Team Integra Forums banner

OutTegra's 96 LS build **parts installing time!**

5K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  OutTegra 
#1 · (Edited)
Hooow's it going everyone.

96 LS 300k km/200k miles, mint drivetrain and handling, possible recent engine rebuild or swap.
Can tell it had a bunch of work done before I bought it but didn't get much of a back story due to language barrier.

The cost.. $300!

The bad.. some body dmg, fenders dented, dinged passenger door, pushed in D/S quarter panel

The good.. I'm an autobody repair/customiser/paint/airbrusher! Feel free to shoot me msges if you're in the Vancouver, b.c. area for weekend work shop

Reason for cheap price was all lack of knowledge, knocking coming from tranny (rusted loose exhaust clamp) rattling from rear passanger tire area (grimy muffler rods and rubber attachments) electical issues with power options (fuses put in wrong order)

Now what you actually care about, whats being done.

I'm glad to say shes getting pampered with goodies ;) hints... Momo, magnaflow, nrg, skunk2, a snail,ect..

Some work/parts have been done and some are in the mail

Pics/info on work will be posted.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok so photos are here, work done:

Front sway bar (will be painted blue)
Momo hub
nrg deep dish wheel
valve cover gasket
airbrushed valve cover
new rotors/pads/pistons all around
magnetic engine/tranny plugs
H&R lowering springs
Rear seat removed

To be done next:
Skunk2 pro intake manifold
skunk2 adj. Cam gears
magna flow cat back

Test paint job, will be cutting and re painting it again once cam gears arrive

S2 pro intake manifold

#3 ·
OK so.... its been awhile BUT... the project keeps on going!

What's been done in the past months?
Picked up a Momo carbon shifter
Ractive shifter boot black with red stitching
Konig feather gold lightweight rims
Replaced both fenders, were dinged by the previous owner
Oem TypeR front strut bar
Skunk2 LCR gold
Brian Crower adj. cam gears gold
Slightly tinted rear lights (left back up lights alone)
Tinted daytime lights

Going to be redoing the VC, thought the whole cracked paint airbrush look would be nice effect but not a fan any more.

Will begin airbrushing soon, will throw up some updated pics in a few hours of how she's looking!

#6 ·
Haha yeah that and work, went 16 days straight 12hrs a day, my only day off is Saturday so when it comes I'm out looking for parts or doing work on the car.

i need some body work chris! where in vancouver are you?
I'm actually in Richmond near hwy 99 and hwy 91, I'm always down to do bodywork and meet up with another teg owner, what about yourself?

#7 · (Edited)
So bad news... I lost my key fob for the alarm somewhere hopefully at home, so until i find it or get a new alarm its not going anywhere :(

Alright its picture time!!!

sk2 manifold

sk2 LCA

Found these at the scrap yard on a car, love the look of neo chrome and have a buyer already for $100

A preview of the possible future???? if I don't go with my other idea.... I'm use to domestic vehicles I don't know how i should go about it haha
Will have a nice pearl in the colours, kinda a alien style flames

#11 · (Edited)
Haha so I'm getting enough people telling me I shouldn't do harsh flame theme jobs on it, fair enough and I knew deep down this was coming lol

I request the help off you guys, this will be a show car eventually, plan is by next spring/summer, it will also be to bring in new clients so I can start doing my own thing. If you guys have idea's I wanna hear them, dream paint jobs if you could go crazy.

few ideas so far

#14 ·
Well my brian crower adj cam gears came in, their new design is absolutely sexy and well designed unlike the old model, will get pics up when I get home, also created the base coat colour ill be using when I get around to painting it, going to make a youtube vid on it to show it, airbrushing design put on hold now till after cars painted, probably wont do a design till late next year, been flip flopping lately on it and I dont wanna do anything ill hate in a few years. Hope you all love the paint ive mixed up for this beauty.

