Running Log: jjkz24's JDM Front GSR / 770whp @31psi - Page 64 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 324Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #883 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It's late, and I'm beat. I'm going to start on the write-up with the parts list in the morning.
justYncredible likes this.

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #884 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So what's needed to make this kind of power? Everything that I've come up with, is related to research on here, no where else, including H-T. I want to stress the importance of how much GREAT info is on this site, and can be found by just a little searching. I can't tell you how much I cringe when I see a post of "Which exhaust to buy?"

I told my engine builder that I want to OVERBUILD this block. Here's what we came up with:

Block:

If you haven't guessed, this will be sleeved. Upon reading up and asking others about personal experiences, I've decided that Benson will be sleeving my block. A lot of people may not know this, but Dan Benson personally touches every block. He has no other employees under him. This is attractive to me, because I know his personal experience is going into my block.

I sourced a low-mileage JDM B18C block, and has been sent out as of this week. I'm looking at approx a 4-week turn around time. Here are pictures of the block in its current state, before being packaged. I'll be keeping the motor that's currently in the vehicle, and eventually sleeve it as well.

post #885 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
For pistons, I went with Wiesco. I currently have them, and they have treated me well. Yes, have the .200-walled pin with them. Beefy for sure. The ring lands on these are thick as well.

post #886 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Connecting Rods:

I decided to go with Carrilo's. They're top of the line rod for Honda's are their Pro series, which I splurged on. These aren't your typical H-beam rod. These aren't your typical H-beam rods that are tapered. Using a straight h-beam, (not tapered) they're some of the strongest rods available. Additionally, these come with 3/8" rod bolts. They're huge. These things are meaty, beefy, and pictures do not do these any justice. They were also salty, at $1100.

post #887 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Head Studs

As guessed, I'm utilizing ARP studs. However, I'm utilizing their L19 line of studs. L19 differs from their standard studs that they're vacuum melted alloyed steel with sufficient chromium and carbon to achieve high hardness. These have strengths that have been tested at 270,000 psi. These also had a hefty price tag.

post #888 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
All those part are some serious business !!!

the L19's seem to be about 2x the price, that right?
post #889 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
All those part are some serious business !!!

the L19's seem to be about 2x the price, that right?
@MorningZ Ugh...they are. These ran me $400. But, they're worth it, IMO.
post #890 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Did you go with the Wiseco HD strutted Pistons with upgraded tool steel wrist pins?

The wrist pins pictured don't look as thick as most upgraded pins I have used.

When you are looking into such a hefty power goal my main question would be what are you going to do about the driveline? Transmission gears are known to shatter at 700+.

968whp GSR build thread
How to Install an LSD
Brotato Racing - Best E.T. 9.73 @ 151mph
www.finishing-lines.com
post #891 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:09 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Here is what I mean about the thickness differences of the upgraded pins

post #892 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:32 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Glad to see you getting back at it! Ive been waiting for updates on this build for such a long time.

The new parts look beefy!
post #893 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by luck4rmkc View Post
Did you go with the Wiseco HD strutted Pistons with upgraded tool steel wrist pins?

The wrist pins pictured don't look as thick as most upgraded pins I have used.

When you are looking into such a hefty power goal my main question would be what are you going to do about the driveline? Transmission gears are known to shatter at 700+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luck4rmkc View Post
Here is what I mean about the thickness differences of the upgraded pins
@luck4rmkc Hey buddy! Yes, they're the HD pistons, with the upgraded wrist pins. The pics of both the pistons and the pins above I pulled off of Google. Since I have the pistons packaged up within the block to send to Benson, I didn't get a chance to get pics beforehand.

As far as the trans is concerned, I gave some thought about it, and keeping it stock for now. With wanting to get into roll-racing, my thinking is that the abuse and shock should be significantly less than the abuse that a drivetrain takes when staging and launching from a dead stop at the 1/4 mile. I won't be giving it full-throttle until 60mph. I'm also tossing the idea of investing into Hondata's traction control. It could be argued if reducing engine output and not spinning is taking less stress of the drivetrain as well, but I have no data, nor have I talked to anyone that has used it in a racing application for personal feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
Glad to see you getting back at it! Ive been waiting for updates on this build for such a long time.

The new parts look beefy!
@drmix They definitely are, indeed. Especially the rods. They're pieces of jewelery that'll be installed inside of something that I hope to not see again, if you know what I mean.
post #894 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Engine Mounts

Believe it or not, up until now, I've been utilizing the factory stock OEM engine mounts with 84K on them. They haven't let me down at all, and have kept vibrations at an OEM level. Because of my new goals, I think it's time to upgrade. I ordered up a set of grey-anodized HASport mounts. I got their "street" version. I don't think I need anything extremely solid such as their "race" versions. I'm still waiting for these to be shipped, which I'm hoping is this week. HASport was in the process of manufacturing these, since I ordered them with the grey-anodized finish.

post #895 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Valves

When I built the motor the first time, I kept the stock valves, as they were fine for my power goals. I decided that these need to be upgraded, as they're cheap enough to ease my mind. I ordered and received a set of intake and exhaust Brian Crower stainless steel valves. I kept them a standard size.

post #896 of 1269 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Engine Damper

The factory pulley will just not do. I ordered and received ATI SuperDamper in their "race" version. This version does not include drvies for A/C or P/S. The alternator drive is built into the hub with laser engraved 360 timing marks on outer damper shell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page