Team Integra Forums banner

sask-gsr's 450+ WHP GSR revival log

11K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  sask-gsr 
#1 ·
Well, let’s start this thread off with how my last build ended.

it was a 2000 Integra GSR with a Jackson racing supercharger, best run was a 13.4 at S.I.R. engine was rebuilt with forged wiseco pistons, scat forged H beams, acl bearings and ARP head studs etc. head was stock, Started college and got tired of the car, so I pulled the engine and sold the shell. Sat on the engine for awhile playing with ideas of what to put it in until one night this car came up for sale.

a 1994 GSR shell with a JDM front clip and siebon carbon fiber hood, I got the shell from a local member here. I got it with much assembly required, it was basically just a bare shell of a car with nice paint.

I began working on the car by deleting ABS, tucking the brake lines and putting the prop valve behind the dash, then started assembling the dash/ putting the chassis harness back on the car.

See less See more
#2 ·
This car was well known around the city here although rarely seen when it was together, usually just at car shows, sporting a top mount turbo kit and 350whp, here's a picture from it when it used to be assembled and at a car show years ago.

I plan to take this car well past the level it was at before, it will be a street/track car but I also intend on attending many shows/meets around here so it will be functional and still turn heads. My next issue was that I had no interior, luckily i managed to snag a nice amount of JDM ITR interior goodness.

I decided that the supercharger just wasn’t enough power for what I wanted this car to be, so I started to piece together a turbo kit to bring my big goals to life. The first big part of this kit was a nice AFI top mold manifold. As for the actual turbo I will be using a 60 trim GARRETT with a .48 AR exhaust side, this should provide a very quick spool for this street/track car. and of course as anyone with a JRSC and a turbo kit knows, you must take a joke twin charge picture to fool all your friends. :)

With this build I was always on the hunt for some obscure parts, I managed to find an old school JG Edelbrock intake manifold and a Holley 68mm throttle body. paired with some 1000cc Precision injectors and a composite Skunk2 fuel rail, I painted up the intake manifold, it came out pretty nice i thought.

#3 ·
I got the car in November 2012, and collected parts all that winter and assembled what I could, one of my favorite things are the dash, sporting AEM analog gauges and the ITR cluster and a CF clock pod.

For wheels I chose to go with some 15x7 Enkei RPF1s paired with BFG G-fore sport tires in the standard 195/55 size, these should go nicely with the direction I’m going with the car. The car has Omni Power coilovers and rear LCAs so far in the suspension department.

Buying parts and assembling what I could during the first winter was a great time, but as I was now finished college I figured it was about time I got my own place, so near the end of winter I moved into my house, sporting a 26’x30’ garage to finish the build with, parts flow slowed as I equipped the garage with the things needed to continue the build so the car sat untouched for most of the summer. Now as winter approaches it’s wrenching season again, I’m soon to ramp up the parts buying to finish the car.

for a car that has never left the garage, it seems to get a lot of friends in the garage next to it when I have people over.

My most recent purchase was a USDM ITR center console, I found just last week. and a current picture of how the car sits, next step for it is a fuel system, going with a fuel cell, braided lines all the way.

#4 ·
Some random parts i've gotten for the build.

JDM ITR floor mats

TR8L intercooler, 2.5" aluminum piping

the G-force sports, love these tires, had great luck with them on last integra

44mm TIAL V-band wastegate

Endyn catch can, AEM cam gears, Blitz BOV, random ruckus stretch parts

My inline fuel filter, and the start of some fuel line fabbing

85A billet Innovative mounts, AEM fuel pressure regulator, skunk2 rail again

#5 ·
really liking all of the sexiness and hard work paired with some nice parts in this thread.

#7 ·
thanks guys, I'm going for around 400 whp on 94 octane pump gas in the spring here (if i manage to get everything finished) It won't be leaving the garage until i'm happy with everything on it, there will be no scabbed together parts of this build, I'll keep it in for another year if i have to for perfection. it's starting to get cold here now, soon to be snow, so i've gotta finish up my crx daily (just a stock engine replacement as a rod decided to say hi to my radiator) but i should have updates after that

#8 ·
alright, got some garage time in, Changed my mind on the fuel cell and got my hands on a parts integra, pulled the tank and fuel lines out of it. I got the tank, pump and lines installed, I'm going to switch to braided line right before the firewall so that's all you'll see in the bay, just waiting on a few fittings to finish that up. I went with a walboro 255 for a pump.
How she sits right now

and a shot of the bay showing the wire tuck

#10 ·
Bit of an update, started clearing out and cleaning my interior, also got some things installed, hopefully get time to assemble the rest of the interior today.

I also found pics of the brake and wire tuck, so i thought i'd post a few of them.

#11 · (Edited)
Big update

Ok guys, it's been awhile. I have been working on the car still and as of yesterday it runs. Kenny from turbogixxer tuning will be tuning it near the end of may, I brought her to a car show earlier this spring. I have a few things to work out still before tuning but she is so close to being done!!!!

