It came with a flat metal bracket that I had to measure and bend and some self tapping screws. Even after all of that, the base of it still leaks. If I were to do it again, I would just get the OEM one and call it a day.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:07 PM

Garage
Hey I actually have done both of the mods for the antenna. I have a video on YouTube for a dot
Diy mod for the screw in type antenna and I currently have the shark fin style on my car. Here's the link to my video for the screw in type:

Our cars are what the world sees as we are out. Do you want to leave a good impression? Or would you rather just be another person?

If someone helps you, give them a LIKE

I am MalTeg

My build thread is here.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:16 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
OK, so i want to replace my broken power antenna with an aftermarket stubby one (for looks mostly since i am about to put a new radio in and will just be using my phone for music)....how do i go about removing the antenna and making it to where an aftermarket one will fit?

S2000 Shark Antenna Installation

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks for all the info

just getting some money saved up and for some better weather and then ill be repairing and modding away
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK. Got a new steering rack. Since I'm gonna be pulling apart the whole front anyways, I'm gonna do a bunch of shit up there.

Here is a list of things I want. If anyone has recommendations for products that aren't crazy expensive that'd be great. I don't want anything super aggressive. Just slightly sportier than stock.

1 inch lowering springs
Struts
Front and rear sway bars and sway bar links
Brake pads, rotors (blanks), calipers.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Are you shopping for parts to use now, or parts that you can use for a long time?

I don't know crap about right-now parts.

For keep it parts, I'd go as follows:
Springs/shocks: Ground Control/Koni Yellow
Sway parts: used ITR, or go new with ASR.
Brake rotors: Duralast Gold blanks.
Brake pads: what are you looking to do with the car? Drive it? AutoCross? Track day? Time attack?

My FS thread

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX <log offsite>

Integra friends are the best friends.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'd say mostly long term parts.

And this is my daily. Probably won't see a track for a while

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page