#16 ·
Today at work I had to tow a fallen angel, was a stolen recovery but not in the shape that it was taken from the owner, they decided to roll it off a cliff, lets have a moment of silence for this Teg.... But where there is death, theirs life, found my DC headers 4-1 and injen air intake till I get turbo, has some sort of exhaust but looks to be a no-name ebay, couldn't find any branding

mmmmm

#18 ·
Update:

Ok so its been a bit, the teg is pretty much just sitting at the shop due to being busy but the parts keep coming, new items...

Skunk2 front camber kit
4" magnaflow catback exaust
DC Sport 4-1 headers
Injen cold air intake
K&N filter
Air/Fuel ratio gauge
Passenger side tray so I can get rid of the airbag

waiting on a car to be placed on the lot, parts that will be taken off it:

Skunk2 pro-c coilovers
rear sway bar
3-point jdm front sway bar
Volt meter gauge
Fuel pressure guage
Tri-pod A-pillar cluster
aftermarket side skirts

possibly other goodies too, seen that it also had Skunk2 silver lower control arms, AEM short ram and possibly a camber kit I might buy to re sell, which will cover the cost of all the parts i bought due to my discount lol, had a TI-C Greddy exhaust system but was rear ended and the muffler got banged up :(

Someone on here actually knows the car ill be taking the parts from..

Anybody remember a silver teg with this on the front bumper?
Will be going on mine now, an official TI teg!

#19 ·
Have a few questions, which parts would be best since I have spares now

AEM short ram, injen cold air or k&n short ram?
3 point jdm strut bar, typeR strut bar with another one (dual strut bar setup) or just the typrR?
Magna flow full catback or magnaflow muffler with greddy Ti-c resonator?
A pillar cluster or remove the ac controls and make a drag race style plate with all the gauges in it?

The extra parts will probably be sold after for money towards the car.
I got the weekend off so ill be in the shop the whole time, expect pics!

#20 · (Edited)
more parts!! got my skunk2 pro-s suspension, centre console storage removal, guages, a spare front camber kit, new jack stands, rear sway bar and some stage 2 cams!
Will be re-painting the springs, make them all purdy before installing.

At the moment I'm stripping the paint off the valve cover for re-painting, probably will be finished tomorrow.
updated engine bay:

#23 ·
Okay so some good news and some bad news, finished my valve cover and installed, however when I was driving out to pick up some peterbilt fenders a customer wants me to airbrush my radiator decided to blow, over heated and might have blown my head gasket, will check it out after work, either ill pick up a new radiator after work or ill be picking up my new engine sooner than planned.

Valve cover looks great imo. the great debate between stock and clean looking or personality... i think you guys can tell what I went for, I know most you guys prefer the clean oem look but to each their own
I think it gives it a red top rb20 look

paint used: engine primer, metallic black base, pearl red stripes, marble effect with red apple candy on top and a dark silver metallic over the lettering, some beauty shots, hope you enjoy

#25 ·
Valve cover looks good.
Check the oil and antifreeze for any mixture of the two. How long was it overheating for?
Although aluminum, B series motors are quite tough and it takes a lot for engine damage to occur from overheating.

#26 · (Edited)
Me too, i will check the oil later too thanks, she was over heating for maybe 10 mins... was cruising down the hwy, seen the needle on the H way past the red line, get out to see her spraying coolant all over and smoke/steam coming from around the belt, I'm hoping it was just steam from coolant splashing over there and not smoke but if so its ok, just means the car gets parked early this winter and up on stands, also will need a half rad for my turbo setup so this just pushed me further towards it. get all my parts in and new engine/5spd swap, turbo and be ready by spring. Have a full engine/5spd swap for $600 waiting for me.

#30 ·
Ok so got home to check the damage and looks like its a win and lose situation, the oil is still nice and purple, no mix from what i can tell, use royal purple oil, rad was completely drained, shes now puffing white smoke tho, maybe a valve adj.?

The worst i can see is the valve cover.... the engine got too hot for the engine clear, that or wasnt cured enough, going to see if i can salvage it with some wet sanding, take it down to the black and re clear it, its just on the front bottom edge and front 2 nut positions but yeah... here it is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.