Team Integra Forums banner

stealth DC2, autocross videos

12K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  stealthpenguin 
#1 · (Edited)
1996 Acura Integra GSR
194,000mi.

Just purchased this GSR from a local mechanic and fellow autocrosser. It was a spare-no-expense build focused on keeping the car reliable while upgrading or restoring every component. It is an all-motor build, with

Restored original B18C1 drivetrain (30,000 miles)
- Blueprinted and balanced
- Forged internals
- Titanium valvetrain
- Skunk2 IM
- DC 4-1
- Weapon R intake
- ITR clutch, oil pump
- Apexi World Sport Noir exhaust

Updated interior
- Black interior swap
- ITR doorpanels
- Amber instrumentation
- Yellow gauge needles
- 2001 climate
- Wideband integrated into

Electronics
- Hondata S300
- PLX wideband
- JDM foglights and switch

Exterior
- Custom green metallic pearl paint
- JDM yellow lenses
- OEM 98 side mirrors, rear bumper, taillights
- Shaved rear badging, antenna, rear wiper, doorhandles

Suspension
- AGX adjustable shocks
- Eibach Pro-Kit springs
- Skunk 2 rear LCA, front UCA
- Hardrace control arm bushings
- New OEM motormounts, balljoints, and shock mounts

Brakes
- ITR/Cooper front brakes
- SS brake lines

My short-term plans are to make it into a dedicated track/auto-x car by porting over some parts from my other track car. Here's the mods that are coming:

- Koni Yellow
- Ground Control Sleeves with F400lb/R500lb
- ASR brace
- 22mm ITR rear bar
- Rolled fenders
- 15x8 wheels w/ 225 Rivals
- SPC rear camber
- OEM JDM 94-97 turnsignals

See less See more
#64 ·
Getting ready for race season!

Installed a bunch of goodies over the weekend that were easy to knock out. Now just trying to get the old DB7 out of the garage so I can drop the transmission on this car and get my 4.9 ATS FD and OEM ITR LSD installed.

I also ordered a second set of rear springs (300lb.) to see how easy it is to swap the springs in case I want to drive the car out to Thunderhill (3 hrs away).

Installed a JDM ITR SRS wheel:

Installed some DIY JDM 98 tail lights:

Gave her a wash & wax:

Removed the wing that was adhered to the trunk (in lieu of the OEM gasket?):

#66 ·
The holes are just covered in vinyl tape right now. I'm not going to permanently fill/weld them.

Soon I'll get some nicer vinyl to cover the holes or fab some metal plates w/ gaskets. Eventually I'll be fabricating an adjustable wing so I can reuse the mounting holes..

#67 ·
First autocross of the season means car updates!

- Replaced Skunk2 UCAs
- New transmission seals
- Installed OEM ITR LSD
- New axles
- New outer tiered
- New larger, straight-through resonator
- Added flex pipe to exhaust after the cat
- Straightened out muffler
- Replaced turn signal switch
- Oil change
- Alignment

Pictures of the Skunk2 UCAs I replaced. I actually replaced them because of a busted balljoint, didn't see that the bushings were toast until I pulled them out.

Tranmission out:

#73 ·
Just got done with my first two autocross events of the season and the new OEM ITR LSD is great, but has me now wanting for a clutch-type 1 or 1.5 way LSD.

The LSD is helping most on long sweepers so far. I used to trailbrake, lift throttle, or straighten the wheel to rotate the car in case it started pushing. Now, I can use part throttle for the same effect when the car pushes, and sooner in those long sweepers to avoid getting off my line in the first place.

#74 ·
Yes, having an LSD can definitely adjust those driving habits! Such a great addition

Your previous post of three images don't work btw (they *may* work for you because you are logged into your Google account, but won't for anyone else unless you use the publicly available "share" link)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.