First Good in-car video 1st-3rd gear
Merry Christmas TI
Compression Update
Finally got the stupid inner tie rods!
Injector Question
Another Picture Update
Thank You TI Community
New parts from a MA local
Car is running normal again and things are looking up :)
Come on TI, help a fellow out
eBay Brake Question
Amazing TI members :)
Fuxxed wheel bearing :(
Oil pan gasket, still no rear brakes, and more random pics.
Pics of Hasports in
Hasport Time!!!
Car is in the shop
Huge picture update while the car is down
Big damage this time
Road trip and 120mph
Said parts arrive
550$ worth of OEM parts
New IACV but still jumping idle
New Intake!
Running good
Pic Update
Bad bearing, need another tranny.
Back on the road
New front bumper
Found A New Transmission DD once again
HID pics
Broken Differential
More thieves damage!
Thieves tried to steal my car!
HID's
Auto to Manual DONE!
New Radiator
Sold White rims, more parts
Dizzy timing all f%^&ed up
Cracked Bumper
Auto to Manual Parts
Intro

So i'll start off by saying I absolutely love this car, I wanted one as my first car but I only had 600$ so I got a P.O.S. VW. Then when the engine went (after 3000 miles) I decided I was determined to get a Teg. I live in Springfield and if you live around here you know the condition of honda's/acura's around here.

Well after many weeks of searching I came up with nothing. Every single one was rust covered or ran like crap or needed this and that. By the way I was going for 1200$-1500$ Well finally I gave up and decided to just see what I could get for any price since everything in my range was complete ****. Thats when everything fell into place and I got "Lucky". I found a 96 LS automatic for 2000 OBO. I became interested because it was a craigslist ad that said pics only sent to serious buyers. The ad just said 96 integra LS, Leather, silver, auto. To be honest I knew nothing about integra's then. Also earlier that day my boss said he'd give me 1800$ and I could work it off so I was pretty eager. I immediately called the guy and said I was interested and wanted some pics. This is when I got kinda scared. I got these pics.

I was kinda scared but he assured me it ran good and was clean, I told him I wont pay more than 1800$ and he gave me an address. The next day I drove to Holyoke to look at it. The first thing I realized was it was parked between two SUV's and I couldn't even see it. This was my first experience with a lowered car. I had only been driving for 3 months and had just turned 17 and only had a heavy european 5spd that felt like it was flipping over in corners.

I met the guy who was actually only 20 and he began telling me the cars history. I could not believe what had happened to this car. The first thing he told me was the front bumper was brand new, hence the black primer, all the other primer parts (front fenders, rear quarter panels) had just been worked on and all the rust had been removed. He told me the engine had just been installed and has 130,xxx miles. The chassis has 200,xxx miles. The dash read 172,XXX. Two months prior it had rear ended a trunk, hence the new bumper and worked on fenders. Six months before that the car had been stolen from his cousin (the previous owner) and was completely stripped. He said it had 19" rims (hence the wide fenders) , a full audio system, a gsr engine and hks enxhaust. He got a rolling chassis on steelies with no interior what-so-ever. He fully re-did the car, black leather gsr seats, original transmission (no one wants to steal a automatic ls tranny around here, they just threw it in the trunk), black dash, ls motor with 130,xxx miles and stock exhaust. Thats how I bought it. That first day I went to look at that car was the first time I drove a acura with an intake mod. In this case it was just a removed resonator, but i fell in love with the rumbly sound.

After a title issue and waiting 2 weeks for a new one he decided to give the car to me for 1600$!! What a great day. The day I bought it was the happiest day I can remember. However I also discovered some things that made me realize that people can be really good liars. once on the highway the slight wobble be told me was from a slighly bent rim magnified into a car shaking rumble. It was enough to scare but I made it home, however I also found out the radiator fan is non-functioning and needed to be replaced, so when i was stuck in traffic at the "X" (springfield reference) it started steaming and leaking everywhere (hot July day). from that on I just kept finding small things wrong with the car or things just missing. I immediately cleaned it even more and these are some pics I took.

So I drove it like that for a few months while I paid back my boss(did a few small things though, such as 2 new steelies to get rid of the wobble). Finally i paid him back and got sick of everyone calling the car a piece of **** because of the paint. I decided to go the cheap way and primed he whole thing with rattle cans. For my first time handling cans I must say it came out pretty good.

thats me sprayin away and in not completely asian, im also german french etc lol

all done

kid that helped me

We did all this behind the pizza shop I work at, for locals its The Pizza Shoppe on Shaker Rd.

