Team Integra Forums banner

Farewell Build

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mTeg97 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my build.

I wrecked my first teg about a year ago, so I ended up getting a daily and a few months ago I bought a jdm shell.

After I get it up and running I plan on selling it and picking a drift missile. Hence, the farewell.

The end of my first integra, a 95 ls.

So my old teg is now my parts car. I've got a list of things that I need from it that I'll be adding to the thread soon. For the most part I've gotten everything off though, so there's not too much left to do on that end.

The shell I picked up had a K in it and I'm putting in the B18 I have from my old car. Mainly cause of funds and convenience. Because of this the tranny bracket on the passenger side of the engine bay has to be drilled off the frame of my parts car and welded onto the new shell.

In case you don't know what bracket I'm talking about I pulled this pic from honda-tech.

The beginning of the end.

I didn't notice until after I bought it but it came with a type r cluster too.

I got a pretty good deal on the shell, but it definitely needs work. The only thing that really scares me is the wiring but hopefully its not too bad.

For the most part I have everything I need except an a/c line or two and the climate control since I sold those before I got the shell.

If you got this far into the thread I appreciate it, and I'll try to bring updates pretty often.

Tools I need:
Engine Hoist
Engine Stand
Welder
Movers Dolly

See less See more
#5 ·
This tranny bracket is pretty stubborn. I went at it for a while with a hammer and chisel but its still stuck on there for now.
I couldn't really get to the bottom right spot welds with the chisel I have because its pretty dull. So I messed around with a paint scraper for like 5 minutes before giving up for tonight. My hands took a beating, so I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow, hopefully I'll have better luck.

If anyone has taken this thing off before any advice would be appreciated.

Here's where I left it at.

#6 ·
I finally managed to get the bracket off, had I used a bigger drill bit to get the spot welds out it would've been a little easier.

Also I picked up a cheap harbor freight welder, a 70 amp arc welder, and wooden dolly to move the engine around a little easier.

The welder came with this thing and I have no idea what it is.

Only a few more things left to take off the old teg before its ready for the scrap yard.

Parts left to take off:
Fuel Filter
Slave Cylinder
Brake Booster
Sunroof

And a few other little things I can't remember off the top of my head.

I've been thinking about painting the shell before I drop the motor in but I'm not too sure if I will yet, what do you guys think?

#9 ·
How come? I've heard stick welding is typically better strength wise. But I've been thinking about just welding the bracket on with the stick welder this saturday, and then returing it to pick up a flux core welder so I can fix a tiny exhaust leak on my daily.

I tried to practice a little last night and it was hard to strike an arc. The electrode kept getting stuck.

Keep it silver!
lmao i probably will

#13 · (Edited)
Last sunday I got some stuff done but not as much as I had hoped. Originally I was just gonna rebuild it without the carpet since the one I have is so dirty, but I figure I may as well just dye it black and throw it in the shell so that it'll look cleaner.

From what I've gathered it can be done for around $40 dollars. The only thing I'm unsure about is do you have to cut off the plastic side moldings before you dye the carpet?

I might be dying my trunk carpet to. I plan on getting started today so I'll have it done by the end of the weekend.

The guy who had the car before decided to cut these 3 lines, so now I have to pull these 3 from my parts car. I think they go back towards the gas tank but i'm pretty sure that's the last thing I need to pull from the old teg.

I think one line goes to the fuel filter, one to some sort of breather can(I forgot what it's called) near the battery, and I can't remember what the other is for right now. If anyone knows for sure, or has pulled these before, I'd appreciate the advice.

Once those are off I can finish getting the shell ready for the motor.

Thanks, I'm gonna find some more scrap to practice on before I weld the bracket on.

Seriously though, I don't see too many silver tegs with the jdm front end. I'm excited to see your build unfold!
Thanks dude! I'm gonna get it repainted once it's up and running.

Did you buy the little inverter welder? I have the older model.

Stick isn't n00b friendly, but it teaches puddle discipline well.

Flux core is better.

Shielded flux wire is really nice.

TIG rules all.

(Disclaimer: I've run all of them, including oxyfuel, and my best stack of dimes was welding with the gas torch. I'm still a n00b.)
I think I saw the little one there but it was kind of pricey. This one is just a big black box with an on/off switch and switch for low or high amperage.

#12 ·
Did you buy the little inverter welder? I have the older model.

Stick isn't n00b friendly, but it teaches puddle discipline well.

Flux core is better.

Shielded flux wire is really nice.

TIG rules all.

(Disclaimer: I've run all of them, including oxyfuel, and my best stack of dimes was welding with the gas torch. I'm still a n00b.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.