Team Integra Forums banner

aznasinine's GSR Log

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  aznasinine 
#1 ·
So after almost 4 years away from an Integra a picked up a 99 GSR a few months ago.

My old Integra << aznasinine's log - G35/K20/Widebody/ect.

The new one, day I picked it up

Appears to be a mostly unmolested GSR

Didn't take long to start missing my old K-Swap...who needs a truck?

Started some suspension mods...Progress CSII 550lbs all around.

LCA bolts decided to be a pain in the A**

Luckily CrackedUp Racing Overnighted me some BWR LCAs.

Dropped, put my old 949's on 15x7 with 205/50 StarSpecs ZIIs

Picked up a used P1 Spec splitter

and that's how it sits today.

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol @ the engine riding shotgun.

I thought I was the only one who did that. My old Civic moved 4 or 5 motors that way. Pull the seat, pay down the plywood, attach the chains to the seat belt bolts and use straps to hold it down. Works awesome.

#9 · (Edited)
teggy999(Mike) was nice enough to let me use his Integra as a test mule for my new engine and trans.

So i pulled his motor a week ago, He's planning on putting his engine in a MR-Spyder.

Before

After

I've been slowly getting parts together for my swap, including a 80MM K-tuned Throttle body
Size comparison with Stock RSX TB.

Starting on the Port Matching

My engine is about ready to go in his car hopefully i can get it all done before thanksgiving, although getting into my car is still several months out.

#11 ·
Got the motor running this weekend.

When i first tried starting it it just wouldn't turn over.

I changed around some of the grounds moving one from the valve cover to the passenger side engine mount and it started right up.

Mike doing his best doctor impression checking for bad noises.

Drove it for the first time, I'm having some vacuum issues where it's surging in gear, i need to sort those out but it's running well for the most part. Friends are laughing at me because i was complaining about no power steering.

Went to lunch afterwards...not a bad group of cars.

#12 ·
My b18 has been smoking for a while in vtec, a few months ago i replaced the valve seals and it didn't help out all leading me to believe the rings are going out/gone. Last week i think my spark plugs have had enough and the engine is was misfiring.

The k24 is almost ready to go in to i got started on removing it from mikes car where i was testing it.

Then i towed my car over to Cracked Up Racing

removed the B18 so i can start working on getting the K into my car.

#13 ·
progress is slow hopefully it will pick up in the next few weeks as more and more parts come in.

Went to CrackedUp Racing today and put a RSX radiator in. and also mounted up my fuel filter and Fuel Pressure regulator so i can start to order fuel fittings.

Fuel Filter is a 10 micron Fuel Filter/Water separator, mostly made for boats, wanted to try it out should filter well and is only $5-10 to change the filter element.

Should be easy to adjust the Fuel Pressure with it mounted here.

#19 ·
Slowly but surely getting there, got the interior wiring done and got the shifter box mounted.

Went with the above tunnel mount because i melted 2 sets of cabled on my old set up, plus it places the shifter up high closer to the steering wheel.

I also changed back to the stock TSX manifold from a RBC, RBC's have been known to make more top end power, since i'm mostly a road course guy, i'm interested to see how the 80MM TB and RBB manifold work together.

#24 ·
My kpro4 is in the mail, currently tuning on pump gas until i can get it installed.

Ethanol sensor really only tells you the the ethanol content %, so it's not octane based.

I'm not super impressed with how Hondata has made the flex fuel sensor work, you don't have e85 maps and gas maps, you have one set of fuel maps and you have to create % increase or decrease based on ethanol content. We'll see how that works out in a few weeks, i wanted to do it more as a now i know type thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.