Ended up taking second place at the car show for sports compact, a friend took a few pictures of it at the show for me.

please ignore the gross bay paint and the valve cover smudges. still a work in progress

Attachments

#12 ·
Driving!!!!!

WOO HOO! Car is running and driving, it's been a long time coming and far from being finished but the car now runs and drives. still waiting one more week for the full tune but at partial throttle and just cruising around it runs great.

On the trailer coming home 2.5 years ago, and last night in the same spot.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan

I also ended up chatting with the guys from WORKS Engineering Canada last night and picked up a few awesome looking pieces, will be installing tonight.

Cam Seal
Oil Cap
70mm Throttle Body
Reservoir sock
Solenoid Cover
coupler off turbo since i got a blue one sent on accident before.

Material property Photography

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Tool accessory Machine

#14 · (Edited)
thanks man, me too.

Got the works stuff on last night, and then proceeded to rip it all apart to port match the intake manifold. please ignore the FPR I do have a black AEM one, it just was being a lil b**** the other night and not holding pressure. I'm really loving the way this works stuff looks, nice matte anodized black.

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line

Auto part Engine Automotive wheel system Wheel Machine

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Automotive exterior Bumper

Auto part

also guys, I haven't posted on a forum in awhile... how do i make these images bigger?

#15 ·
Dyno time!!

It finally came, this weekend was it, tune weekend!

the shop we were dyno-ing at was about 6 hours away in Edmonton, So we loaded er up and booked a campsite outside the city to stay at. My dad came along and provided the wicked tow rig.

In Edmonton right before the street tune portion of the tune, felt amazing to be able to actually accelerate and drive around with normal traffic so much easier.

And then the next morning we go up to hit the Dyno, for the first few runs I had zero issues, in the later few runs my car started to hit rev limiter a bit too early, might be a coil or igniter issue, will look into that later. but here are the numbers, I managed to blow my goal of 400 WHP out of the water, I made 462 WHP and 310 WTQ.

#16 ·
Nice numbers! Bet its a blast to drive. Get some videos!

#19 · (Edited)

Here's a quick rundown of the engine setup:

ENGINE:

2000 B18C1
Wiseco 9.8:1 forged pistons
Scat H beam forged rods
ACL bearings
ARP headstuds

TURBO KIT:

AFI top mount manifold
Garrett t3/t4 60 trim .63 AR
2.5" I/C piping
Treadstone TR8L intercooler
Blitz BOV
70mm Works engineering throttle body
JG Edelbrock Intake manifold (port matched to TB)
3" straight pipe exhaust
Tial 44mm WG

FUEL:

1000 cc precision injectors
Skunk2 composite fuel rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
walbro 255 fuel pump

TRANNY:

GSR tranny w/ ITR LSD
Competition clutch stage 4 clutch
Competition clutch 12.5 lb flywheel

COOLING:

Fluidyne half ran
Mishimoto silicone rad hoses
Slim mount fan
Chasebays coolant overflow

#21 ·
I love driving the car, been using it as a DD weather permitting, I don't think I'll change anything crazy this summer, just enjoy the car finally. That being said, I am working on the next stage of the build in the garage. I got my hands on a 36mm JDM ITR 5 lug setup, bigger sway bars front and back. I've started stripping this all down to bare metal components so I can repaint it and install new bushings throughout, I'm leaning towards all Hardrace bushings.. I have a spare front sub frame so I can get most of this done without having to take anything off the car.

My little shop of horrors

SUCCESS, I dont own a shop press, this was a lot of work with just hand tools. I will obviously get the new bushings pressed in.

DD status, back form groceries

Attachments

#22 ·
Hey Dre!

Man...your teg is just beastly and you obviously put alot of work into it. Now I want to say that your teg is like a damn F1 Ferrari compared to mine..but somethings kinda bother me.

For such a well put together teg with quality stuff..

Why the dirty bay with unmatched paint? You got the shell without a engine and have obviously put alot of work into it from the brake tuck to everything else. That dull/faded dirty bay compared to that beautiful paint job really irks me.

The engine was out and everything..?Plus the spikey bolts everywhere It just clashes in my eyes and detracts from an exceptionally nice teg.

#23 · (Edited)
Yeah.... about the bay, it needs some major loving.

Somewhere in the build I made a call to try and use a mostly stock engine harness to get rid of some possible sources for error (lots of places for things to go wrong coming from a bare shell). so, with not running the harness the way I eventually want to, and not knowing exactly which holes and brackets I was going to need in the end I had to choose between 3 options:

1) half-a$$ed paint the bay
2) put off the bay work until I have time to do what I want
3) delay the car getting running

I chose to put it off for now, trust me it irks me too, I hate how the paint looks in the bay, along with some other details that got sidelined to get the car running and driving. This winter (6 months of winter here BTW) the engine will come out, all extra holes will be shaved, extra brackets deleted, some rough bits smoothed out and the bay will be painted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.