Team Integra Forums banner

Piecing together 99 GSR shell

6K views 55 replies 9 participants last post by  icantgetenough 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So ive been working on my 99gsr bought the shell and now piecing everything back , car runs just missing a couples things to be road worthy and to 100% comfortable driving it with no worries.

Little things i need :
Coolant overflow bottle w/ bracket.
Fuel gauge sending unit. (Completely rusted) owner let the gas in the tank and it sat for about 5 years.
Im having trouble with my dizzy atm shopping around (b18c1 , obd2)

I bouth a complete swap 97 gsr ,tranny ,axles, ecu , and all accessories. The car itself its my first project and i kinda love the headaches its been giving me trying to piece it together.

So yea i will be posting pictures as soon as i find a way to do so.

#2 ·
What problems is the dizzy giving you? New ones are expense, and the new one I bought from advanced the plugs that go into the engine broke before I even got the car started. So keep your old dizzy just in case. Like most people say, OEM is best. I'm not sure on pick n pull prices for them, but it might be worth the gambel. Same for the coolant over flow bracket. There tanks are probably pretty nasty thought haha. Good luck man.

#4 ·
Ive been playin switch a roo since i have the 99 dizzy. Changing coils, cap n rotor ,etc .
And ill have one setup which produces spark and the other dead as hell. I was able to get away with for a couples day but now it has hard time starting .

Ps im saving for dizzy and wires.

#11 ·
Aghm I'm way too lazy to polish lolol. Looks good so farm any bay pix?

#12 ·
Went to local car meet and loved s2000 cut out on its hood. Did a lil googlin and it appears that alot of ppl do it by simply tracing the underside lololol . Well this is my handrawn sketch attempt. Hopefully soon i get balls to cut a perfectly good hood.

Please leave a comment lol i feel like im doing this for nothing and simply talking to myself lol

Engine pics will coming soon. (Posting pics gradually dont wanna post outtatime pics etc etc)

Have a nice hump day.

Attachments

#13 ·
I'd get a hood from a junkyard and make sure you like the look on the teg first. Its a pita to find a clean red hood. They're usually pink lol

#15 ·
for mods there are so many little things you can do. since you have a gsr you need to know about the three stage vtech and how your engine works before you can throw parts at it. lots of knowledge on this page. i surf it all the time and spend more time here than on my instagram. (my only social media page i get on) just keep searching man!!!:google: (i say this not knowing how much you know about hondas/acuras. im still a noob myself)

#20 ·
This definitely reminds me of my build when I was mixing and matching things between my '95 GSR engine and the shell was a '98. It was definitely a headache being that the shell hadn't run in 5 years or so either and it was so rusted out.

If you're looking for spark plug wires, I recently bought NGK 8018 plugs from eBay for $46 shipped.

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.