Team Integra Forums banner

My very slow Quest for 9s in 2018 possibly??? :)

59K views 412 replies 36 participants last post by  boosted98b18c1 
#1 · (Edited)
98 GSR
Stock Sleeves
Bored to 81.5mm
Arias 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully built portflow head w/itr cams
Spoolin Topmount manifold, downpipe and dump tube
Garrett GT30R
Tial 44mm wastegate
Precision 600+hp intercooler
Precision 1000cc injectors
Walbro pump
Hondata s200 w/chipped p28
Competition Clutch twin disc

Built By Blacktrax in Milpitas, CA.
Tuned by Dave of DNR in Hayward, CA.

Current power: 507hp 339tq@22lbs
Best personal time: 11.4@128

Before when I had the car for a couple of months (graduation present):

With Drag turbo kit:

in 2007 with a ramhorn kit:

Current setup running 3 years strong and 9 years later!

I know I can dip into 10s!!! just need more seat time with a better 60'

Thanks for looking guys! GIVE ME YOUR INPUT PLEASE!

See less See more
#11 ·
They actually didnt say anything to me because i was disqualified from bracket racing...i hit that 11.4 when they had "fun runs" for those who where eliminated in 1st and 2nd round and that was my last run anyways...if i can dip into 10s, I am going to order a fire jacket and get a cage...i still drive the car around so I dont wanna put a cage in it just yet simply because i dont wanna lose any panels and hack up my dash

#12 ·
getting 2 step and being able to build at "set" pressure every-time would helpful. as it would let you leave in boost, but than you might need a dual stage control to control the off the line pressure

I was sixty footing low 1.7s with only 300hp(running 11.8 to 12.1), so if you would be able to get down to low or mid 1.7s you should be able to get in the 10s.

#13 ·
that are my plans for the next event i go to...programming in 2 step and possibly setting the rev limit to 9k instead of 8400...i just need a little bit more seat time as im not really used to the power yet...ran 3 times on sunday and hit a 11.6 off the trailer 12.1 bogging first then the 11.4 then back on trailer LOL

#15 ·
Looks like you could do some more weight reductions....cruise control and sunroof should be good for 30-40 lbs.

#19 ·
just saw ur blinging build to...hope to see that on the street/track soon!

Its really funny how two of my friends talk smack about me having a baby motor when they are both 2.0 sleeved LSVTECs with gt35r turbos and run the same time as me...and their setups are in a 3rd gen RS and a EK coupe which are wayyyy lighter than my car LOL

#27 ·
been a while i havent updated...went to an event recently and wasnt able to do anything better than a 11.4 since it was soo hot one of my couplers got soft and ripped and also was spinning on my 24.5x7 slicks at 8psi...next week im yanking out the motor to take out the ABS, wire tuck and clean up my engine bay for the Blox meet in July...will update with pictures soon

#28 ·
car is currently in the paint shop getting the engine bay sprayed...pic is before i took majority of the lines out...wire tuck is basically done in the bay and on the motor. Took out my ABS and lines so ill be tucking the brake lines and changing the clutch line out to a SS one...got bored and painted my valve cover to see what it looks like...LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.