Voodoo's 01' GSR *WELP, #@$% Thieves* - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Voodoo's 01' GSR *WELP, #@$% Thieves*

I don't know why this thread has gotten so much attention. However, I am grateful for all those who have helped me in my teg journey and all the TI members that have chimed in. I have been through alot since I bought the teg. This car has given me back way more than I have given it. I am thankful. What a long strange trip it has been.

What I have Done:
All general maintenance(a ton of crap to list)
Royal Purple Oil
K&N Filter
NGK Plugs and wires
OEM Fuel filter
New duralast Gold battery
Swapped my Alpine from my accord into it
"Protected da Teg"
Rear wiper delete
Rear Antenna delete
Backseat and seat belt delete
Shift Knob
Water Pump
Timing belt
Advanti Racing S1 Storm Rims 15x7 wrapped in 195/55R-15 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2
Hidden Hitch(now removed and in storage if needed again.)
New alternator
Fix passenger side fender inner liner and replace AEM V2 Air Filter.(74101-ST7-A00 AND AEM filter # 21-205DK
JDMJNKY and Drewk909 like this.

Last edited by VoodooR; 01-17-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 07:40 PM

Garage
Sounds cool! Pictures aren't working btw. Is it lowered? Unless you want it to handle like a boat, you might want to consider tackling your suspension!
post #3 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

mutt8588 likes this.

post #4 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtinezz View Post
Sounds cool! Pictures aren't working btw. Is it lowered? Unless you want it to handle like a boat, you might want to consider tackling your suspension!
My integra was factory rode height for 4 years and not once did it handle like a boat. Lowering did increase my handling but it was never sloppy like claimed. Above.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Pics posted finally

I'll be putting in alot of work on here on Thursday my day off. Trying to decide if I want to go Honda battery or interstate. Other thank that The engine bay needs to be cleaned. I will have alot more pics when I finally get a day off, so bear with me!

Thursday I hope to accomplish:

all fluid changing
Engine cleaning
Sparkplugs
Batt change
Wash the car
post #6 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Garage
Ehm, I guess its subjective. I thought it was pretty agreed upon that our OEM suspension is garbage But I guess it was just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls4Integra View Post
My integra was factory rode height for 4 years and not once did it handle like a boat. Lowering did increase my handling but it was never sloppy like claimed. Above.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Stock height, I might lower it a modest 1 1/2-2inches. I don't really like the rims the previous owner put on it. I'd love to get some enkei shoguns...but it isn't a priority to me.
post #8 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 01:58 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
yeah the rims gotta go man. clean pickup overall though. solid looking car for a start. and a gsr to boot. the koni struts and ground control coilover sleeves are a favorite for a basic setup that rides nicely. id look into that if you want to drop it. you have a lot of height options with the koni/gc setup.

JDM from the womb to the tomb

echelonwarrior: i love how you just go down the highway at 100 sticking out of the sunroof shirtless

Every time matt works on my car he hands me a few bolts and tells me "here, you didnt need these" and sometimes his clutch foot doesnt work properly

Mutt's Log
post #9 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutt8588 View Post
yeah the rims gotta go man. clean pickup overall though. solid looking car for a start. and a gsr to boot. the koni struts and ground control coilover sleeves are a favorite for a basic setup that rides nicely. id look into that if you want to drop it. you have a lot of height options with the koni/gc setup.
Yes sir, rims deff gotta go but will stay for now untill I get everything I want done. The Koni/GC seems to be the most popular choice for teggy suspension here so I will look into that for sure.
post #10 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

If anyone reads this, I want to do the hood cable relocation/fuel cut off. If you have pics if you've done either, I would love to see them!
post #11 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Tons of work done today on my teg. My accord died on me last night...very strange. I will have even more pics tomorrow.

I need to replace my head lights I don't really want to retrofit. I have 8k HIDS so I need to find some HiD compatible halos. Anyone got leads?

Royal purple oil change+K&N filter
Honda MTF change
NGK plugs and NGK blue wires
New battery, old one was from 09'
Tags and reg today
Threw my alpine in from the accord so I can have my Ipod.
Cleaned the interior (pics tomorrow.

post #12 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Yesterday and day before did a ton of work. Going to replace headlights and taillights soon. But first is securing da teg. Already took the first layer steps. Here are some pics just for progress sake. Pretty boring right now nothing major going on but I am very much happy with my GSR.

Did all maintenance and still need to clean the engine pretty bad. Whole car needs a bath which I will handle next Thursday. Included some interior shots after I cleaned it.

I can decide if I want to go OEM with the headlights or go with the spyder lights. Not a fan of the euro teg tails so I may just smoke mine and call it a day. Who knows. Any leads or advise is always appreciated.

post #13 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like you have a short shifter already installed on your gsr?

Quote:
Ehm, I guess its subjective. I thought it was pretty agreed upon that our OEM suspension is garbage But I guess it was just my opinion.
when the newest integra is 13-14 years old, of course it rides like a boat with worn suspension components like shocks and bushings. But back when they were new ls/gsr were probably one of the better handling sport compacts.
post #14 of 463 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 01:13 PM

Garage
As far as as your headlights and taillights, I only do oem and no smoke (as most people would agree) but in the end it's only about what YOU like

Last edited by myb18a1; 04-19-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page