Next project was the brakes. They were SHOT!! when I replaced them one caliper was seized! I had a bad front caliper and two warped rotors, both in front!!!

same kid that helped me paint. (Nice smooth primer, haha)

this is the last pic right before winter set in and I had stupid steelies

Then I got lucky and got Fat Fives with BRAND NEW TOYO'S!! I couldnt believe only 250$ she just wanted to put her Swirlies on so she practically gave me the fat fives.

Once I got these I realized the remaining two remaining original steelies were probably bent too because the ride got a lot smoother.

As you can see in the pics that was on a good day in the winter (you can see snow in the background) thats as far as my car has gotten since July of 09'

Oh and some pics of the new stock blinkers, and yes someone hit me and cracked my bumper

Heres a pic in the snow

So when spring rolls around I plan on painting it white and i'm not sure but i have 18" motegi mr7's in white I might put on.

Im open to all comments and thanks for reading my progress so far!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yea I think I'm just gunna sell the 18's I had em refinished and painted so they're mint but I don't think they'll be good on this car. If all goes well it'll be a 5-spd by the end of march. Just gettin a few more pieces. That's the only reason I miss my old car. Rippin through gears in a 600$ car I didn't give two ****s about. Haha those were the days...

#8 ·
that 5spd swap is gonna be just loadsss of fun lol i finished mine not to long ago read meltmans thread on it im sure itll help ALOT he has alot of smart ideas espically the metal plate to block out the exhaust from your auto shifter

#9 ·
Thanks, I'll try the blinker stuff when it's not 15 degrees out lol, and I kinda like the dull gray. At first I wanted to repaint it VSM but now I want it to be white. Plus when my car gets hit I just whip out 6$ can. Haha. I've read a ton of stuff on the auto to manual swap and I think I've read his article too. I'm payin someone who has done the swap before a couple times so it should go smooth. He said if I buy everything and help out I might get it done in one day

#10 ·
ok looks good bro but if you ever need any help, give me a pm cuz i am just about 20miles south of you in ct, and i got a good paint and body guy who paints all my crew cars here in ct. and i must say if you ever wanna do that auto to manual swap, i am well experience.

#12 ·
zodiac_00 i'd also like to get a quote on a white paintjob, no specific white (maybe champion), but as you can see majority of body work is done, no rust. im not planning on painting till summer most likely, but i wanna plan ahead. only things i need before paint are new front fenders (no need for rolled ones), side skirts (crappy), and put that new bumper on.

#16 ·
BrandanVenne on Feb/07/10 said:
the only thing is I have no where to work and basically no tools. senior in high school, working at a pizza shop. and i'd definitely throw you some money

you can come to my two car garage, when ever you have all the parts. i think we can bang it out in a day or two with all the hands i got.

#17 ·
oh my god, thats great, and ill give u atleast 100$ your saving me hundreds haha

heres some pics of what i have

resurfaced stock flywheel

clutch pedal and master cylinder, have gas and brake too

flywheel cover, new

barely used clutch, oem replacement

oem replacement pressure plate

shifter, need knob and boot

pic of the rims on my old car that I wanted to put on this one but im probably going to sell them

after they were refinished

and some random pics

#20 ·
from what i can tell u, ur going to need a tranny, auto to manual mount, get a chasebay clutch line like i did, ***** pin,flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts, manual ecu, manual t bracket, 2 shiftlinkage bolts. that it and any other little thing i should have it. heres some of the thing i had got for mine.

#21 ·
yea, i got the ecu and steel braided clutch lines, i just need the t-bracket, shift knob, boot, new cv joints/axles, and a few random bolts for the linkage etc... i got all the flywheel and clutch bolts, also whats the deal with the starter? he was gunna give it to me with the tranny but ended up selling it. he gave me 1 bolt kuz i complained about it but i dont know if they'll fit . i heard its 1 bolt difference but im not sure.

#24 ·
hey man i just read through your thread. What ever you are doing sounds promising. Little by little you are recovering the teg back to how it should have been treated. keep up the good work! You might want to check out the suspension you got on. I knew a friend that picked up a teg with cut springs on stock shock. His car was previously stolen before he bought it and it was put back together like crap.

-mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.