another teggy possibly down? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Model: 3.5L GSR
Year: 1996
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default another teggy possibly down?

Hey there TI, just thought id update you on whats happening to my car now. To make this a brief story i was driving home friday night at about 10 roughly with the lady and a couple of friends. Right before i get on the highway right after accelerating away from a traffic light i see a deer run across the road, and of course i start to slow down and say "oh hey look a deer!". now deer are not that big of a deal to me i see them every friggin day, and actually when i went out to take some of these pics there were a half a dozen standing in my driveway staring at me, so i know how to act around them. slow down pay attention and be ready for more cause theres never just one. Now i finally noticed the socond one as im looking for the next one to cross but still driving at about 30mph, and as i noticed him he was bouncing off of my front bumper towards the passenger side. Now instead of stopping in traffic i kept driving, got on the highway, got off the highway, and pulled over at the closest gas station en route home and took this (maybe 2 minutes after i hit it)

at this point i knew that the damage would be pricey but hoped for the best (and am still hoping for the best). as of now and my minor experience in body work i can say that the bumper is toast (obviously), bumper support is bent but intact, door has a dent and has been knocked out of alignment, headlight is trashed (the housing is in one piece but the projector inside literally exploded haha), somehow the fender is more or less intact and still usable, and my mirror is gone (i didnt notice that until i the next morning, but im hoping that the carbon fiber from the mirror got shattered into that deers head cause ima find him and eat him haha). As for my plan now ive called insurance but couldnt reach their 24 hour line, so im waiting until tuesday because of damn presidents day, hoping the frame damage isnt too bad since ive pulled the bumper and noticed it is bent outwards and crunched in maybe an inch all together, and either fixing it myself or if its not all too bad maybe the insurance company will fix it. Now before anyone says go JDM front conversion...i already have haha, the entire setup has been sitting in my basement for about a half a year now waiting to find a welder :P the main point of this is to really keep everyone up to date as to what happened and ill update this as i find everything out. now the rest of the pics:

SteveV91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Model: Integra GSR
Year: 1995
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

cant wait to see her with the jdm front,glad not too much damage done, and thats an awesome crack in that fiberglass front bumper! lol
vtecbully is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.