Team Integra Forums banner

PURPEARLDC2's DVP GSR- Change of direction...

48K views 342 replies 55 participants last post by  9TechNine9 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! New member here! Im 17 years old. I just picked up a 2000 GS-R in Dark Violet Pearl last night. This is my second car, I had a 2007 Accord V6 that my dad gave to my brother as a grad present. Im not too disappointed though! haha Its a beautiful car, I absolutely love it! Completely stock, other than a PWJDM Intake, koni struts, lowering springs, and Drag wheels with lugs. Also has a Viper security system. Here are a few quick pics I took. (****ty weather starting here in Iowa) More to come with my camera!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CURRENT MODIFICATIONS

Engine: B18c1(rebuilt at 137,XXX miles), no-name 3" SRI, PLM RMF style header, K Teller 3" exhaust with Vibrant Performance resonators

Transmission: Action 1MS stage 4 clutch

Suspension: Koni Yellows w/ H&R race springs, ASR subframe brace, ASR 24mm rear sway bar, Function 7 LCA's

Body: Special Projects Motorsports P1 splitter, OEM Integra Type R spoiler

Wheels and tires: 15x7 e42 Drag DR21 with 205/50 Hankook Ventus V2, 15x7 e38 Kosei K1 with 205/50 Dunlop Direzza ZII

Interior: 350mm Personal Trophy steering wheel, NRG 2.0 quick release and short hub, Custom CF shift plate, K Tuned Pro Circuit shifter, Spoon Sports Duracon shift knob

How the car current sits:

In the works...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice car bro
Keep it safe and secure with layers of security

#3 ·
one of the best oem colors tegs came in. beautiful car. take care of it and welcome to the site

#4 ·
Reactions: gsr-coope
#16 ·
Congrats on the new car bub! Like others have already said, take a few and read some of the links provided. There is a great surplus of knowledge floating around here and do what you can to make the most of it. A Clean Integra is getting harder and harder to come by. That being said, always remember to treat that car better than your girlfriend. You can always find a new girlfriend, a clean Integra however is not always the case. Good Luck and keep us posted on your projects!!!!!!

-Nate

#22 · (Edited)
LITTLE update!

Just a little update here. Got my first 'mod' in the mail today. It's a base model RSX shift knob. I liked this one because its a little heavier than stock, but still obtains the clean, OEM look. Also, with my birthday coming up late this month, and Christmas the next, I plan on raking in a bunch of cash for parts! :biggrin: Give me input on what modifications are best to start with!

Here's a pic of the knob(I'm sure many have these)
Light Darkness Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

More pics of the car to come! FULL detail this weekend! :thumbs_up:

#23 ·
I'm sure many of you are concerned that this prime example will be going down the drain in the hands of a 17 year old, but I assure you that I WILL NOT be letting this happen! This is actually my little brother and his car, so I will be keeping a close eye on the build process. I like to think that I am the reason he now has the car, along with the bug that bites us all. This now makes 4 Hondas in the family that are exceptionally clean, and we were very happy to bring in the new addition, and vow to keep it a very clean example.

I have spent the past 7 years in Hondas (S2000, EM1, Accord), and have learned the dos and don'ts of building a Honda with my EM1, and look forward to teaching the little man all about it. For the past 5 years, I have managed a detail shop in our hometown, so before we start on any mods, the old girl will be getting clayed, compounded, sealed, and completely gone through on the inside. Though the car is exceptionally clean, it is not as clean as it could be. I will be focusing on the outside, as with any dark vehicle, swirl marks are inevitable, and definitely the worst part about it currently. That will be this weekend, so watch for updates!

I'm sure with his birthday and xmas coming up real soon, you guys will be seeing quite a few updates, as I know I at least got him some things for the car..... which he has yet to find out what! This will be a long build, as I'm sure many of you know being a student and building a car is not an easy task, so keep tuned, she will see a great deal of progress over the next months.

And just for kicks, some pics of the past ladies
My first Honda

The Currents

And a throwback to when I was his age

#25 ·
Haha! The S2k is gone now, as I made the executive decision to go back to school. But yes, we do love our Hondas! I'll throw up some more pics of all the cars, as I'm sure Grant will as well.

Here's a couple videos of my civic, first start-up and then another with a new map. This was all before tuning.

I'm really looking forward to working on the newest member of the family, and I promise not to hyjack this thread too much!

#26 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Here's a little update of some new goodies(My birthday and Christmas treated me well!)
Berber Lloyd mats(rears not pictured):

WeatherTech All Season mats:

NeoCrome Muteki Lug Nuts with locking lugs:

This Personal that I found locally for $120:

Not pictured: Replica Type R lip, 'Mugen Rep' front lip, OEM Type R Wing, B&M Single Bend Short Shifter, Energy shifter bushings, NRG Short hub, NRG ver. 2.5 Quick Release, and many things Im sure I forgot! I'll get pictures of the car with all of the new goodies once it warms up enough to paint!

#28 ·
I decided on the single single bend for two reasons. 1. I have rediculously long arms so reaching the shifter is not a problem and 2. With my new shift boot(PWJDM) the bend restricts the boot from moving, so going into second gear stretches the boot a ton. So, the single bend will center the shifter more in the console, and the shift knob will also sit lower in the console(I hope. Dont have it in the car).

I know this alllllll couldve been solved by getting a different boot...

#29 ·
are you sure youre running the boot the correct way? i have a dual bend and have no issues with the boot getting stretched

#30 ·
I truly believe so! I even had my brother, who has one on his car advise me so I didnt screw it up. HA, but I will check when we put the short shifter in. I didnt think getting a single bend was all that big of a mistake! I know people stress about the stock Integra shifters being so good, and it does feel great(especially with the new bushings) but Ive always liked the notchy feel of short shifters.

#31 ·
i run a dc sports short shifter and absolutely love it. so no argument there

the longer part of the boot should be in the back, the shorter part in the front. i have zero issues with my short shifter (dual bend) and stretching. so im inclined to say you mounted it backwards

#32 ·
There is not a longer or shorter end of the PWJDM boot. I have the logo facing rearward (keep in mind this isnt the DC ITR boot), so are you thinking there is a possibility I have the bracket in backwards? Im not too concerned either way. Im sure the problem will go away when I throw in the short shifter, but I will double check when the time comes.

#33 ·
thats weird. you shouldnt be able to put the bracket in the wrong way. i guess it might clear up when you put in the short shifter. if not i would take it up w PWJDM. every boot i have had has had a slightly longer back so that when you push the shifter forward it doesnt stretch

#34 ·
You are correct, the bracket can only go in one way. After analyzing the boot, I believe the issue is the height of the boot, which is about an inch shorter than the stock one. So, what's happening is the neck of the boot is not going down the STOCK shifter far enough to NOT have it stretching into the gears closest to the driver (2-4-R). Also, If you look at the PWD shift boots, they are not offset front or rear. I am going to double check this, and pull both the boot from the Civic and Integra, but I'm nearly positive there is not a front or rear....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.