I know how you feel about those damn door panels. I was thinking of doing the same thing with epoxy. Let us know how it goes.
Everything else looks great so far.
I'm just glad I'm not building a show car, lol, these would definitely be tossed hahaha. So far so good repair is stout.
Updating some interior woes.
I've been busy the past week, 5th year wedding anniversary, my sons birthday, and my wife's birthday is coming up and I haven't updated in a while. As for this update, I have finally found something I totally suck at, or need more experience with. AUTO UPHOLSTERY, LOL.
I attempted to re-stick my door inserts which was full of failure. I laugh this off because one, I completely rushed and didn't think through attempt one, and two I was more focused on not being late to get my daughter from school.
Insert removed and cleaned
Dry but still has some grime stuck in the old adhesive
my diy masking w/ resources
failure began here LOL coated w/ 3m 77 adhesive ( get's very stick, very fast )
at this time my fate was already doomed and I didn't even realize what I had done. I turned my entire task into a venus fly trap; there was no escaping this sticky situation.
I didn't panic, just did my best to unravel my mess, let it dry, and come back a few days later w/ 3m adhesive remover. Cleaned off the fabric and tried it again, with a bit more common sense. Cleaning the fabric took it's toll on the edges, looking a bit more tattered.
while that dried, I did the driver panel w/ my common sense in hand
Cleaned off the overspray and adhesive transfer from my gloves LOL. Now this was a success despite it's ehh appearance. The good news is I know now, this is not my forte. I took the passenger to an upholstery shop who will charge me $20 to adhere it. If they do a good job, I will take them this driver side to be redone again. HAHA, then I'll ask for a quote to repair the vinyl before I attempt and botch that as well.
- so it's a tie, LOL
Cleaned the door panel - forgot pic I think, but dirty speaker vent being addressed
in between drying time I prepped my RHD CF switch cover for LHD
not pretty but functional, still a few more things to do before it's all done.